Hail Wreckers

Hail Wreckers

As you can't already tell by the title, this is a hail team. This team wasn't built by me alone, I had help by Leader Wolf, the best fucking person in the world. I asked him if he wanted to do a co-op team build and he said yes. We decided to make this a hail team since it's near Christmas. We also decided to make the nicknames Christmas themed. Some sets are weird, some sets are decent.

Christmas Tree (Abomasnow) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 216 HP / 36 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]​

It's a hail team, of fucking course you need an Abomasnow. Any way, this is a very weird Abomasnow set, Choice Specs. The Specs is to hit a few different thing hard, although not a lot of thing will be KO'd due to Abomasnow's very low special attack. Blizzard is used to "BLIZZARD EVERYTHING". Also, it's a hail team, you can't have a hail team and not have a Blizzard spammer. Focus Blast is to hit Rock types super effectively. Giga Drain is to get HP back and save myself from a tight spot. HP Ground is to hit fire types and help my team from no being swept by them. The EVs are very weird, yet can be helpful. Special Attack to hit harder, HP to survive a hit, Speed to increase my speed, and Defense to not let me die from an Infernape. Again, not one of the best sets.

Old St. Dragon (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Blizzard​

A Kyurem, standard to be on a Hail Team. Yet another Blizzard spammer, hits Dragon types super effectively, covering one of Kyurem's weaknesses. Earth Power is to hit rock types, and a few other things my team is weak to. Roost to help me out in a pinch, and Dragon Pulse for some for STAB. The Nature is Timid to boost my speed a little and to help me sweep some pokes. Speed EVs for ever more speed, instead of Modest. The HP EVs are for the very little bulk I'll get from it (aka, I had 4 EVs left and didn't know where to put them).

Memories (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Extremespeed​

A Lucario, very under rated Pokemon that needs more love. The nickname, however, is not Christmas-y. We decided to nickname it "Memories" because it's the name of the song where I really started liking Lucario, "Thanks for the Memories". Any how, the set is the common Swords Dance sweeper. Extremespeed for priority, Close Combat for STAB, etc etc. This is the star of the team. Lucario can really fuck you up if it gets at +2. Dragonite, meet your worst nightmare.

Star Patridge (Staraptor) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Close Combat
- U-Turn​

This is a force not to be reckoned with. This is the other-weather kill of the team. Brave Bird can OHKO a Ninetales! Close Combat for T-tar and U-turn to get the fuck outta there. Return is for some nice normal STAB. All in all, this team would have a hard time against other weather teams without Staraptor bitch slapping all of them.

The Grinch (Scizor) @ Metal Coat
Trait: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite

Yet another, very weird set. The item Metal Coat isn't the best, but it makes sure Bullet Punch hits hard. STAB + Metal Coat + Technician will really hurt any thing that gets in Scizor's way. Brick Break is for the team's Rock weakness and Bug Bite is for some helpful Bug STAB. Over all, this isn't the best set in the world, but it does a lot for the team.

Scrooge (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

The frailest of the frail, Alakazam. Alakazam can do work, if you use it right. Although Life Orb is better, Focus Sash will make up for the extreme frailness of poor Alakazam. Psyshock is so I won't be countered by Blisseys and then I can hit 'em hard with a Psyshock. Focus Blast is for Psychic/Fight coverage and to hit Dark types. Shadow Ball is to hit Ghost types and HP Ice is or teh
lolz.

Like I said, this isn't one of the best teams in the world. It gets a ratio of 2:4 winning, so, for me its decent. Leave any suggestions down below. I may or may not consider them, however. This is my first RMT ever, so please don't say anything bad about my "skills" at this. Credits to Leader Wolf for helping me create this team, he won't be around till Dec. 26 though.

Christmas Tree (Abomasnow) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 216 HP / 36 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Old St. Dragon (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Blizzard

Star Patridge (Staraptor) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Close Combat
- U-Turn

Scrooge (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Grinch (Scizor) @ Metal Coat
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance:>
- Bug Bite

Memories (Lucario) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Extremespeed

Firstly, Life orb is probably the better item for Scizor because of the power increase for each move rather than just bp. Secondly, the team is rather weak to both fire and fighting. You need to take steps to change this. These two types are difficult to defend against simultaneously, especially on a hail team, but you might add a bulky water in addition to another psychic or a ghost. A starting point would be Jellicent.

Jellicent @ leftovers
Ability: water absorb
Bold, 252 hp/216 def/44 spe
Scald
Will-o-wisp
Recover
Taunt
Finally, as for which Pokemon to remove, you have two swords dance Pokemon, and I would recommend removing Lucario, as Scizor isn't fighting weak and I think it is a better Pokemon, but you could remove either. I hope I helped.

I know what you mean by the huge fighting weakness, but I deal with that by BB with Staraptor, when it's dead, I send out my Alakazam to try to destroy the fighting types. The Fire weakness however, I don't know how to deal with it. This is an offensive team and I don't know how I feel about using a stall Pokemon like Jellicent, I'll take more requests for an offensive water type, but no thanks at Jellicent.

In that case, consider Starmie, a very offensive Pokemon. Jellicent is a good Pokemon offensively also, but Starmie has access to rapid spin, which is highly beneficial to this team with its SR weakness. I recommend this.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid nature
252 spa/4 spec def/252 spe
Hydro pump/surf
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Rapid Spin

This one is more offensive. It does take some of Alakazam's jobs, so you could consider replacing that to make room for this, but you could also replace some of the others as I said earlier.

Hello, I really like the use of Choice Specs Abomasnow so props for that :D

Speaking about your team, I found a weakness to fire and fighting types and to entry hazards, for this reason, I suggest you to use Starmie in place of Staraptor, you don't need it at all in my opinion, you have already Alakazam as revenge kill and a lots of priority moves. Then, I think that Kyurem needs to Draco Meteor. It's a powerful wall breaker and Draco Meteor in combination with Life Orb hits hard many wall in the current metagame. Now that you have Starmie to spin Kyurem can switch out after Draco Meteor without worrying about the entry hazards. Then, I suggest you to use Bullet Punch in place of Ice Punch on Lucario, it's useful to hit Terrakion, Gengar and Choice Scarf that can be a bit problematics for this team (mainly Gengar its coverage). Finally, I'd change Scizor's EV spread to: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD. This EV spread allows to setup on dragon types' Outrage and allows to take less damage from latwins' Draco Meteor. The dragon types are a big threats for this team (Lucario can't switch into any dragon types' attack because its low defensive statistics and you have only Alakazam's Hidden Power Ice to revenge kill them) so a bulky EV spread on Scizor can help. Hope I helped, good luck. Here's Starmie's set:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Hi TheSilverShadow.
It is a interesting team, with Kyurem and Abomasnow Spec that I like a lot, I'm ready to rate your team!
I see that you're very disadvantaged against Scizor, even if he's Bander or SD you have nothing for tank a bullet punch + 2 because he 2HKO Lucario and when he's SworD dancer he's bulky and not die on close combat, I suggest you put Lucario on Heatran, as Heatran can come on the Sun's team There you can not do anything against Venusaur and it has generally Sunny Days, then you're disadvantaged against Fire type/Attack , Heatran can stall with Flash Fire.

Then I see you have MetalCoat on Scizor, but I do not understand why, the climate in your team it's the Hail, Scizor is disadvantaged and loses 7% at every turn, and then he does not have roost , in OverUsed there are many pokemons for counter Scizor, I suggest you to put Leftovers on Scizor and him put of Ev' s in speed because I see that you have Brick Break but mainly it's for Heatran, but with this set you can't outspeed Heatran.

But now you are weak to Terrakion Bander and even the scarf because He outspeed Alakazam, Alakazam does not have a very good defense and he's OHKO by Close Combat of the Bander, and terrakion can switch if you put Alakazam and then come to kill the other pokemons, Staraptor can Revenge Kill but with the Hail + Stealth Rock he can not come properly, I suggest you put Kyurem Slowbro, Slowbro is a pokemon interresting for your team as you are disadvantage against the Dragons and sweepers as Landorus, it has cap.spe regenerator, he can come and go without problem then he's a good counter for Terrakion.

Heatran
Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roar
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Slowbro
Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Tl;dr
Scizor----> Ev Speed> no Ev speed
Scizor (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break/Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
Lucario---->Heatran
Kyurem---->Slowbro

Hope I Helped, and Good Luck.

To be honest, I don't feel that great about replacing Lucario. I might replace Scizor with Heatran, I'll have to run some tests with it. Slowbro is a definite no, although. Starmie, is pretty shaky for me. I don't know who to replace for it.

To be honest, I don't feel that great about replacing Lucario. I might replace Scizor with Heatran, I'll have to run some tests with it. Slowbro is a definite no, although. Starmie, is pretty shaky for me. I don't know who to replace for it.
If you replace Heatran by Scizor you are weak against Reuniclus CM Bulky, then you can keep Lucario if you put Heatran on Kyurem. :) But you're very disadvantaged against Dragonite/Lucario/Salamance/Terrakion/Mienshao/Landorus-T.These are very used Pokémon.

Hey! I really like your team and I would just like to say a couple suggestions on Lucario its nature should be changed to Adamant because jolly does not accomplish much and adamant gives a extra omph. Staraptor I feel like it should not be on this team because the recoil from BB and DE added with the hail will wear it down easily. I think you should replace it with Keldeo because lowers the amount of pokemon you have weak to rocks and aid you against rain teams.
Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey man!

Your team is pretty frail all around, and it finds a hard time taking any powerful banded, specs, or weather boosted attacks. To change this, I think you should change your Alakazam to a Life Orb Tank Latias. This set is amazing, and not only does it pretty much provide the same coverage as Alakazam, it also has tons of resistances so it can switch in on even boosted attacks. The move set is interchangeable, but I recommend keeping the move set that I listed.

Latias @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power Fire/Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

I also agree that Staraptor should be replaced. Although Staraptor is quite underrated in OU, Recoil+Hail+Stealth Rocks= Dead Staraptor. The fact that you have no spinner or Magic Bouncer on a hail team really bothers me. You're also lacking a Stealth Rocker! This is why I think Starmie is the perfect candidate for your team. Forretress helps you wall Terrakion and Dragons, which your team desperately needs, and spins away hazards while laying out its own! I think Scizor would be the best think to replace seeing that you already have Lucario who fills a similar niche on your team. If Scizor is replaced, I would recommend replacing Ice Punch with Bullet Punch or Crunch on Lucario. You have Abomasnow and Kyurem handling Dragons and Ice types, so Bullet Punch would be better to hit Terrakion and Crunch is another choice in order to deal with Psychic types.

Here's the Forretress set:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rocks
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball/Spikes
- Volt Switch

Good luck with your team! Please try out these suggestions.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey

Cool Hail team! You look pretty solid, but I do see a weakness in some pretty common fighting types, especially ones such as Terrakion or Keldeo. You also have a huge weakness to hazards that is definitely not helping your team defeat opposing weather teams. I think your weak link is in Staraptor. It's weak to nearly all fighting types bar Loom, and only adds to your weakness to hazards. Instead, I think it's best for you to try Starmie instead.

Starmie @ Leftovers
TImid / 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Scald / Rapid Spin / Recover / Psyshock

Bulky Starmie would be a huge help to your team, since it covers many of the weaknesses of your sweepers, Kyurem and Scizor. Its fighting resistance and access to STAB Psyshock lets you have a good answer to the fighting types of the tier- and its bulk lets you do it many times, tanking hits and removing counters, clearing the way for Zor / Kyurem / Lucario to sweep. Scald is another great move, as it hits Lando-I very hard, a pokemon that could give you trouble should you lose the weather war. The ability to burn opponents is great too, as it lets you set up more as Lucario sets up. Rapid Spin gets those pesky hazards away, and lets Abomasnow switch in more times. Recover gives you more HP, allowing you to spin more times to support your team.

I also think it would be best for you to make your Scizor Choice Banded. This helps you revenge Terrakion and friends, as well as trap and kill opposing psychic types whose coverage let them hit your team hard. Having a Band also lets you act as a bulky tank that pivots in and out and nails threats you need gone ASAP, such as Tyranitar, Terrakion, Lati@s, or Reuniclus. Because you already have a strong setup sweeper in Lucario, I think making Scizor a hit-and-run tank would benefit your team more.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant / 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch / U-Turn / Pursuit / Superpower

Also, one last thing. I like the creativity of your Abomasnow set, in fact I am quite tempted to try it. However, I think your spread is inefficient- as you're not outspeeding anything with 4 Spe EVs. I recommend the spread of 240 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA Quiet. This might seem like a crazy spread, as it puts you at a very low speed- but let me explain why this is most optimal. For one, you keep your power and you get a bit more bulk. But why ditch the speed and go Quiet? Well, the only notable things in your base 60 speed tier are Jellicent and Tyranitar. Underspeeding Tyranitar is what I'm aiming for here. Quiet lets you underspeed even Sassy Tyranitar, and always win the weather war no matter who you face up front. (except Hippowdon, which, if you wanted, you could lower your IV's to underspeed as well) Jellicent does outspeed you now, but most Jellicents outsped you anyway, since most Jellicent run AT LEAST 8 spe evs. Outspeeding Jellicent is not best anyway, since it forces you to become faster than even SpDef Ttar, which will not help you win weather wars. It's picky, but I"m sure it will help you a lot.

Good luck! And tell Leader Wolf that I think your team is quite nice! :D

Just so you all know, I'm not removing Staraptor. It is my best check to other weather starters. I'll have to take these recommendations to Wolf, we will try to look at them and hopefully use some of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)