SS OU Gyarados Hyper Offense(ft Throat Spray Volcorona) Peaked 1708

How is the team:)

• Total voters
Here's the team: https://pokepast.es/7c4481b950c30cf9

I wanted to build around HO, so I begun with the lead.

Aero has the niche of being the fastest rocker with taunt. The other two moves slots were left up, so I filled it with hurricane and fire blast, the perk being you moves don't make contact which could break your precious sash. (Though aero does not have a good physical flying move). Hurricane can pull through tough situations by haxing and fireblast does not give the steels a free switch in. You taunt corvi's and even have the potential to ohko splashshifu.

The set:
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Sets screens, taunt, u turns, provides terrain, Typical HO Koko.
Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

The typical HO face. SD once against offense, SD twice against fat and taunt the pex and pray not to get burnt. Max speed is not at all needed, hence max hp. Gives it a chance to deal with priorities.

Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Taunt

Semi switch to pult which screens team struggle. Strong breaker, come in on corv looking to defog, then press knock. SD to boost against stall to beat them with knock, sucker for speedy mons. As you will further see this team hella struggles vs unware cleff so nice backup.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

The bug dances on the on almost everything and pisses in front of tran. This team does super well against tran so, Volc basically can run scot free. Fire blast is a nuke after a boost, unlike flamethrower which is little weak. Psychic to hit the pex which will haze if not and bug buzz for second stab. I finished it with a throat spay,ik i am weird.Flame body is not fire enough. I chose swarm as a throwback to gen 7 with buginium z swarm. But here it just spray swarm. Might you say:" Well, you dummy don't you know about the timbs.. Use it and your volc willl not dies to rocks" I agree that boots is better, but half of my team carries taunt and even if rocks go up. You will have a easier time going to swarm.

Volcarona @ Throat Spray
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

ik timid is better but modest is me

Gyarados@Leftovers
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Sub to prevent status and dance all over ferrothorn, corv, and then some. Waterfall for stab and bounce to spread paralysis, get more leftovers and make you opponent even more impatient and sometime hope for a choke. Perk of doing well against shifu which screens team suffer against. Nice special bulk to eats shadows from pult and moxie to flaunt an already over game.

Threat Lists:
:Dragapult: if specs you go volc, if scarf he aint doing shit to lucha
:Quagsire:+:Clefable: This is a hard core to break on stall but you have your outs such as if clef is not physdef, lucha can try to crit, if not spedef volc can blast you.
Volc's buzz is doing much to quag. But if they two are paired together its a tough time.
:Zeraora:
:Weavile:
These two can deal with the team, just need their check to be removed.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1426487830 (Almost how the team works)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1426522803 (The unaware cleff mu and quags counter part)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1426588840 (A loss, oof and did not mean to click fall against gastro, cpu;d have won if I subbed)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1425242677-z70hxdy0wtzq6f9r2qxtokzhxy59bdjpw (rank this in ou, cmon)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1426545151-otafm5ar87zha69rfkxz2ag60nq7p4vpw (the 1700 game is so dramatic ikr)

PS: The natures and items are flawed but they worked. I shoulda peaked 1723 but the ladder did not update my result on the leaderboard, So it just put the one you could see.

Last edited:
I recommend you the follwing:

Excadrill > Aerodactyl: Since volcarona has not HDB you should have a defog or a spinner, excadrill fills this plus can toxic, hit hard and can put rocks on the other side of the field.
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Stone Edge > Taunt: Your team loses to standard zapdos and in hawlucha's case it can boost freely until you get rid of the bird.

Bulkier Volcarona: I would spend some EVs in HP for volcarona, that way it can setup with much ease.

I recommend you the follwing:

Excadrill > Aerodactyl: Since volcarona has not HDB you should have a defog or a spinner, excadrill fills this plus can toxic, hit hard and can put rocks on the other side of the field.
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Stone Edge > Taunt: Your team loses to standard zapdos and in hawlucha's case it can boost freely until you get rid of the bird.

Bulkier Volcarona: I would spend some EVs in HP for volcarona, that way it can setup with much ease.
Taunt is for hazers looking to remove the boosts if i just use cuz my team is almost mono set up which really struggles against pex. Taunt Lucha is kinda my last resort if anything gets wonky. Even then,the electric bird is not used too much.

For aeros case,
First off, Its aero no one expects it,
It faster than mew, which drill is slower against. Drill cant touch corv at all. But aero can albeit weakly. Plus I dont needs to removes rocks when i can prevent rocks in the first place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)