Having Trouble with the Shoddy/Team Uber Server...

Hi, I have had Shoddy Battle on my Mac computer for a few months now, and as of now I've been having trouble logging into the Shoddy Server. When I try and log in, as I click the log in button, it seems like it's broken and not working, and I can't enter the server. I then registered on a bunch of different servers, and they all worked perfectly fine except for Team Uber Server and the Smogon University server. I have been able to type text, play matches, observe matches, and pretty much do everything normally on that server, but I can't log in into the others. Help would be appreciated, thanks.

I never posted about it, but I've this same exact problem for months, ever since I downloaded shoddy; so don't say it means the server is down. Other servers, such as the CAP server or Pokemonexperte, work perfectly fine. This may or may not be related to the problem, but I think the servers that don't work for me have a port of 50000? If this problem remains unsolved, I was hoping the release Shoddy Battle 2 may solve it, but that's just grasping at straws.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
This may or may not be related to the problem, but I think the servers that don't work for me have a port of 50000?
If this is the case, you might have some very strange firewall settings prohibiting outgoing connections to ports over some arbitrary threshold value. It's hard to imagine why any firewall would prevent this, though. Nonetheless it might be worth exploring your firewall settings. In particular, if you are behind a router, it should be safe to disable your firewall temporarily to test if these servers start working.

Hmmm, after messing around with my firewall, I found an entry in the firewall log right after clicking the log in button.
Jul 17 23:15:56 My-macbook Firewall[37]: Shoddy Battle is listening from ::ffff:0.0.0.0:0 uid = 501 proto=6
Jul 17 23:17:18 my-macbook Firewall[37]: Deny nmblookup data in from 192.168.1.8:137 uid = 0 proto=17

There also was a really long console command, in which I couldn't copy and paste so eh. It looks like a firewall problem, but my macbook has the setting on "allow all incoming connections" :(

I have the same problem. It just started today, and it's never happened to me before. I use a Mac too - guess I'll look. What firewall do you use?

Hmmm...Someone was mentioning that their was a way to set up the firewall to allow port 5000, but sadly they could only figure it out on a PC. I honestly just have the standard firewall (Forgive me if there is no standard firewall, I am serious noob when it comes to firewalls) and haven't messed around withh it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)