AG Grand Prix Playoffs - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichus

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion

(gorgeous art by Chloe)

Learn more about the 2020 Anything Goes Tournament Circuit.

The AG Grand Prix consists of three tournaments, The ORAS Cup, The USUM Cup and The Galar Cup. Players earn points from each cup in order to reach the playoffs, a top 16 bracket where they can compete to earn points for the AG Circuit.​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
  • Replays are mandatory.
#1 l'habitat vs #16 Zesty43
#2 Skarph vs #15 WSun1
#3 pichus vs #14 Fardin
#4 Dockiva~~ vs #13 Guardsweeper
#5 Cam vs #12 Geysers
#6 Zayele vs #11 bigtalk
#7 Pigeons vs #10 Icemaster
#8 64 Squares vs #9 Enzo Gorlami

The order of the games will be:
1st game: USUM AG
2nd game: Galar Dex AG or ORAS AG, loser of 1st game decides between these 2.
3rd game: Galar Dex AG or ORAS AG, whichever wasn't picked for game 2.

Deadline: 12th July 2020. (extensions will be offered, worry not!)
Have fun!

Last edited:

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
lame predicts cause im bored from studying

#1 l'habitat vs #16 Zesty43 - really cool matchup. i think habitat definitively takes galar, zesty takes usum, and oras is a tossup. but habitat is on my team so bias prevails
#2 Skarph vs #15 WSun1 - skarph wins in all 3 gens. unbeatable in usum, good in oras, only thing i'm not sure about is galar but again skarph is on my manager so...
#3 pichus vs #14 Fardin - hl matchup. i think this could go either way for all 3 gens and i believe they are relatively equal. i can see pichus taking oras since she won the cup and i also give her a slight edge in usum. galar im not sure about but honestly i just hope theres not too much hax in this series cause it should produce some really good games
#4 Dockiva~~ vs #13 Guardsweeper - honestly dont really know. dockiva is a better usum player and builder imo, really like his builds, but oras and galar are completely in the air
#5 Cam vs #12 Geysers - cam is a better player and should easily take galar. ben is good in usum but i think cam is still better there. oras, like always, is a tossup and ben could take that one
#6 Zayele vs #11 bigtalk - i think zayele is a marginally better player though bigtalk is probably the better builder. zayele plays a lot of usum, so i favour her there. bigtalk is a relatively new ag player in general, but i do think he will take galar because of ubers experience. zayele should have good support for oras just from her agpl team lol
#7 Pigeons vs #10 Icemaster - second hl matchup. bolding ice mostly because of galar. pigeons takes oras, ice takes galar, usum is a really interesting mu and while i think pigeons is the better player overall he's a little lazy with prep so ice could comfortably outprep him. still a really fun matchup and i think it'll go to 3 definitely simply bc the loser picks the tier they have an advantage in
#8 64 Squares vs #9 Enzo Gorlami - gunner is really good, esp in oras. 64 should not be underestimated, especially in usum, where he made finals, but i think gunner is a better player overall. galar is the tossup here for me

rooting for skarph/ice/pichus :)

baconeatinassassin

smile!
is a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
hi

#1 l'habitat vs #16 Zesty43 - I don't know what "the habitat" is supposed to mean/be a reference to, while "zesty" is cool word to say out loud and is a good adjective to describe the number 43 imo
#2 Skarph vs #15 WSun1 - while "skarph" is a downgrade from garbodorishot, "wsun1" seems pretty random to me and their original ps main "spicy fortniter 69" would be funny if I was 12 years old
#3 pichus vs #14 Fardin - I've never questioned fardin's name until the writing this post, and now I'm pretty convinced that it's just his irl name which seems both lazy and also perfectly fitting for his character to me. pichus is a cute pokemon but as a name slightly lacks individuality, toss-up for me
#4 Dockiva~~ vs #13 Guardsweeper - idg either of these names (a dock named iva? a reference to some wack game about cats that maintain time?) but guardsweeper rolls off the tongue better
#5 Cam vs #12 Geysers - cam is a nice short snappy name, and although "geysers" is an improvement from "bananaben15", naming yourself after water coming out of the ground is a rather questionable decision to me (and also reminds me of dora the explorer don't ask)
#6 Zayele vs #11 bigtalk - again, idk what "zayele" is meant to be, but i have to go against bigtalk after his recent ps namechange to "largespeak"
#7 Pigeons vs #10 Icemaster - i'd rather be a bird than a master of ice tbh
#8 64 Squares vs #9 Enzo Gorlami - i've played less than 10 games of chess in my life and have never seen the movie inglorious basterds, so can't comment on either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)