GSC Cup V - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Logo by MiniArchitect

GSC Cup Round 2

Finally, a true test of skill!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard GSC OU
  • Best of three, single elimination
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only
This is just a small snippet of the full rules, which one can find here!

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Freeze Clause
  • Sleep Trap Clause: Pokemon can't have (Sing/Sleep Powder/Hypnosis/Lovely Kiss/Spore) + (Mean Look/Spider Web) in the same moveset
Pairings:

Veteran In Love vs Tobes
Fear vs byronthewellwell
teal6 vs Void
Earthworm vs Blightbringer
M Dragon vs Rokhan
Heysup vs giara
The Grand Babido vs Astamatitos
HSA vs d0nut
undisputed vs Ranshiin
SOMALIA vs Ranger Mike
Zephir vs 1 True Lycan
PDC vs baddummy
Stratos vs Rodriblutar
Genesis7 vs robjr
Vileman vs yoppie
Ojama vs superwaluigimaster
BIHI vs Jytcampbell
Marshall.Law vs HKT
Nelson vs The Thunderbirds
Akola vs Shizuki
The Kyle vs Oibaf
mael vs Lavos
TonyFlygon vs TeZy
Kaisser vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
ZoroDark vs supermatto64
Triangles vs Shoka
Alexander. vs Bull Of Heaven
NaCl vs FLCL
The Quasar vs Meru
Dj Breloominati♬ vs alive
asbdsp vs Vinc2612
TDK vs Lojh()
Kingler12345 vs Praetorian
Sage vs Watchog
sulcata vs Raichy
jacob vs Metacomet
firelit nights vs AyanCR7
Mob Barley vs Hamhamhamham
Cynara vs dahli
Analytic vs Energy
BK vs MetalGro$$
Arifeen vs DeoxyX
Hyogafodex vs Louna
Updated Kanto vs z0mOG
Sas0 vs double switches
Shiba vs SixRoyalKings
tazz vs Ricardo
starry blanket vs Roseybear
TPP vs Malekith
Zokuru vs Drogba In Shenhua
Lfrs vs bandierarossadrake
MJ vs excelphantom
Pohjis vs elodin
Charmflash vs Zesty43
frisoeva vs fatty
Mysterious M vs hellpowna
Staxi vs UD
didi vs Ursarox
Fantos13 vs Bedschibaer
Descending vs Icequake
zugubu royale vs benkham the mad
Flares. vs Chill Shadow
egalvanc vs Spl4sh
Djokra vs Tikkito
Gochan vs Ampha
Plas vs Woochin98
Winterains vs McMeghan
DurzaOffTopic vs WildWave
Diophantine vs Pais
Alkione vs p2
UltraBallz vs obii
Darkhondoom vs 22$G BIG$Z
Wamr vs choolio
LeoShakur vs Heroic Troller
TogliBabineBoeuf vs umbreon098
Tenebricite vs rozes
Thiago Nunes vs echo_u
jcbc vs Mr.378
London13 vs Robert
Mgtcp10 vs Abyssal Ruins
Sakito vs TheTapDancer
Quartosa vs SamuelBestt
Ratrax vs Minougarou
RCred403 vs Eo Ut Mortus
Excal vs HML am
frontloader13 vs TSR
Aquacheezit vs BKC
Anrein vs ArchDemon13
Dnite vs Steelblade18
TheBigSteve vs ABR
UnholyPhoenix vs Tamahome
deadlymanatee vs CZ.
Talal-23 vs Le Sabreur
FlashFire50 vs FlamingVictini
wachawachawacha vs Fakes
robertoalatorre98 vs Bhris Brown

The deadline for extended matches is May 1st at 23:59 GMT -4, while Round 2 deadline is May 5th at 23:59 GMT -4. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

UD

BeerLover
Perry my opponent technically gave me the win, but I told him that let's wait until final weekend in case he changes his mind. If not, I would take the activity win. He never did, so I think I should have moved on to R2 instead.

Staxi should we schedule with each other instead?

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Perry my opponent technically gave me the win, but I told him that let's wait until final weekend in case he changes his mind. If not, I would take the activity win. He never did, so I think I should have moved on to R2 instead.

Staxi should we schedule with each other instead?
weird, I completely missed this vm... but you're right! You can go ahead and schedule with Staxi.

Reactions: UD

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Hey why was my opp in r1 given the win?
I posted for activity since I never received any response from them on discord ( which we both originally on ps agreed to contact at)
Tagging Perry (sorry for hl)

Perry

slayer
Hey why was my opp in r1 given the win?
I posted for activity since I never received any response from them on discord ( which we both originally on ps agreed to contact at)
Tagging Perry (sorry for hl)
You have your answer in your own post - I can't check discord VMs and you didn't post any screenshots in your act post - I do not own a crystal ball, fella.
If you can send my way screenshots of your opponent ignoring you through discord, I'll look at your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)