Hardest Relative NPC

The orre colloseum in pokemon XD was a pain.
Honourable mention for me goes to watson (Unless i picked torchic it would take me multiple times every playthough to beat him)

I did not use a Honedge, and I fared just fine (I even beat Korrina first time).
I was quoting someone who lost to a Hawlucha in Reflection Cave. He was the one that needed a Honedge.

I had a Delphox and Talonflame on Korrina. Delphox took 10 damage the entire battle. From Mienfoo's Fake Out.

I know people have said it in this thread already, but if you are not ready for Inverse, he will fuck you up.

I used a newly bred team of level 61-63 mons against Inverse.

My Mienshao? KO'd by Bisharp Night Slash after a missed Stone Edge.

My Manectric? OHKO'd by Steelix's Iron Tail.

I was not expecting this level of resistance.

I wonder if I was the only one who had a problem with CYnthia's Milotic in Platinum that loved to do Mirror Coat.

I found Sabrinas Espeon quite tough in HG/SS as its got so much power and its not that long after the elite four so you would not of had much of a chance to level up yet.

also in HG/SS the level increase between Pryce and Clair is so drastic that you may be underleveled when you play her as there is not much grinding opportunities between her unless you fight 100s of wild pokemon lol.

Bryce strongest was 34 and clairs was 41.

then the level increase between Claire and Elite 4 is drastic again.

since victory road has weak type pokemon XP wise it takes a lot of effort to be around level 50 for Lance. (That was one of the more frustrating elements of HG/SS the level spikes in short periods of time between major NPCs)

Tomy

I COULD BE BANNED!
The whole Level curve in HG/SS is terrible, period. Clair wouldn't be that hard if there were wild pokemon with decent level (early 30's). Her Kingdra is on steroids, but actually I destroyed it with my Water Absorb Quagsire (level 38 or so). However, she and Whitney are true challenges. Honorable mention to Morty who isn't a piece of cake.

I think that the reason Johto has such a crap level curve is because you can go to Mahogany town immediately after beating Morty, which means that the mons you encounter are more like 4 badge level mons, when in reality you have 6 or 7 badges at that point.

I still don't know why Game Freak did this; maybe they wanted to give the player more choice instead of forcing them down a path, but one path that should be forced in my opinion is the order in which you challenge gyms.

And on the subject of Clair: The last time I challenged her, she was still brutal, but my Meganium was able to wall her Kingdra because of Reflect/Light Screen being up, and stall the PP out of all of her attacks, making me able to spam Magical Leaf for the win.

Last edited:
I wonder if I was the only one who had a problem with CYnthia's Milotic in Platinum that loved to do Mirror Coat.
My friend brought a high-leveled Lugia. He failed to KO it and got KOed back. I never had problems with that thing though.

I found Sabrinas Espeon quite tough in HG/SS as its got so much power and its not that long after the elite four so you would not of had much of a chance to level up yet.
You can take her later if you want, just skip her until you're ready. I remember I charged into Surge with Feraligatr and Gyarados...not a good idea.

also in HG/SS the level increase between Pryce and Clair is so drastic that you may be underleveled when you play her as there is not much grinding opportunities between her unless you fight 100s of wild pokemon lol.

Bryce strongest was 34 and clairs was 41.

then the level increase between Claire and Elite 4 is drastic again.

since victory road has weak type pokemon XP wise it takes a lot of effort to be around level 50 for Lance. (That was one of the more frustrating elements of HG/SS the level spikes in short periods of time between major NPCs)
There's a lot of people who will call you over the Pokegear for a rematch, which really helps. And I soloed the entire Elite Four with a lv. 40 Feraligatr and a bunch of Hyper Potions, Max Ethers, and X-Items once.

Flanery was a pain in the ass in RSE if you have Trecko or Torchic. There just aren't good water Pokemon and I don't really fancy the ground-types out there.

Also the classic Whitney. Such pain. Much Drink Milk. So Evil. Wow.

Flanery was a pain in the ass in RSE if you have Trecko or Torchic. There just aren't good water Pokemon and I don't really fancy the ground-types out there.

Also the classic Whitney. Such pain. Much Drink Milk. So Evil. Wow.
Flannery: Calm Mind+Double Team Gardevoir is your friend. Also Sand-Attackers.

Whitney: Use. A. Dratini. Or alternatively trade a Drowsee for a Machop in the Department Store. I've never lost to Whitney, not even before I learned to play Voltorb Flip.

The orre colloseum in pokemon XD was a pain.
Honourable mention for me goes to watson (Unless i picked torchic it would take me multiple times every playthough to beat him)
Oh yeah ...that colosseum, I traded mons for my Emerald to beat it .It's very challenging, I just beat the Lovrina's round with my in game team, but the Snattle round was imposible for me. Just notice that Shedinja can helps a lot to beat it, seriously!

I'm putting together a team for PBR in Platinum right now, and since I'm using Tailwind, I have to do a lot of BP grinding in the Battle Factory in HG. (The tutor is only in HGSS, and Tailwind costs 48 BP.)

This introduced me to the pain that is Psychic Beta. I don't know how he does it, but he ALWAYS has counters to my team. (Dodrio and Electabuzz? Lunatone and Sealeo. And Electabuzz got freeze hax'd.) Probably 80% of my losses are to this guy.

Last edited:
In GS Whitneys Miltank was too much and back then I really wasn't that great either so that just added to the pain. Also Red just kicked ass

Orre Colosseum was such a pain, I remember only using purified pokemon from the main game; seriously, I used crap like Delcatty but still made it past like 4 rounds... I didn't know how to transfer back then. ;_;

<3 Gale of Darkness, though.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Im part way through xy and so far it has been easy. I didnt know korrina was hard till i read these comments, i beat her mienfoo with a binacle. The Machoke and halwucha where swept by my underleved exeggute (admittedly she did mis a flying press). The grass gym was ubeliavably easy, i didnt even use charizard and i was switch training exeggutor (i was killing them with round from greninja). Electric gym is easy so far (dispite 3/4 of mine are weak, but i havent played the leader).
What was hard, the throh and halwucha. My friend lost to them (so did i) he went back after beeting korrina and still lost, idk how but...

Norman has always been hard. The worst had to be Winona and her stupid altaria, i always used magneton, which swept mostly, the her altaria knows earthquake, sometimes i leveled up and evolved a trapinch just to beat her (when you get there, you are a bit underleveled). Was it just me or did you suddenly become hugely underlevelled when you play tate and liza, although they die to a surf...

I played a lot of red, misty was hard if you got charmander (brock was just effort), otherwise the e4 get wrecked by your overlevelled starter, 1-3 legandary birds, and another which you kind of train that you got from the start but is level 40. (or maybe an electric type if you dont have zapdos)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)