GSC Cup V - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion

Logo by MiniArchitect

GSC Cup Round 3

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here
  • Standard GSC OU
  • Best of three, single elimination
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only
This is just a small snippet of the full rules, which one can find here!

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Freeze Clause
  • Sleep Trap Clause: Pokemon can't have (Sing/Sleep Powder/Hypnosis/Lovely Kiss/Spore) + (Mean Look/Spider Web) in the same moveset
Pairings:

Malekith vs Mr.378
hellpowna vs Hyogafodex
FLCL vs FlamingVictini
Stratos vs Charmflash
CZ. vs Ojama
Marshall.Law vs ABR
Nelson vs Vileman
TonyFlygon vs Dj Breloominati♬
Fakes vs McMeghan
ZoroDark vs dahli
Alexander. vs Updated Kanto
The Quasar vs The Kyle
asbdsp vs frisoeva
giara vs Eo Ut Mortus
Kingler12345 vs Plas
choolio vs baddummy
jacob vs Watchog
Ranger Mike vs zugubu royale
Earthworm vs BKC
rozes vs Akola
byronthewellwell vs Zokuru
Heroic Troller vs Arifeen
Lfrs vs Hamhamhamham
Roseybear vs MetalGro$$
Shiba vs Void
Ricardo vs Tamahome
Bhris Brown vs London13
Rokhan vs sulcata
TheTapDancer vs Thiago Nunes
didi vs Abyssal Ruins
Descending vs Zephir
Flares. vs umbreon098
robjr vs Lavos
egalvanc vs p2
Le Sabreur vs Pohjis
double switches vs Veteran In Love
Ranshiin vs Djokra
SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Energy
Gochan vs d0nut
Diophantine vs Astamatitos
Jytcampbell vs UltraBallz
Darkhondoom vs Excal
Minougarou vs excelphantom
Lojh() vs Shoka
WildWave vs Bedschibaer
Quartosa vs AyanCR7
Steelblade18 vs Staxi
ArchDemon13 vs TSR

The deadline for extended matches is May 8th at 23:59 GMT -4, while Round 3 deadline is May 12th at 23:59 GMT -4. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
My opponent told me to play by now, but there are some works in my house so I cannot access to my computer and I am writing this on my phone, plus he hadn't replied to my last messages, I can play tomorrow or another day as I offered him from the beginning.

p2

Banned deucer.
My opponent told me to play by now, but there are some works in my house so I cannot access to my computer and I am writing this on my phone, plus he hadn't replied to my last messages, I can play tomorrow or another day as I offered him from the beginning.
No I didnt, I said we play at 10pm my time. I tried to push it back an hour and you said no because you have class (at 8pm?) I said lets aim for 10 instead then, you vm'd me on smogon and aren't even online for 10pm my time. I told you my timezone and I scheduled everything in my time, how about you try to schedule properly with me before posting this? Pick another day and actually be online this time, I don't have time to fuck about with people that can't schedule

I wanna get the series done, I don't really know what are you talking about, I was online at that time on the main server.
I offered you to play another day and you are writing this for no reason. I was not getting or asking for an AW either way, just wanted to comment the thing I had in my house, I don't know why are you even replying to that and I think I was actually very polite with you
I just want to get the series done bro, chill out!

p2

Banned deucer.
I wanna get the series done, I don't really know what are you talking about, I was online at that time on the main server.
I offered you to play another day and you are writing this for no reason. I was not getting or asking for an AW either way, just wanted to comment the thing I had in my house, I don't know why are you even replying to that and I think I was actually very polite with you
I just want to get the series done bro, chill out!
how about you stop lying to me and set a time in my vms then? i don't understand why you wouldn't bring up your house stuff in the vm instead of making a public fuss about it, it's a blatant call for activity if you ask me. pick a day, get the timezones right and lets play, its as simple as that. i can play from 11pm-1am tomorrow and saturday and after 10pm sunday, take your pick.

how about you stop lying to me and set a time in my vms then? i don't understand why you wouldn't bring up your house stuff in the vm instead of making a public fuss about it, it's a blatant call for activity if you ask me. pick a day, get the timezones right and lets play, its as simple as that. i can play from 11pm-1am tomorrow and saturday and after 10pm sunday, take your pick.
Let's do saturday/sunday, have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)