Done Groupchat improvements

Suggestions:

• The ability to use Scripted HTML Buttons in staffintros. Group chats often find themselves being used for tournaments, and the ability to "pull up" the staffintro with buttons that correspond to making tournaments would be a good feature.
  • If possible, the ability to see a groupchat's uptime would be nice in order to provide more sources of justification for a possible request of a private room.
  • Roomsettings button on the default staffintro
The ability for a groupchat made by a trusted user (roomdriver in a public room or global voice last time I checked) to have features that resemble subroom groupchats but less, such as the ability to promote someone to group chat driver, roomintros (to an extent) and a few things I have forgotten.

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
The ability to use Scripted HTML Buttons in staffintros. Group chats often find themselves being used for tournaments, and the ability to "pull up" the staffintro with buttons that correspond to making tournaments would be a good feature.
This is already doable

/staffintro <button name="send" value="/tour new gen51v1, elimination&#13;&#10;/tour autostart 2&#13;&#10;/tour autodq 2">BW</button><button name="send" value="/tour new gen61v1, elimination&#13;&#10;/tour autostart 2&#13;&#10;/tour autodq 2">ORAS</button><button name="send" value="/tour new gen4ou, elimination&#13;&#10;/tour autostart 2&#13;&#10;/tour rules Team Preview, -Dark Void, -Flash, -Focus Sash, -Grass Whistle, -Hypnosis, -Kinesis, -Lovely Kiss, -Mew, -Mirror Shot, -Mud Bomb, -Mud-Slap, -Muddy Water, -Octazooka, -Perish Song, -Porygon Z, -Sand Attack, -Sing, -Sleep Powder, -Smoke Screen, -Spore, -Yawn, +Wobbuffet, +Wynaut">DPP</button>
The DPP commands are missing a few things because this particular room only allows three lines of entry at a time, rather than the default six like most other rooms.

This is already doable
View attachment 177038
/staffintro <button name="send" value="/tour new gen51v1, elimination&#13;&#10;/tour autostart 2&#13;&#10;/tour autodq 2">BW</button><button name="send" value="/tour new gen61v1, elimination&#13;&#10;/tour autostart 2&#13;&#10;/tour autodq 2">ORAS</button><button name="send" value="/tour new gen4ou, elimination&#13;&#10;/tour autostart 2&#13;&#10;/tour rules Team Preview, -Dark Void, -Flash, -Focus Sash, -Grass Whistle, -Hypnosis, -Kinesis, -Lovely Kiss, -Mew, -Mirror Shot, -Mud Bomb, -Mud-Slap, -Muddy Water, -Octazooka, -Perish Song, -Porygon Z, -Sand Attack, -Sing, -Sleep Powder, -Smoke Screen, -Spore, -Yawn, +Wobbuffet, +Wynaut">DPP</button>
The DPP commands are missing a few things because this particular room only allows three lines of entry at a time, rather than the default six like most other rooms.
It actually isn't. Scripted buttons can't be used if the room is is personal / private and the user isn't a Global Driver or above.

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
Late reply but uhhhh forget about that

I like the ideas outside of the spoiler, generally.

When you say "buttons", which tiers would that be, how are they chosen? I personally think that it's a little unfair to the legitimate tiers which aren't going to be represented in the few buttons, and I don't like adding a button for every tier on PS either. Maybe there's a more elegant solution but I don't like just having buttons for a number of hand picked tiers. I can be convinced on this though if someone has a good idea or justification.

Uptime is possible, though it's not very hard to find out how long a groupchat has been around for global staff (which would be handling room requests anyway). Depends on how easy it is to add, really.

Roomsettings button is easy to add and seems like a no-brainer.

I'm generally not opposed to adding things to the staffintro, it was by no means intended to be set in stone. So feel free to suggest things.

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
When you say "buttons", which tiers would that be, how are they chosen? I personally think that it's a little unfair to the legitimate tiers which aren't going to be represented in the few buttons, and I don't like adding a button for every tier on PS either. Maybe there's a more elegant solution but I don't like just having buttons for a number of hand picked tiers. I can be convinced on this though if someone has a good idea or justification.
Pokesart was talking about being able to create a staffintro with buttons; the buttons would not be made by PS, rather by the creator of the groupchat. As jet said reg-made gc's can't do this (you get "You do not have permission to use scripted buttons in HTML." if you try.) (I'm saying this because i'm pretty sure i know what specifically they're talking about but if not feel free to correct me.)

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
Uptime was added by the way (thanks jetou)

I also thought again about adding the roomsettings button but uhhh

It doesn't really DO anything in groupchats. I suppose I could add it for subroom groupchats only but it has no point when you can't edit any of the settings.

I would think the most efficient way of doing this would be in a button that displays an htmlbox that would include formats. The question to what formats would be included, I'm not fully sure. I will get back to you whenever I find a cemented idea, but I think a good start would be the formats listed as official Generation 7 Metagames.

Another suggestion I mentioned in dev room a few weeks back:

• The ability to invite multiple people to a groupchat in one instance, (something like /invite [Person 1], [Person 2, etc.) with a set limit on how many can be done at once (I'm thinking 10).
Sorry for the late reply, doing like 8 things on smogon right now.

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
Issue with that is that invites are annoying so spamming them to 10 people at once seems very abusable.

pre

pkmn.cc
Marking this as 'Done' because it seems like the features which were approved were all implemented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)