Not open for further replies.
gsc cup logo.png

Logo by MiniArchitect

gsc raikou.png
GSC Cup Round 2
gsc zapdos.png

Use Snorlax. It's good.

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here.
  • Standard GSC OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes (keep in mind that this is a interim solution while we wait on PS! developers). The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Sleep + Trapping Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Timed Battle

DEADLINE FOR R2: SUNDAY 29nd, 23:59 EST.

DEADLINE FOR R1 Extensions: Wednesday 25th, 23:59 EST.
Zokuru vs aim
Tricking vs d0nut
BlazingDark vs Husmor
Mindnight vs TSR
Lavos
vs baddummy
neomon vs Genesis7
The Idiot Ninja vs k3nan
mael
vs CyberOdin
Winterains vs Windsong
Alfredo_Rivero
vs 1 True Lycan
cb aaron judge vs mantominecraft
BKC vs Slick Willy
EJROBERTS vs Regrets
Malekith vs Snowy
Diego Maradona vs Eon Lucifer
lax
vs dk
Empo vs SABAO_CRI_CRI
Astamatitos vs (Exiline vs Aplezorah)
Mysteron vs TheWall
Jytcampbell vs Pleasure
Blightbringer vs WPBeartic
soulgazer vs Z+V
ima
vs teal6
mudkipmayhem69 vs Nick99613615
The Kyle vs Diegolh
Hootie vs Fruitdealer
nightcore vs SoulWind
MangaIsLiterature
vs Cofaiclus
Shogarth vs Kaori
idiotfrommars vs Duskfall98
undisputed
vs Sakito
jtwashere vs Rodriblutar
Miere vs SOMALIA
Posho Alola vs HSA
Finchinator
vs Teclis
(Kina vs Haruno) vs OminousDraco
Nails vs Jimmy Turtwig
Hamhamhamham vs Pearl
M Dragon
vs Posho
Saurav the great vs Da-Eevee-king
WhiteLion vs NaCl
Twixtry vs Newalfonquest
Arch€r
vs Drud
FY2.0/Eko vs Sinkyr29
Kebab mlml vs Joyverse
Professor Meteor
vs ridk021
BIHI vs obii
Melle2402
vs Alice Kazumi
blunder vs Welli0u
Akiko Yosano vs BTickle
Unamed vs miltankmilk
Laroxyl
vs Djokra
Tamahome vs davidTheMaster
passion vs Drogba In Shenhua
Alexander. vs FLCL
McMeghan
vs Anish
Quite Quiet vs Lemaitre
Picollo vs Scars223
Ojama vs HNBL
Jase Duken vs Dutyword
Ranshiin
vs perry
Hybuyn vs zugubu royale
Chromatic vs Bull Of Heaven
TheThorn
vs MMagma
Shakaji vs TDK
The Quasar vs Bughouse
dice
vs Arifeen
Bomber. vs (Tzara vs Wamr)
Updated Kanto vs (Energy vs CKW)
Texas Cloverleaf vs Slyol
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Stepchild
Gene Sp vs stuuful12
Reyscarface
vs iEvils
RespectBeedrill vs elodin
Shinigami vs Bedschibaer
crayon pop vs Century Express
dcae vs Blackoblivion
Ricardo vs destinyunknown
Lightblitz7 vs sedertz
praj.pran
vs EternalSnowman
Ernesloru vs ToF
Heroic Troller vs ZoroDark
PDC
vs Jrsmash9
Algeria4Ever vs Trace
dom vs Chill Shadow
christos21 vs Sand Castle
Zephir
vs Philip7086
Bushtush vs Hec
Kingler12345 vs Btbt13
MetalGro$$ vs Googly
giara vs Ark
Arii Stella vs Souf
brown people wearing polo shirts vs (TheJFrenzy1 vs roystopror)
We Three Kings vs Luigi
Heysup vs Pohjis
Earthworm vs FlamingVictini

Last edited:
would it be possible to get an extension from r1 against destinyunknown? we were scheduled via pm rather than vm which is why you wouldn't have seen it, and I don't think not using vm to schedule should be punished so long as scheduling was attempted.

this is what we agreed but he never did respond which day (or respond with anything for that matter), and I was active here, smogtours, and discord at that general time. obviously this isn't anywhere near enough for an actual activity case, nor do I want activity, but getting a short extension so we have a chance to play would be nice.

Upon requests to review the decisions on two uncompleted series from last round:

Reyscarface vs Pokebasket - Activity win for reyscarface because his opponent missed the scheduled time by an hour. Pokebasket acknowledged his mistake and made efforts to still get the game done, which is why he initially got an extension. However reyscarface can't be punished for making a weekend schedule as a precaution for being busy during the week, so he is advancing to r2.

Ciele vs Destinyunknown - This was initially ruled as a coinflip because there was no visible scheduling from either side whatsoever. Ciele then explained they had contact via pm, but I still think this was insufficient to grant an extension so this result will stay as is. Extensions are only granted when both sides have actively tried to get the game done but haven't managed due to time constraints and/or conflicting schedules. Taking a week after the round goes up to initiate contact only to not schedule a time properly is not grounds for an extension, neither is lurking on showdown, discord or smogon.

Reactions: GW
a somewhat first Activity Request because my opponent wasnt online here since 11th April. I will inform you later if he will appear somewhere next time.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Why did my opponent get the activity win when I’ve been the one making attempts to play, he missed the initial agreed upon time, and he’s been unresponsive in general?

Reactions: GW
Why did my opponent get the activity win when I’ve been the one making attempts to play, he missed the initial agreed upon time, and he’s been unresponsive in general?
No one got the activity win in your match because no one showed any signs of activity whatsoever. It was determined a coinflip which you happened to lose, hence your opponent moving on to the next round. There was no VM contact to find on either of your profiles and neither of you made an activity post in the thread. Maybe you happened to schedule in a way that isn't public but then how can you expect me to know about it? If you can show me proof that you indeed scheduled properly and that your opponent missed the scheduled time then I'm all ears.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
The VMs were on my wall. I emptied it yesterday and deleted those VMs along with others. If you believe what I said, then I’d like the win. My opponent can have it otherwise. I don’t have a mean to retrieve those VMs unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)