Gen 7 Gusty Gardens (2v2 Doubles, 500 Posts)

♪ Gusty Gardens ♪

Introduction
Hey, Mubs here. This is my first time posting in RMT. I’ve been on smogon for about two years at this point and this is my 500th post so I wanted to just do a lil something. Obviously I had to pull up with a team from gen72v2, or “Budget BSD” as Eriey likes to call it, along with Gusty Garden’s OST because it's just amazing music, but I can’t express how much all of you mean to me. I’ve had a great time playing Pokemon and I want to thank you all for the great time you've given me on the site.

Building Process

:oranguru::camerupt-mega:
Watching DOU replays really inspired me to build hard Trick Room, so I started off with the Classic Oranguru + Mega Camerupt core that's seen success in both metagames. Oranguru is by far one of the best Trick Room setters GameFreak's given to us, being immune to Fake Out and the having TR Godsend that is Instruct. Any 2v2 or DOU player can attest to the fact that Mega Camerupt is an amazing Trick Room Abuser, with Eruption decimating teams given you get Trick Room up.

:oranguru::camerupt-mega::diancie:
Diancie is a perfect secondary Trick Room setter. With its great typing resisting Hyperspace Fury from Band Hoopa-Unbound, along with Weakness Policy complementing its nice STABs in Diamond Storm, I just had to pick it.

:oranguru::camerupt-mega::diancie::tapu-bulu:
At this point I saw how Water- and Ground-weak my team was, so I added on Tapu Bulu, or "Tape Bull" as my laptop's autocorrect likes to call it. Tapu Bulu not only helps with those weaknesses, but adds a Secondary (or tertiary if you want to include Diancie) Trick Room abuser that helps the rain matchup.

The Team

:sm/oranguru:
Oranguru @ Colbur Berry / Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Instruct
- Protect

Oranguru is essential to the success of this team due to its ability to get Trick Room up. With only one notable type weakness, Oranguru is able to get Trick Room on Fake Out users and is able to survive doubles into it with its great bulk. The spread and moves on this set are pretty standard, with the choice of Colbur berry or Mental Herb depending on whether you want to set up on Dark-types or Taunt users. 31 Speed IVs are needed in order to move after Tapu Bulu in Trick Room.

:sm/camerupt-mega:
Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave / Hidden Power Electric
- Protect

Mega Camerupt is a great Trick Room attacker thanks to its high Special Attack stat and great STABs, allowing it to KO most teams with Instruct and Trick Room support. It also has great natural bulk, being able to function outside of TR on the rare occasion that Trick Room won’t be beneficial in a given matchup. HP Electric is a good option if you want to improve the Rain matchup, but Heat Wave is preferred as its a secondary fire STAB.

:sm/diancie:
Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Diancie functions as the Team’s secondary Trick Room setter and a great abuser. Weakness Policy complements Its great bulk, allowing it to function quite well offensively with its great STABs. Diamond Storm functions great in Trick Room, allowing it to nab defense boosts quickly and increase its longevity. Moonblast does what moonblast does, along with giving it a move for the other defense, along with hitting notable Dark-types such as Hoopa-U and Scrafty.

:sm/tapu-bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Figy Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Tapu Bulu is the glue of this team. Functioning as a Trick Room abuser that can work outside of Trick Room (most notably with Mega Camerupt), it’s able to help negate Diancie and Camerupt’s ground weakness while providing potent offense with its Grassy Terrain boosted Wood Hammer. Superpower is also used to combat Steel- and Dark-types such as Heatran and Hydreigon, with Rock Slide helping primarily against Sun teams. Figy Berry is nice for its longevity, also.

Threatlist:

:pelipper::kingdra::swampert-mega:
Probably the hardest matchup since the team’s water resist is quite weak to Ice- and Flying-type moves. You usually want to bring Tapu Bulu + Oranguru and focus on getting Pelipper off the board.

:charizard-mega-y::venusaur:
The matchup is alright given that you aren’t facing sleep powder Venusaur, which is the most annoying thing to build for in this tier, I swear. Oranguru + Camerupt should do the job.

:genesect:
Ngl I forgot this mon existed when I made this team but it kinda destroys this team given its paired with a bulky water, like Pelipper or Tapu Fini.

The person I'm legally required to write a line on:
Felucia: 3. If there's anyone on this forum I love, it's you. Thank you for giving this "<3: 09/29/2019: Annoying" user a chance.

I'd love to write something for everyone but I don't have 13 hours. I hope I didn't forget anyone-

People who probably won't hate me after I tag them:
Lkjc, Cantius, Squirtell 1v1, Poison Adhesive, Nalei, WailJesus, WilliamTheo13, GeneralGunderson, DEG, ryyjyywyy, Jamez155, Robyn, pqs, Close, Alakazam, Smajet, PartChandelure, Boat (phiwings99), Spiderz, neomon, ExplodingDonkey, Maki's Fox, Gym Socks!, Eriey, Tol, TheShadowClaw, DMPancake, ggopw, xJoelituh, Iron Crusher, Tom842, Dragonmirror, ThePanthar, KawaiiiiPotato, DenisTheMenace, 5luke, Quote, ThatCabbageGuy, Whaleeeee, Notater, kjdaas, SUSTENANCE_1, eblurb, blondesasukeuchiha, Synonimous, Le Creme Brule, 187 Fan, Rosa, edudittA, zioziotrip, dogknees, Djokra, Elo Bandit, Lancer Fr, stableprince569, Inkreativ, SolarflareRo, Waylaid, Raining Inside, THIS MACHINE, LaBalladeDesCieux, D2TheW, Blazikin, Joker 1v1, CashKP, XinosXinos, LuckyPiper, anime sans, ayedan, Arai, 7shoes, tlouk, smely socks, Downcoming3, OM, Sir Mister, Schiavetto, Alexander489, Chloe, motogp, Rumplestiltskin, Pigeons, Knuckstrike, lost heros, Baleblaze, dom, justrav, Arsenal, ZestOfLife, micromorphic, Snaquaza, DanDaMan99, Yoda2798, Memoric, Kaif, Mishimono, AldrichYan, DurzaOffTopic, Darnell, Gross Sweep, Uselesscrab, charizard8888, toadandhishaxx, LittleRunnerXC, Yami, Freddy Kyogre, Quantum Tesseract, and last but not least, pazza.

The Immortal, GL Volker, In the hills, Scraftionite, Jho, avarice, Sanshokuinsumireko, Bomb21XD, Dj Breloominati♬, TogliBabineBoeuf, lyd, Finchinator, Rabia, Wanony, alive, maxy1991991, Jirachirelia, Potatochan, The Dutch Pluberjack, zizalith, sicexv, monsareeasy, Kris, Funbot28, Rage, Kaiju Bunny, Estronic, n1n1, TonyFlygon, ABR, xavgb, chazm, drampasgrandpa, sectoniaservant, berry, ransei, Crystalites, bananaspritzee, martha, tpp, luigi, anty, a few others I forget to mention

Thanks for reading and have a nice day as always.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)