Monotype Green Earth (Mono Flying Theme Team)

Show of hands. How many of you are familiar with Advance Wars? Specifically, how many of you are familiar with Advance Wars: Dual Strike?

I'm going to be guessing a fair amount of you, but for the uninitiated, Advance Wars is a wartime strategy game with a colorful cast of COs (and I do mean colorful). Because I really like theme teams, I made one based off of the Green Earth army.

Now, I did kinda cheat with this theme. There are only four COs for Green Earth. However, in Dual Strike, two Black Hole COs hit it off with the Green Earth COs during the campaign, so I employed them in my team as well. Now then, without further ado, here is Green Earth!

Eagle (Braviary) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Return

Eagle, the high-flying commander of Green Earth, takes to the skies and does not let up on the assault. His Choice Band carves through any who oppose him, including Rock and Steel types that usually resit aerial assaults. One thing to keep in mind is that he is a bit slower, so he acts as more of a late-game sweeper once the field is cleared.

Drake (Mantine) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Drake may be more comfortable on the high seas, but as a Mantine, he can take a lot of punishment. Scald burns cripple incoming physical sweepers, and Defog support is always appreciated. Also, in Gen 7, Mantine can dive (Roost) to recover damage, which comes in handy for stalling out opposition.

Jess (Aerodactyl) (F) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Double-Edge

Jess is the main muscle of the team. Thanks to Continental Crush, her heavy-hitting attacks make short work of walls, and EdgeQuake coverage is essential. Anyone who has thoughts of escape will be pursued with a vengeance. Double-Edge is simply to take advantage of Rock Head; otherwise Aerodactyl's coverage options aren't spectacular.

Javier (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

What better way to represent a defensive CO than with one of the most defensive Mons around? Jaiver is usually on the front lines, setting up Stealth Rocks to create trouble for opposing teams. Anyone who tries to set up will be blown away by Whirlwind, creating a carousel of doom. Iron Head give him an option for fast Taunt users and particularly for Mega Diancie, who more often than not would want to bounce Rocks back.

Hawke (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

The traitorous Black Hole CO driven by conscience has taken up the mantle of this fiery beast. In the sun, his Flamethrower roasts almost everything alive, and Water types will be on the receiving end of a mighty Solar Beam. Focus Blast particularly hurts Heatran, who might come in predicting flames.

Lash (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Toxic

Living up to the creative genius that is Lash, this scavenger is another defensive force. While it is common for her to carry Defog, I felt two defoggers would be redundant. Instead, her Foul Play and Knock Off provide two unique kinds of utility while Toxic whittles down her foes. She can even tank electrical attacks that Mantine cannot, as well as easily roost off the damage.

Now, I know this team is, deeply flawed. But if you have any ideas that would fit the theme I based this team around, I'm willing to hear them. Otherwise, I'm happy to put this in my Joke Team pile and make a serious Flying team. Importable version is down below:

Eagle (Braviary) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Return

Drake (Mantine) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Jess (Aerodactyl) (F) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Double-Edge

Javier (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Hawke (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Lash (Mandibuzz) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Toxic

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)