Hardest Relative NPC

You know, not a lot of people have mentioned this guy:

THIS. I think I can honestly say that Evice is the single most difficult boss I've ever faced in the series. This guy is just ridiculously unfair in the situation you're put in. Colosseum has very limited options to start with, meaning that you don't have the freedom to use high-class pokemon normally available in games (like Gyarados), unless you use the Legendary Beasts. EVICE, on the other hand, has some of the most powerful pokemon of the generation on his side, AND they almost all have BOOSTING MOVES. Seriously, he has a Dragon Dance Salamence! What the heck?! To make matters even worse, if both his "King" pokemon get out on the field at once, Slowking will Skill Swap Truant off Slaking! And then you have to deal with THAT monster!

But the absolute worst part about him... HIS POKEMON ARE IN THE 60'S! At that point of the game your pokemon are probably in their high 40's or low 50's. His levels are just so much higher than even the boss before him!

Oh, and just a personal thing, I was really mad when I found out that Nascour wasn't the final boss. I struggled with this guy for so long...

Sorry, got off on a rant there. Just wanted to show just how much of a pain he is.
I remember that bastard.

He was definitely a pain in the arse. I could had sworn he had a pokemon to catch too which made things worst since you had to wear the sucker down and the pokemon would had tore apart your entire team.

Evice did have a Shadow Pokemon; a Tyranitar. It's not really that much of a threat since it's levels are much lower, it's slow and you can probably Master Ball it (unless you thought Nascour was the final boss like I did). But it can still create problems thanks to it's infinite Sandstorm and it's good coverage with Blizzard, Thunder and Rock Slide. Not too bad though...

Evice did have a Shadow Pokemon; a Tyranitar. It's not really that much of a threat since it's levels are much lower, it's slow and you can probably Master Ball it (unless you thought Nascour was the final boss like I did). But it can still create problems thanks to it's infinite Sandstorm and it's good coverage with Blizzard, Thunder and Rock Slide. Not too bad though...
Why would you waste a Master Ball when you could do the Master Ball glitch?

It's possible they had a later version or the Players Choice version of Colosseum, which the glitch is patched. Not in my disc though :P.

Although I fully agree on Evice. That bastard had some tough Pokemon. At least you got healed after fighting Nascour.

EDIT: Did anyone remember the one trainer in victory road in Emerald, where (s)he had a Lanturn with Earthquake? It wasn't a hard fight per say, but it's a prime example of the computer cheating.

I was young at the time and didn't know about it. Even now, I tend to forget about it while playing.

Actually, that brings up an interesting point. If it's possible to exploit a glitch that makes the boss easier, does that or does that not count towards whether the boss is considered difficult?

Actually, that brings up an interesting point. If it's possible to exploit a glitch that makes the boss easier, does that or does that not count towards whether the boss is considered difficult?
Well(in my eyes anyway), you sorta have to consider the following.

1:How badly does it affect the fight? Does he become easy to the point where my level 8 Torchic can beat it, or is it still relatively hard to the point where it really doesn't make a difference?

In Evice's case, no, I don't think it makes a difference. I mean, for one thing, most people use the Master Ball on Tyranitar anyway(It's the last pokemon you catch besides Togetic and that's well, Togetic). Second, if you take away Tyranitar from Evice's team, what does he have left? He has(if memory serves right) Slaking/Salamence/Slowking/Machamp/Scizor, at around level 60 no less.

Considering the fact this is Pokemon Colosseum, where the choice of Pokemon you can use is rather limited, you are still going to have a tough time if you chuck a Master Ball at his lowest level Pokemon or not.

Well(in my eyes anyway), you sorta have to consider the following.

1:How badly does it affect the fight? Does he become easy to the point where my level 8 Torchic can beat it, or is it still relatively hard to the point where it really doesn't make a difference?

In Evice's case, no, I don't think it makes a difference. I mean, for one thing, most people use the Master Ball on Tyranitar anyway(It's the last pokemon you catch besides Togetic and that's well, Togetic). Second, if you take away Tyranitar from Evice's team, what does he have left? He has(if memory serves right) Slaking/Salamence/Slowking/Machamp/Scizor, at around level 60 no less.

Considering the fact this is Pokemon Colosseum, where the choice of Pokemon you can use is rather limited, you are still going to have a tough time if you chuck a Master Ball at his lowest level Pokemon or not.
Pretty reasonable logic; as I said, Tyranitar really isn't too much of an issue in the fight against him (which is really ironic considering it's supposed to be the strongest Shadow Pokemon). And considering that the glitch really is more of an overall gameplay thing rather than a one-time trick, I guess you're right that it really doesn't affect the fight.

Just a small nitpick though; after you beat the game there's still a Shadow Smeargle, Ursaring, Shuckle, and the remaining Johto starters left to capture before you reach Togetic.

I always hated Iris in BW2. Her Haxorus is the only thing that causes problems because I don't carry multihit attacks.

As far as Skyla being hard, it was easy for me because I was using Magneton and I believe Eviolite was available at that point in the game as well making it a wall.

I see nobody have brought up Cooltrainer Jennifer from Ruby/Sapphire. You walk along with your slightly underlevelled Pokémon, then BAM! A trainer! Oh, she has only one Pokémon? Milotic? That's cool...

...five minutes later, it's not cool anymore. I rushed a little too much through Sapphire, and Jennifer was the first trainer to beat me. That Milotic took everything I threw at it, Recovered back the damage, and confused me with Water Pulse until my entire team was down. I felt so pathetic afterwards.

Whitney is also a royal pain in the lower end of your back.
THIS Cooltrainer Jennifer was horribly uncool, took me like 4 attempts too beat her.

Ghetsis in B/W1 and his damn hacked Hydreigon! In my entire playthroughs of those games, that thing & its prefect coverage & speed was the only reason I lost. Ever.
Only reason it wasn't the same in W2 was because I had a Dream Radar Tornadus to spam Acrobatics...

He probably wasn't the hardest I've ever faced, but he's the one who always springs to mind.

*is too lazy to find the original post your quoting*

Maybe its just me but I didn't had too much of a problem with Jennifer, mostly because I used Sceptile.
clicking the link in the quote brings you to the original post that was quoted, you know >.>"

BW2 Ghetsis was a lot more toned down imo, especially when he changed his all-special Hydreigon to an all-physical Hydreigon... ;/

Ghetsis in B/W1 and his damn hacked Hydreigon! In my entire playthroughs of those games, that thing & its prefect coverage & speed was the only reason I lost. Ever.
Only reason it wasn't the same in W2 was because I had a Dream Radar Tornadus to spam Acrobatics...

He probably wasn't the hardest I've ever faced, but he's the one who always springs to mind.
I came prepared for Ghetsis' Hydreigon. I level grinded my Samurott to the 70s. I pumped it up with X-Attack and X-Speed and took out his entire team until that Hydreigon came out. Megahorn fricking missed twice and I lost my Samurott.

I still managed to beat him on the first try with an underleveled Scrafty that had dragon dance and hi-jump kick. The Hydreigon kept trying to use Focus Blast but it kept missing but the Hi-Jump kicks kept hitting it so I managed to won somehow.

clicking the link in the quote brings you to the original post that was quoted, you know >.>"

BW2 Ghetsis was a lot more toned down imo, especially when he changed his all-special Hydreigon to an all-physical Hydreigon... ;/
I'm still new to this. D: But thanks for the tip.

And I haven't fought Ghetsis in BW2 yet so thanks for the heads up on that.

Speaking of Colosseum bosses. Ein was a bitch when you first battle him. His Lanturn is so annoying if you don't have Quagsire(With Water Absorb) or a grass type. Those rain dance boosted Hydro Pumps hurt. Luckily I taught my Hitmontop toxic to stall it out. His Huntail can be annoying too with confuse ray.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Even more on colosseum, Venus. I spent like a whole night as an 8 y/o or something trying to beat her, I was fine with most of her team besides some horrible attract hax, but Suicune would not get in my balls (haha I know) and kept killing itself with shadow rush recoil.

Soft resetting before I knew it was a thing.

With all the mention of colosseum, I'm surprised no one mentioned the Orre colosseum. The hardest by far compared to any trainer even the battle tower.

Heh, I had forgotten about the Orre Colosseum! Yes, it was quite hard, but I don't think it's quite up there with Battle Tower hard. Still, it was indeed difficult.

Well for battle tower and the Coloseum they both appear at the end game as optional so in terms of relative difficulty its up to you when you choose to take it on so the difficulty varies. On the other hand Garys eevee in yellow is the first battle you'll ever have and have no way other than grabbing the potion from your pc to prepare and is probably the only starter fight I can imagine anyone losing

1.Rocket in Mt. Moon with that Ratticate with Hyper Fang
"Oh look a Rocket, easy money."
Gets swept.
2. North of Vermillion City there is a trainer who has a high level Buttefree with Sleep Powder and Supersonic, and he does not follow Sleep Clause.
3. Whitney's Miltank, sans Machop.
4. Claire was pretty tough, because you just kinda breeze through the few gyms before her with ease and then BAM she hits you like a brick wall. Not having type advantage against her Kingdra really hurts too.
6. Red, dem levels.
6.Flannery with her OP Overheat Torkoal, depending on your team structure.
7.A multitude of bastards from Pokemon Stadium, mainly that one guy who used Double Team and Minimize on all his Pokemon. The fact that you can only use rentals has a lot to do with this as well.
As you can see, I don't play much of the newer generations

From what I remember of the games:

RBY: ... too far back can't remember anything
GSC: Whitney and her damn Miltank
RSE: Norman and his two Slakings. I remember being overjoyed when I finally beat the first one which resulted in a few team losses for me only to struggle again with the next one. I only level grind for the elite 4 so I was slightly under-prepared for him, at least during my first playthrough.
DPPl: I had a bit of trouble against Cynthia because her team is almost perfect and my team wasn't versatile enough.
HGSS: Whitney and later Red.
BW/BW2: Lenora, I think I had a hard time with her watchdog for some reason.

BW/BW2: Lenora, I think I had a hard time with her watchdog for some reason.
Hypnosis, I believe. I didn't really struggle with this myself, but a friend of mine struggled against that thing for so long. The fact that it can also hit with a powerful Retaliate right after her Herdier goes down can also be a pain.

I remember people saying Lenora should have a bouffalant before BW came out. That Watchog was bad enough because it could hit hard and put you to sleep. If she had a Bouffalant you'd have to abuse Sawk and his sturdy ability to beat it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)