Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Shard
---
Needed a fast lead that hit hard. Scarfswine happens to be cool. Earthquake is the main attack, with Ice Fang for anything else. Ice Shard for ScarfChomp/Ninjask. Stone Edge nails Gyarados in the face. Standard I suppose. Outruns base 115s.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP/136 Def/16 Spd/104 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Metal Sound
---
The best variant of Mag3. Beats Cresselia and Steel types. Also outspeeds Swampert and KOs with Hidden Power [Grass]. Can also beat Blissey.

Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/160 Spd/96 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
---
Revenge killer. Does its job. Pursuit gets retreaters like Gengar. Super Power hits a lot of the types Dark does not. Boltbeam for shits and giggles.

Tauros (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Return
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
---
Late game. Sub till you get to Liechi and sweep. Zen Headbutt is replaceable, but I cannot really see what would work over it.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Yawn
- Surf
---
Takes the physical hits. Also beats Garchomp, I think anyway. Yawn is phaze/sleep, Slack Off is obvious recovery.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP/40 Spd/16 SAtk/200 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Lava Plume
---
"Special Wall." Has pretty good defensive stats. I will probably run Hidden Power [Ice] or Dragon Pulse over Earth Power, to make it a good switch in to Specsmence.

scarfswine and magnezone seem to be what you should focus on so let's make sure you can take out stuff like infernape /hera/luke that can really threaten both

you could add starmie over slobro since if you're revenge killing shit with deoe the residual damage is gonna start adding up. tb for gyara who can be a problem if he carries eq (alot of gyaras are going eq wf if al out offense these days so)

so we have starmie zone scarf mamo and deoe. tauros is probably the next to go tbh, it's not like you need any more hera weaks. gliscor seems like the right pokemon (i find myself suggesting him all over the place e__e;) to stop hera/luke.

on deoe i woulndt bother with pursuit especially without any spikes, since heatran "handles" gengar.
i dont really use him that often but i'd rather a reliable way to revenge kill nape/hera over pursuit

Run Psycho Boost>Thunderbolt on Deoxys-E? That gives me some revenge killing abilties for Heracross.

Would Gyarados still be hit hard enough by Psycho Boost to give a effective revenge kill for it?

nope, but starmie is just about the most reasonable switchin on gyara there is this side of tangrowth/poliwrath

See, I am still not certain about Starmie. I would have nothing to switch into Earthquakes, as I have no resists. I could run Hidden Power [Electric] on Slowbro, maybe over Surf. Is a STAB honestly that nessecary?

well i did suggest gliscor.. and resttalk zapdos over tran is another idea although celebi becomes a problem.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Why don't you go with this set?
Deoxys E @ Life Orb
Naive
252 Sp Att, 186 Att, 72 Speed
T-Bolt
Ice Beam
Superpower
Psychic/Psycho Boost/Grass Knot

I don't see a reason to go with the set you are currently using. 1. Superpower @ Life Orb from any Deoxys set fails to OHKO Bliss. With this set you do roughly 70-75%. Boltbeam for the obvious reasons, no need to make one physical, one not... From my experience Gengars stay in to Deoxys E so Psychic/Psycho Boost is a better option then Pursuit plus it's gonna get Stab for when you just wanna pound the shit out of something. Grass Knot is a KO on both Swampert and Mamo. The EVs given reach 455 Speed, allowing it to outrun the Garchomp you are most likely encounter, Scarfchomp (reaches 454). This thing functons not only as Revenge Killer but also transitions into Sweeper.

On Tauros, I prefer Rock Slide over Zen Heatbutt as it offers somewhat better coverage. Poison types get hit by Earthquake alreadyones like Crobat can be taken care of with Rock Slide- you're not going to wan to keep Tauros in on Weezing anyway.
Also, this is an option, since you are going with Substitute on Tauros regardless, if you go with Anger Point you've got like 25% chance per game of activating +6 Attack, coupled with a Salac Berry = GG. Just an idea to throw in...

I see problems possibly occurring with Magnezone w/o HP Ice since many will switch in Garchomp, but HP Grass will obviously deal with Swampert if you think you can handle Garchomp and the likes.

To be perfectly honest I too suggest Starmie over Slowbro. Your team seems to be fast paced and SLOWbro will only slow it down. Slowbro is pretty much deadweight on this team because it doesn't have the capability to deal damage back. Starmie has a variety of attacking moves and can reliably take out Gyarados, possibly after a Dragon Dance. Furthermore, it has access to not one, but two instant recovery moves: Recover and Rest (quite usable with Natural Cure); and can function as a spinner if need be (none of your team is taking too much damage from Staelth Rocks as your Rock weak happens to be your lead.

With a little tweaking this can be a fine team. Good luck to you!

Why don't you go with this set?
Deoxys E @ Life Orb
Naive
252 Sp Att, 186 Att, 72 Speed
T-Bolt
Ice Beam
Superpower
Psychic/Psycho Boost/Grass Knot

Because that will not help me with revenge killing. It also does not outrun Scarfgar, which is why I used so much speed.

On Tauros, I prefer Rock Slide over Zen Heatbutt as it offers somewhat better coverage. Poison types get hit by Earthquake alreadyones like Crobat can be taken care of with Rock Slide- you're not going to wan to keep Tauros in on Weezing anyway.
Also, this is an option, since you are going with Substitute on Tauros regardless, if you go with Anger Point you've got like 25% chance per game of activating +6 Attack, coupled with a Salac Berry = GG. Just an idea to throw in...

I prefer Intimidate to make it a lot easier to switch in. Considering this is for late game anyway, Anger Point is an option. I prefer Zen Headbutt or Pursuit for Gengar to be honest.

I see problems possibly occurring with Magnezone w/o HP Ice since many will switch in Garchomp, but HP Grass will obviously deal with Swampert if you think you can handle Garchomp and the likes.

I think Slowbro handles Garchomp well enough, and at the worst Mamoswine or Deoxys-E can revenge it.

To be perfectly honest I too suggest Starmie over Slowbro. Your team seems to be fast paced and SLOWbro will only slow it down. Slowbro is pretty much deadweight on this team because it doesn't have the capability to deal damage back. Starmie has a variety of attacking moves and can reliably take out Gyarados, possibly after a Dragon Dance. Furthermore, it has access to not one, but two instant recovery moves: Recover and Rest (quite usable with Natural Cure); and can function as a spinner if need be (none of your team is taking too much damage from Staelth Rocks as your Rock weak happens to be your lead.

Why is it deadweight on the team? It has the same base S.Atk as Starmie, with more Defence and HP. Yeah, two recovery moves are needed right? Slack Off is perfectly fine. I have no Rock weaks, as Mamoswine only takes Neutral. I am pretty certain that Gyarados is not 2HKOing Slowbro after one Dragon Dance, in which case it is going to get Yawned, although I was contemplating using Hidden Power [Electric] somewhere. I have no need for a spinner either, as Spikes and Stealth Rock pose no threat, and Toxic Spikes can be worked around.

With a little tweaking this can be a fine team. Good luck to you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)