Hail Team

Hail Team

Hi to everybody that is reading this is my frist time making RMT so I hope that it looks good but this my version of my Hail Team which is a Mono type which means 3 ice and 3 of any pokemon you want but I don't really care about that part anymore so just give me feed back what I should do to make better team. I am up to anything to make this team better and I want all of you guys advice so please comment.

My Team

The Breakdown

Deoxys-D @ (No Item)
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 148 HP / 180 Def / 180 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Recover
- Avalanche
- Meteor Mash

All this pokemon is a stalls a pokemon to death unless steel or poison this can be a great a pokemon or a EPIC FAIL. Sorry about image but it is D-Deoxys

Abomasnow (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 Def / 152 SAtk / 52 SDef / 252 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Water Pulse
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

As you well see with most of my pokemon they well have move sets that I prefer and that you may think is odd but the main point of this pokemon is to set up weather effect. This may be odd but the reason Focus Sash is on Abomasnow is many main reason I have seen through battling a lot is that he well break most Boston Pass Team but like I said that is from many battles. Reason for this is when for fire type, rock type, and ground type and also for in case the opponent send out a weather pokemon for I can call back if alive through the battle or if worth doing it during battle. Hidden Power is to deal with bug types and steel.

Froslass (F) @ Icicle Plate
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Froslass is just my special sweeper.

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Quick Attack

Revenge killer this well out speed most pokemon that I well come against about time this pokemon comes out most of the time he come out to play the other usually badly hurt from battle and I well go for fake out than quick attack if the pokemon lives but I plan to change quick attack to ice shard for I well be able to hit any pokemon.

(Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

This pokemon is just a wall with me adding this pokemon recently to the brought the team to levels when added. Burn reduce damage by half with that I can take hit bug moves, electric moves and ghost moves if it can live trough the first attack.

Infernape (M) @ Charcoal
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 100 Atk / 32 Def / 88 SAtk / 32 SDef / 255 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stone Edge
- Overheat
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Infernape is just a odd pokemon I added to the and is mix state pokemon sweeper this pokemon and is able to bring down Heatran and even Gyarados with stone edge as long dose not miss but that risk I that I take.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this and helping me to make a better team.

Nice team , but as many hail teams a big common weakness.
I havent been using a hailteam on 5th gen YET so all i'm gonna say is theoretically 'correct' but might not work .

So lets get started :
Deoxys-D , good wall , but i would give it 252 HP , 129 EV in def and Sp.Def , this will resolve in a bit more bulk. And why ? If they come at you with seismic toss/night shade (wich is getting more common) you will be a 3hit i believe. So a bit additional HP is very welcome and it will give pretty much the same bulk as you have allready but probably a bit stronger.

Your abomasnow has a weird setup but i guess it could work. He is used for the weather only actually , in any other role abomasnow never succeeded its expections.
A sub puncher does work out rather nicely as it makes him live a bit longer , when sub breaks switch him out so you can restart hail if needed.

Frosslass , hmm , i see where u are going but , frosslass is very frail , a sucker punch will REALLY make you feel like a sucker with that particular setup. Therefor , a nice setup would be almost the same as you have now BUT get a focus sash and destiny bond . Frosslass can actually set up spikes too (wich can come in handy). What i usually do is get him in fast in the game, put on spikes , focus sash saves that turn (or maybe you wont get attacked at all , wich would be good for you) . Then continue with sweeping if you think you can kill it , if you think you cant (priority etc) go with destiny bond and make the oponent feel like a sucker instead.
So : Spikes , Destiny bond , Blizzard , Tbolt/Hp fire @ Focus sash .

Your Weavile , i get where you want to go but.
I would change ice punch for ice shard , and change quick attack for night slash.
This will take full advantage of its typing and it will still have priority together with fake out. This makes for a more dangerous set as you were using as a physical ghost type wall would just laugh at you where with night slash you will laugh at them.

Jellicent , pretty common set, maybe go for water absorb over cursed body. That way if rain dance teams they will have you cornered, you will be able to make a huge dent in their stratigy and set up hail again with switching after burning or something to lower their attack.

For the infernape , go with life orb over charcoal. Charcoal (if i'm not wrong) gives JUST a slight boost in only fire type attacks. Where life orb gives ALL attacks 30% boost (so yeah , its alot better).

Back to deoxys for a second.
The absolute master of stall in hail is ofcourse Wallrein (i even mistyped it to highlight what of a wall it is! ) .
With a set like :
Walrein @ Leftovers
Ability : Ice body
Moves : Protect , substitute , blizzard , toxic/any move you like
252 HP , 252 Defence , with lets say bold nature.

This results in a wall that CANT be broken as long as it has a sub.
How to use this :
Get up a sub in the first turn. (loose 1/4th hp) . Get 1/16th hp from lefties and another 1/16th from ice body (so 1/8th back up)
Then protect , getting another 1/8th back . At this point you have a free 101 hp sub , that will probably not be broken for one more turn , this turn you will attack .
Next turn you will go with a sub again.
Repeat this forever , going with ONLY hail dammage , this gets 200% hail dammage off before running out of PP , so thats is 2 dead pokes for the opponent GUARANTEED.
(I actually dont know if this set is banned as it is a beast , but i dont think it is)

Nothing more i can add now :)

Change Deoxys's movest a bit.

Deoxys @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 148hp/180def/180Sdef
-Toxic
-Reflect/Light Screen
-Recover
-Seismic Toss/Night Shade/Magic Coat
Walls... that's it.

Also, you may want this:

Hope I helped(:

Deoxys-replace with clef able for no hail damage and dump avalanche, it may seem like a good idea but... Stealth rocks are better. Maybe blizzard on clef able over meteor mash although that Canberra annoying too.

Abomasnow..... .... ..... I don't get it. Water pulse sucks and giga drain is available. Leech seed and protetct fm an annoying wall. And he doesn't die. Shadow ball,water pulse HP fire.... Just doesn't seem like a great idea.

Froslass, it wastes a slot Froslass really is destiny bond and spikes lead. Not a... Sweeper. So many better choices.. Never use an icicle plate. Ever. It's a pretty use less tem, choice or gem it.

I love SD sash weavile but yours is good except night slash over quick attack.

In hailwalrein is sooooo much better than jellicent. Better.... Everything sub protect surf or blizzard and toxic.

Again gem your ape and forget defense EVs just add them into attacks

You may be surprise by Abomasnow having that move pretty much cover me against steel types which usually a problem to the team.

Thanks you for the info give me as I really appreciate it.

You may be surprise by Abomasnow having that move pretty much cover me against steel types which usually a problem to the team.

Thanks you for the info give me as I really appreciate it.
No problem and also obviously drop jellicent for walrein but then infernape for arcane or something like that and.... Then you lose the OU tier and a lot of it's power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)