Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Misty Explosion
- Endeavor
- Yawn
- Sticky Web

Slurpuff is a fantastic leader and if you play it right, it can cripple a team right from the start. Sticky Webs is a powerful utility move that if kept on the field might tip the game in your favor. Once the opponent has webs on their side, go for yawn, chances are they will try to switch out and then you can prevent the defogger from defogging, go for yawn until the attack. If you are lucky enough to be at low health or sash, endeavor is your best friend. Once the enemy has been brought to low health with endeavor, misty explosion all the way.

Sneak (Dragapult) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch
- Dragon Dance

This is probably your late game sweeper, some people give it other held items but I find sash to be the most reliable. Sash allows you to get a Dragon Dance off and then Phantom Force or Darts for massive STAB damage. Sucker Punch is more for control in case something is faster than you but already suffered chip damage. You might could substitute Dragon Darts for Outrage if you want that raw damage more and don't care about the possible confusion after.

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog

This is your defogger and defensive wall. I like U-Turn over Toxic because pivoting is pretty nice for a team with good offensive prowess. Foul Play is good against physical set-up sweepers (Please make a special version of this Pokemon company). Roost is good to keep Mandi healthy and able to defog again if needed. That's about it for this mon.

1620311343421.png

Curious George (Rillaboom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out

This set is pretty good as a pivot but also as a pretty hard hitter. Fake Out is there to get some chip off and waste a turn if need be. Drain Punch plus life orb is great for recovery and dealing with those pesky annoying steel types like heatran and ferrothorn. Grassy Glide is a no brainer, dealing effectively with rain teams and then being able to do neutral decent damage to almost everything else you don't have a move to counter.

1620313384872.png

Head Trauma (Slowking-Galar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Future Sight
- Flamethrower
- Scald

With Mandi being the Defensive wall, I figured it'd be good to have a Special Defense wall that could also recover with Regenerator. I prefer Sludge Wave over Sludge Bomb for more damage even if it is just a little bit. Flamethrower for coverage. Scald to deal with Heatran some and to burn other physical attackers perhaps. Future Sight is super helpful in dealing massive damage after a bit. This could allow Dragapult or Celesteela to set up.

1620315028306.png

The Hope (Celesteela) @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Meteor Beam
- Autotomize

Here is the star of the show. This is probably my favorite setup sweeper, very few people expect it because Celesteela's moveset is kind of all over the place. Meteor Beam is pretty dang good on its own but when combined with double speed its power is a force not to be ignored. Air slash is great for coverage, STAB, and even good flinch chance. Flamethrower is to deal with steel types that try to counter this. Watch out for Heatran though. You might could change out Air Slash or Flamethrower for Earthquake if it gives you a ridiculous amount of trouble.

Threats: Heatran appears to be the biggest threat to this team
Lando-T might give some troubles, just keep Rillaboom alive if possible

Feel free to provide feedback and changes :}

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hello, neat team you got here. webs is always a fun playstyle to pilot despite its shortcomings. i want to give you some quick advice to help improve the build. i feel like you got a little lost at the tail end of the build as you kind of diverge from webs as a concept. ill fix that for you. ill also fix up the sets for you and give you an idea for your tran mu. dont worry i intend to keep the celesteela as you said you liked the mon:).

minor changes

:dragapult::focus-sash: -> :dragapult::life-orb:
id highly recommend running orb instead of focus sash on ddpult here. it just has a lot more immediate power which can be really nice on this playstyle. Alternatively you can go weakness policy with thrower over sucker but i consider this set less consistent on webs. you can run either clear body or infiltrator honestly but for the sake of this rate im going to lean towards clear body to help you deal with lando better

:rillaboom:
im just going to make a slight change to your rillaboom set to this one. sd 3 atks just works way better on ho builds. you can run cb too and probably have the same success as you would with sd 3atks but there is situations where being more free to click coverage on ho can win you the game so im going to settle on sd 3 atks.

big changes

:mandibuzz: -> :bisharp:
defiantless webs is pretty, well, not very good. defiant is such a important part of how webs functions, being able to scare things into not clicking defog. if they do click defog youre pretty much guaranteed to get a kill. im choosing bisharp instead of gapdos for the reason that bisharp does not need to rely on the defiant boost like gapdos does. being able to break through fat teams without the need of defog head games. spamming can also be useful for you to take boots off of a couple mons, letting more things get the speed decrease from webs.

:slowking-galar: -> :garchomp:
biggest change and this might come out of left field for you. galar king isnt a very good pick for webs because its slow as balls. your team needed a couple things to glue it together as well, such as; a ground type, heatran check and another webs abuser. i decided to go garchomp, it filling those roles and probably being the best sweeper we have in the tier. lefties garchomp allows it to have a bit of longevity to face heatran & paired with grassy terrain lets chomp to get quite a bit of recovery. be wary of clicking eq in the terrain though. im using fire fang on garchomp to hit corviknight.

other options

:slurpuff: -> :shuckle:
this is all up to you. slurpuff is cool and im going to keep it on for the sake of the rate but you can switch to shuckle. shuckle is overall the better webs setter, having more longevity and having stealth rocks.

importable
:slurpuff::celesteela::dragapult::rillaboom::garchomp::bisharp:

apologies that this isnt really a extensive rate, ho is pretty straightforward to build. if you have any further questions please dm me here on smogon. enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)