XY OU Gravity SWeb - OU Offensive team

INTRO
Hey guys, I've made many teams since I started playing Showdown, but this is the very first time for me to put up one of my teams here so I can receive advises and ratings to improve.
The thing is, I really like the idea of this team and it did work, got me to about 1600 on the Ladder. However, it is nowhere close to perfect, or at least good enough to get me further. I know the concept of a perfect team does not exist, but I grew on this team so much that I need opinions from you guys.
TEAM MEMBERS

1. MegaChomp:

Cap' Crunch (Garchomp) (F) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Stone Edge Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega Garchomp in Sand is a undeniable monster. With huge 170 ATK stat, this thing comes in and kills something all the time. With sticky web up, the nerf to its speed is not a big problem, but I run Naive nature in case I haven't Mega evolve yet and need to KO a Charizard Y with SE.
Its moveset is pretty standard with EQ and Outrage for stab, Fire Blast for Ferro or Scizor, SE for Char Y and also this move gets a boost from Sand Force I replaced SE with HP Ice because strangely I never have to use SE (and even if I use it I just miss anyway). HP Ice can 2HKO a Lando and a Gliscor after Poison heal.

2. Lando:

Gold Digger (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Gravity

This is my late game sweeper. Once S-web is up and you have a chance to pull off Gravity, this beast comes in and OHKO or 2HKO most things. Also Gravity means no more Focus Miss. I run Modest Nature to boost its power even further, and because S-web and Gravity combo makes it faster than lots of mons.
Earth power for stab, Psychic for Megasaur or Fighting types, FBlast for annoying Ferror and sometimes a damaged Chansey.

3. Galvantula:

Bullseye (Galvantula) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Galvantula is so good this generation that it plays an important role in my team. Not only it has the ability to slow down the opponent's team, but also keeps my game momentum with Volt Switch. I love to lead with this mon, but not go straight for Sticky Web if I detected a spinner or defogger and waste a good Pokemon. Thunder is for good damage and HP Ice is for Landos, Gliscors and Chomps.

4. Scarfed Tyranitar:

Bodybag (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Another big guy of the team. Scarfed Tytar is common these days but if you play it smart, this thing can catch people off guard and KO something. The Sand is also nice for Megachomp and breaking opponent's sashes. Crunch and SE and EQ are pretty standard, Ice punch for Landos and non-scarfed Chomps. (I was thinking of running Fire Punch for Scizor and Ferrothorn, instead of Ice Punch but not so sure about it)

5. AV Gyarados:

Red Bride (Gyarados) (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

I don't know if I'm the only one around here running AV Gya, but it is surprisingly good to me. Intimidate + AV is very wonderful, makes this thing a almost perfect Tank which can take most non-electric attacks and fire back a powerful attack. Dragon Tail is a filler, but works well when something like other Gyarados tries to setup.

6. Specially Defensive Scizor:
This was a fallen comrade, who was replaced by the scary AC Conkeldur.

6. AV Conkeldurr:

Work bitch (Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Happiness: 0
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- ThunderPunch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

Defog Scizor wasn't that helpful to my team, and he couldn't take many hits as I expected him to, so I have to say goodbye to Zor, and hello Conk. This is a standard Assault Vest Conkeldurr that most people run. His 140 ATK is godlike and with the SpDef boost, anything that is not Talonflame or Staraptor cannot OHKO (or 2HKO) this beast. Thunder Punch instead of Ice because I don't have problem facing Landos or Gliscor ( and because of the crazy amount of Ice moves in my team lol). Also Thunder punch can help me deal a massive damage to Char Y, and then finish it off with a Mach Punch. 48 Speed so that Conk can outspeed non invested Azu (in case I need to kill it with Thunder Punch).

REPLAYS
This shows the power of Sticky Web + Gravity Combo: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-147744787

LAST WORDS
Thanks for taking your time reading, any feedback is welcomed, especially about EV spread. Also I apologize for my imperfect English, but I'm still learning from mistakes all the time. Have a nice day Smogon :)

Last edited:
Images be too big for my taste friend >.<

How do you deal with Bold Porygon2?
If I were a Bold Porygon2 user (I am) I'd time my Recover so I can keep up Ice Beam pressure so Focus Blast Landorus doesn't KO me. You address the issue of Chansey at late-game but wouldn't SkarmBliss or a similar defensive core outstall your Gravity if it's still the middle of the game? I think you only 2HKO some Bold Chansey with Garchomp's Sand Force Earthquake.

252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 244 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 281-333 (40 - 47.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
So Chansey outstalls Focus Blast's PP. However Sand Force Earthquake can deal with Chansey, so it's just Landorus' description you have to change.

Scizor is your setup sweeper, presumably for Pokemon like these, so it needs one of the following:
Swords Dance + Superpower (Superpower only 2HKOs Chansey without the stat drop :( )
Swords Dance + Roost (Might turn into PP Stall)
Knock Off (You'll figure out a way to work around these Eviolite users)

You'd swap out one of Bug Bite or Bullet Punch for this.
If you use Superpower Scizor, you might be able to dismiss the Fire Punch Ttar idea because it adds a little to what Scizor, its Mega, and Ferrothorn hafta deal with.

Thank you for the helpful reply mate, and sorry for dem big images lol (I'll look for other pictures)
After playing a few more games I admit that I do have trouble dealing with Chansey
Also Scizor does not work as it's susposed to, so I'll need to fix its EV spread and moveset or I might replace it with a hard hitter with Fighting coverage (good to deal with Porygon2 as you mentioned too)
I'm thinking of Choicebanded Moxie Heracross or Guts AV Conkeldur
Again suggestions and tips are very welcomed :)

Hi there, nice team :] i Think scizor would be better of using the spread included in the analyse, this will give it enogh special bulk to setup on everything weaker than aegislash shadow ball, while granting enough physical bulk to setup on everything weaker than adamant landorus-ts earthquake

name: Scizor
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Roost
move 3: Bullet Punch
move 4: Knock Off
ability: Light Metal
item: Scizorite
nature: Adamant
evs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 116 Def / 100 SpD

Knock off gives better coverage than BP, and is able to cripple a lot of switchins, such as heatran by removing his leftovers.

Af for TTar, you should probally change ice punch for ice beam, this will allow you to hit defensive mons such as lando-I and gliscor a lot harder, use a naive nature, And put 4 evs into spa...

Hope it helped ^^

And if chansey (and stall) is such a problem, calm mind lando might be the way to go ^^

Hey Tomato, thanks for the advise :) but since Megachomp is a thing in my team, I can't run another Mega. But that is a really nice set, I might try that out in the future.
Anyway, I've got swept by Bisharp because web and intimidate (Gyarados) just boost him further, and the lack of priority moves in my team sometimes can be fatal, so I decided on my own that Scizor has to go, and AV Conkeldur is now a new and much more solid member.
Thanks for all replies and still looking forward for more :)

Hey Tomato, thanks for the advise :) but since Megachomp is a thing in my team, I can't run another Mega. But that is a really nice set, I might try that out in the future.
Anyway, I've got swept by Bisharp because web and intimidate (Gyarados) just boost him further, and the lack of priority moves in my team sometimes can be fatal, so I decided on my own that Scizor has to go, and AV Conkeldur is now a new and much more solid member.
Thanks for all replies and still looking forward for more :)
Im sorry, i dont know what i was thinking n_n lets just assume that i never posted that, okay? :]

Hello, this is how Gravity works my friend :)

For 5 turns, the evasion of all active Pokemon is 0.6x. At the time of use, Bounce, Fly, Magnet Rise, Sky Drop, and Telekinesis end immediately for all active Pokemon. During the effect, Bounce, Fly, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Magnet Rise, Sky Drop, Splash, and Telekinesis are prevented from being used by all active Pokemon. Ground-type attacks, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and the Ability Arena Trap can affect Flying-types or Pokemon with the Ability Levitate. Fails if this move is already in effect.

I'd suggest Calm Mind > Gravity on your Landorus just because with cm you can p much break all variants of stall with that one mon except for stall w/ cress and getting up one cm vs an ho team that's lost it's thundurus means you just win outright or if you can get to +1 damageless (which is quite a feat trust me)
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 265-317 (82.8 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO you could potentially beat it 1v1.

Oh hi Ary and thanks for the comment. I need to try out Calm Mind Landorus first to decide whether to remove Gravity or not. With Calm Mind, as you say, I can beat a Thundurus 1 on 1. But as you can see, I don't have a spinner or defogger on this team, so ST Rocks are likely 80% all the time on my field. With the odd, I rather send in Conkeldurr or Scarfed T-Tar to deal with Thundurus. One more problem is I can't kill defensive Rotom-W after a +1 Calm mind. My best bet is to fire off a Focus Miss which only does 75.3 - 88.8% (Modest Nature). On the other hand, with Gravity and Sticky webs up, I can easily OHKO a Thundurus and a Rotom-W with Earth power and without worrying they're gonna outspeed me.
But that's my point only, I haven't test Calm mind so I cannot tell atm. But nonetheless, thank you again. I appreciate your help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)