SM OU Hail OU Team

Hi guys, firstly I need to say that I'm not an English speaker, so maybe I have some gramar and vocabulary mistakes, forgive me. It is my first post and my first competitive team, I have test it for one weeks and I have obtained good results. As you will see It is a prebank team, but I can change Pokemon if there are a better alternative. Thank you!

THE TEAM

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 2 HP / 186 SpA / 116 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Freeze-Dry
- Aurora Veil

Ninetales-Alola is my usually lead. The first that I want to do is put aurora veils. I don't have a very tank pokemon, so I need to put it to protect my team. The EVs distribution is for resist some moves, like a Flamethrower or a Sludge bomb of a Salazzle. With that Evs distribution I can outspeeder Garchomp and other problematic pokemons. Sometines I have to suicide if I have a porblematic situation.

Sandslash-Alola @ Groundium Z
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Icicle Spear

So Sandslash-alola is my physical sweeper, I have to use it after Nintetales alola if it is posible. For example, If I have a Salazzle as a lead from enemy's team, I resist the flamethrower thanks to the EVs repartion, I use the aurora veil, the ninetales have to die. Now I can use Sandslash as a revenge killer using earthquake. If salazzle have Focus Sash is going to be disabled thanks to the hail. I use Groundium Z instead of Life Orb becouse I can do more damage to Mega Metagross for example, that is a threat to my team. The EVs distribution it doesn't have any special think. I use Icicle Spear becouse i had a bad experiencie with Icicle Crash, it usually fail.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 112 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Marowak-alola is my second Bulky Physical Sweeper. I think that is very useful becouse I can stop electric attacks. For example, if see a Tapu Koko in front of my Ninetales or other Pokémon, I will switch to Marowak-alola, and after that I can attack with earthquake. Earthquake is better than boomerang because it has 100% of accurancy and I hace the Hail to break Focus Sash o Pokémon with Sturdy. It covers my Tapu Fini of poisson attacks too. The EVs distribution I searched in smogon, and thanks to that, I can outspeeder Celesteela, Aegislash etc. If I have the auroa veil enabled, it is a very bulky pokemon and I I can do a lot of damage. I have to be careful with enemy's eartquakes, but I have a vikavolt to stop it. It is the ordinary set, but it works.

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Brick Break

Muk-alola is my "tank". With aurora veil enabled is a good tank. As you can see, It is Physical Defensive, it is becouse I have Tapu Fini with a great SDef. I use with poison touch becouse sometimes I need to stop a bulky pokemon. I have to be careful with that becouse Tapu Fini has the Misty Terrain. I know that exist with Gluttony, using the Figy Berry, but I think that with Poison Touch and Black Sludge is useful. I have Knock Off to remove problematic objects like eviolite. Protect if I have to recover with Black Sludge or to wait for the poisson. Brick Break for breaking barrers.
I think that I can change this pokemon to another poisson tank (I need poisson) like Toxapex, but toxic spikes are not working with misty terrain.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Defog
- Calm Mind

I used Tapu Fini as a Special Sweeper but I use it too as a Special Tank thanks to Aurora Veil. Thanks to Tapu Fini, I can put the Misty terrain, thats good becouse I can stop Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave that can break my Sandslash or other Pokemon. In addition, I can sweep better with Ninetales-alola with Moonblast. The EVs repartion is for sweep better. Defog is neceary becouse the rocks can hurts a lot Vikavolt and Marowak-alola. Calm mind if I can boost. To prevent toxic attacks I have Sandslash and Marowak-alola.

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ultimately, I have Vikavolt as a Special Sweeper. I though that I need a Pokemon that stop ground attacks and I find it. I need electric attacks too to prevent rain teams. For example, If I see that the enemy is going to start with Pelipper, I use it as a lead. I think that using with Choice Specs is the best option. I have Hidden Power Fire becouse Mega Scizor or Kartana are a threat to my team. People don't that I going that I have Hidden Power with that Pokemon. I need Energy Ball to kill Gastrodon or Mamoswine after a Predict (Imagine that before Vikavolt was Marowak-alola battling).

CONCLUSION
So thats my team, as you can see I have to do a lot of changes and I can't use movements like Toxic, Will-O-Wisp etc. It is necesary to improve it I can remove Pokemon. Mega Metagross is sometines the worst nightmare, becouse I don't how I can OHKO. Pokemom that can boost are a threat top, like Porygon-Z with Normalium Z, I don't have Pokémon to stop that, usually I use Sandslash un the Hail yo kill them, but sometines could be a problem. If Vikavolt dies I could have problems with ground attacks, becouse Muk, Sandslash and Marowak have problems with ground. As I said in the begining, it is a Pre-bank team, but I can include or remove Pokemon from Pokebank, but I didn't find substitutes.
I hope that you enjoyed the post. Thanks to all! Sorry if I have gramar or vocabulary mistakes.

Last edited:
love the ninetails and sandslash but u should use a nice mega on ur team gonna play matchmaker here so i think mega slowbro is perfect for two reasons: counters both mega metagross and after a few calm minds can wall porygon z and crushes any ground types if vikavolt dies.

love the ninetails and sandslash but u should use a nice mega on ur team gonna play matchmaker here so i think mega slowbro is perfect for two reasons: counters both mega metagross and after a few calm minds can wall porygon z and crushes any ground types if vikavolt dies.
Thanks for reading!! Yes, I was thinking It, but Which Pokémon should I change? Perhaps Muk-alola? I thinl that I can stop toxic and spikes with Tapu Fini.

Thanks for reading!! Yes, I was thinking It, but Which Pokémon should I change? Perhaps Muk-alola? I thinl that I can stop toxic and spikes with Tapu Fini.
yeah that wouldn't be bad im not a big fan of muk anyways and it gets rid of half of ur team being buried underground by mega metagross eq spams and scald on this thing can burn that metagross and then use it as setup fodder

yeah that wouldn't be bad im not a big fan of muk anyways and it gets rid of half of ur team being buried underground by mega metagross eq spams and scald on this thing can burn that metagross and then use it as setup fodder
Thanks for your help! I think I'll use that:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

The EVs distribution is from smogon

i have been using a z me first special pheromosa with z me first doubling speed for choice scarfers and does a z move off ur opponents move with 1.5x power because of me firsts effect

Thanks for your help! I think I'll use that:

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

The EVs distribution is from smogon
i use full def and hp investment and i have a shiny slowbro i got for a lv 66 reg raichu in oras

i have been using a z me first special pheromosa with z me first doubling speed for choice scarfers and does a z move off ur opponents move with 1.5x power because of me firsts effect
It's a good strategy, but I think that it isn't going to work in my team, Pheromosa is so weak.
i use full def and hp investment and i have a shiny slowbro i got for a lv 66 reg raichu in oras
With 28 SpD I think that you can endure a movement from a Special pokemon like:
252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 28 SpD Mega Slowbro: 198-234 (98.5 - 116.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 204-242 (101.4 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
So I don't know, I'm assuming becouse I didn't build that Slowbro.

i do it for just extreme bulk i lived a physical hit at 38 hp with 1 hp left and recoverd on my friend i think it was garchomp eq not sure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)