Other [hackmons] Cult Classic (Peaked 24-0, 1580)

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
If you don't know what Hackmons is, it is a God-Tier. Any pokemon can have any ability and any move, and maximum EVs. There can also be multiple megas (without the mega stones), there is no ability clause, sleep clause, item clause, or species clause.

A First Look~

This team started out as a pretty standard core, dual dragons with kyurem black's main weaknesses cancelled out by giratina. This posed a problem in early laddering though, as fairies, fighting types, and steel weaknesses piled up.

I added a deoxys-speed to round out the weaknesses, but giratina and the psychic type sharing a ghost and dark weakness. This posed another problem, adding to the dragon / dark common weakness. I quickly looked for a wonder guarder, and found scizor-mega, holding only one fire weakness.

Just to round out the Scizor core, I added a swampert, another one-weakness WG mon. This really balanced out the team, varying the weaknesses.

Around 15-0, I realized that a gengar-mega sweeper was becoming more common. Most variants ran a ghost-type judgment, which was supereffective against two of my pokemon. I switched giratina with Aggron-Mega, as it was neutral to the attack. This was one of my worse decisions, as it led me to lose my 25th match.

Later, I noticed that my team was lacking a decent mold breaker, so I added a variant of a mega evolution setup sweeper. I removed Swampert but added the raw gyarados as a wonder guarder.

Ah, the final team. I added aerodactyl as a perish trapper, as most of my matches on a test alt came down to 2-1 situations, where none of my pokemon could take care of the remainder of my opponent's team.

The Team

Jigsaw (Kyurem-Black) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Entrainment / Pursuit
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stealth Rock

The least-needed pokemon on this team, usually used for sweeper fodder, is the almighty Kyurem-B. This set is the standard refrigerate + ESpeed set, adding Entrainment to take care of the all-common wonderguarder. Pursuit, a less common option on Kyurem-Black, makes it a counter to Psychic and Ghost types, and it hits hard for an OHKO after fake out on a Deoxys-Speed switching out, and it does around 27% on a Mewtwo-Mega-X. Stealth Rock is mostly a filler, as it could be replaced with any status move. However, it is bounced back by Magic Bounce, and kyurem-black is 2x weak to it. This may pose a problem in the late game, as three of my members are weak to Stealth Rock. Kyu-B is my main counter to Giratina, which is weak to all 3 of Kyurem's Attacks, and a common Magic Bouncer.

The Shining (Scizor-Mega) @ Safety goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Powder
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Sacred Fire

The first Wonder-Guarder on this team, Scizor-Mega is an excellent low-weakness pokemon with only one major counter : Fire types.
  • Powder - Foe takes damage when using Fire moves. +1 Priority.
Now most wouldn't recognize a move as this being usefull, after all, it is Vivillion's signature move. Most don't even know a move like this exists. Powder is the main highlight of this set, making Scizor-Mega completely immune to predicted fire-type attacks, making the foe take damage. This of course, has a downside, as one of the most common Mewtwo-Mega-X sets carries safety goggles and Sacred Fire. As for the rest of this set, U-Turn is a great STAB attack for Scizor-Mega, doing large amounts of damage to any Psychic or Dark-type pokemon standing in its way. Magic coat is a complete must on any permanent wonder guarder, and Sacred Fire is to check and burn Mewtwo-Mega-X, and OHKO's an opposing scizor almost all of the time.

SE7EN (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum / Shell Smash
- Heal Order
- Waterfall / Sacred Fire / Shadow sneak
- ExtremeSpeed

The second WonderGuarder on the team, paired with a Mold Breaker. This set takes advantage of Gyarados' mega evolution, gaining the ability Mold Breaker. If any of you don't know, Mold Breaker is a complete must in any hackmons battle, as it cancels out Wonderguard's immunity to (almost) everything, and when boosted to a +6 in attack with belly drum, Gyarados can (almost) sweep the whole meta. This may be a reason that Shell Smash is superior to Belly Drum, as it also boosts the user's speed. One major counter to this pokemon is the loved Mega-Scizor, who can survive the waterfall and do massive damage with a STAB u-turn. :/ Would you look at that. My team counters itself~

The Conjuring (Aggron-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet / Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Wish
- Spiky Shield / Aromatherapy

The magic bouncer and main support member on my team, I present to you - the pokemon with the highest physical defense in the game (hold shuckle) and one of the best defensive types. Standing six and a half feet tall (lol). Aggron-Mega is one of the greatest support members in the game, its sky-high defenses and physical attack stat on-par with legends. While its HP stat isn't that great for wish passing, it pairs with my choice of Spiky Shield to heal Aggron up half way, and while paired with defog and its resist to stealth rock, its immunity to toxic, it holds the title for one of the most bulky aromatherapy / defog pokemon. Its Special Defense, on the other hand, is sub-par beyond belief, as a fast Searing Shot pokemon could easily OHKO it.

The Purge (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Sheer Cold
- Entrainment
- Spider Web

Now, before you go off on a tangent that "deoxys-speed is too gimmicky, its only used by people new to the meta, its a horrible waste of a slot, etc.", I want you to listen to something. I don't use deoxys-speed as a starter, but as a late-game sweeper. I only send this pokemon out when there is a Magic Bouncer on the loose, a Perish Trapper, a unboosted Mold Breaker, etc. I know this pokemon is bad, it has more checks and counters that I can count. The point is, Deoxys-Speed isn't all that its cut out to be. While it does house the fastest speed possible, the rest of its attacking stats are sub-par, and it can be only used for hazard setting, and for this set. It really isn't that bad. Try it sometime.

Scream (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Helix Fossil
Ability: Shadow Tag
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- King's Shield
- Milk Drink
- Perish Song

PRAISE THE OLD AMBER The final pokemon on my team, and by far the most useful, the Aerodactyl holding a helix fossil O.O . This is the perish-trapper on my team, and the member accountable for late-game songs of lament. This pokemon is a rare sight when battling, as it is only used in dire situations. This was a last minute addition, and it was a tough choice deciding between Pure Power Yveltal or this. I noticed I had already had too many physical attackers on this team all of them lol and I decided that I would choose something to make this team more balanced. So this set... encore a move that shouldn't be used over and over (I.E. a healing move, aromatherapy, stealth rock) perish song, spam milk drink. PROFIT.

Jigsaw (Kyurem-Black) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Pursuit
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stealth Rock

The Shining (Scizor-Mega) @ Safety Goggles
Jolly Nature
- Powder
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Sacred Fire

SE7EN (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Heal Order
- Waterfall
- ExtremeSpeed

The Conjuring (Aggron-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

The Purge (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Sheer Cold
- Entrainment
- Mean Look

Scream (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Helix Fossil
Ability: Shadow Tag
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- King's Shield
- Milk Drink
- Perish Song

I'll get some replays of this team~

Hello regi, this is a really good team you have there, and I don't see many important changes that can be made. However, I do see Gengar-Mega can be a huge threat to this team. Have you considered Meloetta over Scizor? This could be a decent wish passer, meaning you can use recover on Aggron, and switch Spiky Shield with something else. You could for example put Stealth Rock there as SR+Defog is a good combination beating Magic Bouncers switching in on SR. That leaves a moveslot on Kyurem-B; you could use gastro acid over SR on it, allowing you to Pursuit-Trap Wonder Guards.
Next I don't think your Deoxys-S set is optimal. What does Spider Web do for you? Pokemon not having Wonder Guard will immediately switch out anyway, and Wonder Guards generally have Shed Shell or a switching move anyway. Instead I recommend a set of Hypnosis/Substitute/Sheer Cold/Gastro Acid with leftovers. Set up a sub, from there not even Magic Coat Wonder Guards will stop you, as Hypnosis has more PP. If SR is up your opponent can't just switch beetween Wonder Guards forever. Gastro Acid over Entrainment as the effects of Gastro Acid gets baton passed.
Last you could use Spikes over King's Shield on Aerodactyl, as it will often have the opportunity to set it up, but that is up to you; both are good.
Anyway, good team as seen with your streak, and good luck onwards!

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Hello regi, this is a really good team you have there, and I don't see many important changes that can be made. However, I do see Gengar-Mega can be a huge threat to this team. Have you considered Meloetta over Scizor? This could be a decent wish passer, meaning you can use recover on Aggron, and switch Spiky Shield with something else. You could for example put Stealth Rock there as SR+Defog is a good combination beating Magic Bouncers switching in on SR. That leaves a moveslot on Kyurem-B; you could use gastro acid over SR on it, allowing you to Pursuit-Trap Wonder Guards.
Next I don't think your Deoxys-S set is optimal. What does Spider Web do for you? Pokemon not having Wonder Guard will immediately switch out anyway, and Wonder Guards generally have Shed Shell or a switching move anyway. Instead I recommend a set of Hypnosis/Substitute/Sheer Cold/Gastro Acid with leftovers. Set up a sub, from there not even Magic Coat Wonder Guards will stop you, as Hypnosis has more PP. If SR is up your opponent can't just switch beetween Wonder Guards forever. Gastro Acid over Entrainment as the effects of Gastro Acid gets baton passed.
Last you could use Spikes over King's Shield on Aerodactyl, as it will often have the opportunity to set it up, but that is up to you; both are good.
Anyway, good team as seen with your streak, and good luck onwards!
I do like your deoxys set, (i just stole mine from TestTrollTeam) and I'll change entrainment to gastro because of the baton pass. As for changing king's shield to spikes, I think KS would be more viable because you would be able to see your opponent's attack, and possibly lower their physical attack.

As for melo, I don't have any sets and it doesn't fill a specific niche on this team

I do like your deoxys set, (i just stole mine from TestTrollTeam) and I'll change entrainment to gastro because of the baton pass. As for changing king's shield to spikes, I think KS would be more viable because you would be able to see your opponent's attack, and possibly lower their physical attack.

As for melo, I don't have any sets and it doesn't fill a specific niche on this team
When it comes to Meloetta I was thinking you could use it to counter Gengar-Mega, a Pokemon nothing on your team switched in to, and you have to rely on mindgames with Kyurem-B. Should you use priority? Will it switch out? A well played Gengar gets a kill everytime it comes in. Meloetta however is immune to Ghost Judgment and takes neutral Secret Swords with ease. A moveset could be: Psystrike/Searing Shot/Wish/Spiky Shield with Safety Goggles, Shed Shell or Lum Berry. You could then use Defog/U-turn/Recover/Stealth Rock on Aggron as you already have a wish passer.

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice RMT ,someone finally made one. Feebas is right about meloetta, it would help you against mega-gengar though for me yveltal magic bounce would be better cause m-aggron really sucks in pure hackmons. Another "problem" i see is kyurem-b, i like the that set but i think focus sash isn't needed, i would recommend lum berry or safety goggles. Also entrainment/pursuit seems both bad to me, pursuit is only good for mega-genar who would switch and imo gastro acid > entrainment, i would change pursuit for sacred fire for scizor or horn leech for swampert(i am sure Feebas4ubers would like it).
Also wonder guard scizor needs shed shell especially if you use powder and defog on it.

Well anyway nice team, i like the helix fossil on mega-aero :p and OMG YOU HP ARE GOOD GRATZ.

i apologize in advance for bad english lol

berry

what kind
Nice RMT ,someone finally made one. Feebas is right about meloetta, it would help you against mega-gengar though for me yveltal magic bounce would be better cause m-aggron really sucks in pure hackmons. Another "problem" i see is kyurem-b, i like the that set but i think focus sash isn't needed, i would recommend lum berry or safety goggles. Also entrainment/pursuit seems both bad to me, pursuit is only good for mega-genar who would switch and imo gastro acid > entrainment, i would change pursuit for sacred fire for scizor or horn leech for swampert(i am sure Feebas4ubers would like it).
Also wonder guard scizor needs shed shell especially if you use powder and defog on it.

Well anyway nice team, i like the helix fossil on mega-aero :p and OMG YOU HP ARE GOOD GRATZ.

i apologize in advance for bad english lol
i'll think about melo, but it adds to the double dark / bug weaknesses.

Pikachuun http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hackmons-143764809 ITS REAL OML

Sing is 100x better than hypnosis if it hasn't been started already because it bypasses subs. Since I don't really play pure hacks I do not really see anything wrong with this team :) good work regi

Sing is 100x better than hypnosis if it hasn't been started already because it bypasses subs. Since I don't really play pure hacks I do not really see anything wrong with this team :) good work regi
I think the reason is Hypnosis was suggested because it doesn't pass subs, so it can be spammed against wonder guard users(once deoxys-s sets up a sub of it's own) w/o fear of magic coat putting you to sleep.

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sing is only better if you don't use sub which regi doesn't do but actually deoxys-s sub/sheer cold/gastro/hypnosis is a great set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)