Hail discussion thread

Don't forget this is UU, Bug/Steels aren't very common in this tier.
Bug/Steels are rarer in OU, there's only Scizor.

For that Sealeo, you definitely need Toxic Spikes support. And a spinblocker. However, Venomoth can just come in, suck up the spikes, and start Quiver Dance spamming. Sealeo's 45 speed doesn't help either.

Bug/Steels are rarer in OU, there's only Scizor.

For that Sealeo, you definitely need Toxic Spikes support. And a spinblocker. However, Venomoth can just come in, suck up the spikes, and start Quiver Dance spamming. Sealeo's 45 speed doesn't help either.
um no. Forretress, Nattorei, Scizor, pretty much the only reason why Latios used HP Fire. In UU, all there is, is Escavalier and even then he won't be enjoying a Focus Blast.

Well I'm talking about that 4x weakness to HP Fire. It isn't just Bug/Steel. That's the only reason why anyone would use it especially when there is a better option. And Durant won't be able to take a hit, thought I cleared that up. Nitpicking doesn't change the fact that Focus Blast does better on Kyurem than HP Fire.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not even really a coverage issue, it's just the fact that HP Fire forces you to lose the speed tie with other base 95s, which includes, of course, enemy Kyurem. I'd choose HP Fire over Focus Blast all of the time if the trade off didn't include losing to the most dangerous Pokemon in the tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)