Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Accepted by Arcticblast

Welcome to Haxmons!

Haxmons is a unique tier which features quite special mechanics, that promote battling in a new and interesting way.
In haxmons, three things are changes to general Mechanics, all of these are generally called "Hax".
1. All moves that can miss, will miss.
2. All moves will land a Critical Hit.
3. All secondary effects will activate.

Even though this looks like a really haxy metagame, as you would expect. It is actually a metagame with relatively less hax, as now the old 'hax', isn't hax anymore as you're sure it will occur.
However, the fact that all moves are stronger and have extra effects, forces you to adapt, think about what you can afford to miss and about your risks, both while battling and teambuilding. As if your opponent has a counter to your Pokemon and it can get in safely and you can't counter it yourself, it will do major damage. This creates a very new way of battling in a more strategic way.
Usually Haxmons battles consist of short battles, ranging from 10 to 30 turns. They are fast-paced and exciting, in which you'll have a lot of mind games and predictions, as one good prediction can win you the game. You'll have to think differently in what you can afford to lose and what you can afford to risk, as you don't want to create a hole in your team, which your opponent can abuse to sweep right through you.

Versions:
Generation 5: A higher-paced version, with Critical Hits doing more damage, being more different!
Generation 6: A lower-paced version, with Status being very dominant, while not as different as the Generation 5 Variant, it's just as fun!

Tips and Tricks:
Priority: With the damage increase, Priority can revenge Pokemon way more easily and sometimes sweep through teams.
Battle Armor/Shell Armor: Both abilities prevent Critical Hits, so if you have this ability, you have the nifty ability to wall a lot of the metagame, especially as mostly lesser Base Power moves are used, as lower BP ones usually have more side effects, or are able to miss.
Inner Focus: A great ability that is able to counter an overwhelming part of the Metagame, namely flinches. Good choices are Dragonite, Lucario and Kangaskhan.
AncientPower, Ominous Wind and Silver Wind: Isn't a +1 in all stats enough?
Shedinja: While it's usually useless, it is now a very save Pokemon against a lot of Pokemon, just because they can't hit it, while their usually counters are beaten by either the extra power, or the secondary effects, the general lack of Hazards and the fact that most Status moves miss, help it too, watch out for Burns though.
We'll add more later!

Banlist:
King's Rock: The fact that it lets every move flinch is too strong, it's nearly unstoppable when paired with priority.
Razor Fang
Stench

Clauses:
Ubers are banned.
Evasion abilities are banned.
Freeze clause is in effect.

IRC

Threatlist/Viability Rankings: Coming Soon

If there is any problem, or you have any suggestion with this OP, start a conversation with me, Snaquaza and I'll try to fix it.

Have fun everyone in this amazing, refreshing metagame!

Last edited:
Go! Lucario!
Lucario used Dark Pulse!
(Pokemon) flinched!
Lucario used Dark Pulse!
(Pokemon) flinched!
Lucario used Dark Pulse!
(Pokemon) flinched!
Lucario used Dark Pulse!
(Pokemon) flinched!
Lucario used Dark Pulse!
(Pokemon) flinched!

This needs to be nerfed or something.

Otherwise cant wait to trick my friends into accidentally playing this.

or better yet

togekiss used air slash
(Pokemon)Flinched!
togekiss used air slash
(Pokemon)Flinched!
togekiss used air slash
(Pokemon)Flinched!
trainer quits the battle

so i was derping in the server and i realised another way to break the meta

prankster liepard/purrloin sand attack. cant touch this yo

alternatively prankster sableye flash

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so i was derping in the server and i realised another way to break the meta

prankster liepard/purrloin sand attack. cant touch this yo

alternatively prankster sableye flash
Luckily the mechanics work in a way that a move will always hit if it can hit, so that BrightPowder won't be OP, nor what you just mentioned

I will put most of these answers in the OP

With moves like lock-on, will the following attack still miss? Also, items like Quick Claw, will all moves go first, or do items not apply?

I played this a little while back on Tervari, and it was really nice to play (I got wrecked with my standard OU team though). I do recommend it.

Snaquaza

KACAW
With moves like lock-on, will the following attack still miss? Also, items like Quick Claw, will all moves go first, or do items not apply?

I played this a little while back on Tervari, and it was really nice to play (I got wrecked with my standard OU team though). I do recommend it.
Yes, as it increases accuracy to 100%, and Quick Claw doesn't always make you move first, AFAIK only King's Rock and other flinching items work, thus are banned.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Played it on Tervari, it's a lot of fun, Needa plan the team pretty well. Love the tier :D

Last edited:
does hone claws allow the pokemon to hit with sub-100% accurate moves? not sure if you have any time for setup with flinch and freeze everywhere, but oh well

Snaquaza

KACAW
does hone claws allow the pokemon to hit with sub-100% accurate moves? not sure if you have any time for setup with flinch and freeze everywhere, but oh well
Nope, if a move has less than 100% accuracy and is not changed to exactly 100 by a certain effect (No Guard, Lock On, ETC.) It will still miss (like at +Acc) also with Hustle all moves will always miss unless it's perfect Accuracy

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Nope, if a move has less than 100% accuracy and is not changed to exactly 100 by a certain effect (No Guard, Lock On, ETC.) It will still miss (like at +Acc) also with Hustle all moves will always miss unless it's perfect Accuracy
I think what he's asking is, if a move's accuracy is raised to 100+ via hone claws, and it was less than 100 originally, would it hit?

Snaquaza

KACAW
I think what he's asking is, if a move's accuracy is raised to 100+ via hone claws, and it was less than 100 originally, would it hit?
I mean, that if a move is set to ALWAYS hit, while it wouldn't normally, it will hit (AKA No Guard, Lock On), but if it's just raised, it will look to the original accuracy, and will notify that it has to set it to 0%, which makes it miss.

wow ok, rip durant

some pokemon that are screwed over:

darkrai: two very important moves, dark void and focus miss, are effectively rendered useless in this meta, so he's stuck with the all amazing dark pulse (which is pretty broken, at least). that said, he still gets boltbeam and 125 speed, so he might still be pretty ridiculous.

skymin: loses everything, from seed flare, to air slash, and leech seed. i guess earth power and psychic are still acceptable substitutes, but skymin ironically finds himself screwed out of the one metagame that was meant to make everybody mini-skymin. and he's stuck with a useless ability too. i'd say unban skymin.

any pokemon that needs physical rock coverage is fucked as their option is now limited to the almighty smack down. in fact, SR would probably rise in usage, as a needed substitute for the loss of rock moves besides ancientpower, power gem and smack down. its also a good way to check shedinja.

battle/shell armor is a great ability but all the users are pretty meh: the only ones immune to freeze are lapras and cloyster, both of which can be fallen with a quick thunderbolt to the face.

Snaquaza

KACAW
People are already worrying a lot about flinches, like always, so I'll give some ways to handle flinches
1. Inner Focus
Lucario is a good bet when you want to counter flinches, it can easily bring your target from a winning to losing condition if Lucario is able to set up, which it can on most Flinch abusers. Not only does Lucario have resistances to most common flinching moves, it also has Swords Dance, Work Up, Nasty Plot and Agility to sweep with it's own Dark Pulse or priority.
Dragonite is not as reliable as Lucario, but it's still a good way to turn the match around, with access to better bulk than Lucario and a great movepool including Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Dragon Dance and Extremespeed, it can easily give you the match.
Kangaskhan, not as popular as the above two and for a reason, but on average very underrated. It has decent speed, but most importantly, access to Fake Out, which lets it safely revenge kill a lot of popular Pokemon. Other than that, it gets STAB on high powered moves like Double Edge and has access to the elemental punches. However it has to wear a Life Orb as it will be pretty weak without, so it loses the chance to use other great items like Focus Sash (yes that's a good item here, believe me) and it's stats are kind of average.
2. Priority
Scizor, while already famous in OU, it might be even better in Haxmons. It's Bullet Punch reaches incredible power when it lands a Critical Hit, even OHKO's some Pokemon that resist it! Other than that, it has other good moves like U-Turn and Superpower, even though you are usually better off just firing some Bullet Punches. Above of that, does it's above decent bulk let it survive most neutral hits.
Weavile, while not that great in general battling, it does an amazing job in Haxmons. It has the amazing combination of Fake Out and Ice Shard and mixed with it's 120 Attack, makes it a good revenge killer. It can also freeze Pokemon really quickly with Ice Punch and trap them with Pursuit. This together makes Weavile really dangerous. Although it has below average bulk, which lets it survive few attacks even neutral ones, however it's standard item, Focus Sash makes up for that a bit.

Toxicroak, a Pokemon known for being especially useful in rain teams. While this is still the case in Haxmons, it is also really viable outside them as a Priority sweeper or as a revenger. It has access to the deadly Fake Out and gets both Sucker Punch and Vacuum Wave to get a nearly unresisted (in Gen 5 Haxmons) combination of Priority. It also has access to Ice Punch to freeze Pokemon, which is always great. However it's bulk is below average and it usually wants to carry a Life Orb for more power and to take advantage of possible rain. But don't let this set you off, it's still a great Pokemon who swept many teams.
3. Miscellaneous
Shedinja, a Pokemon regarded as horrible and nooby in normal battling, is surprisingly good in Haxmons, with double Priority in Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak, a lack of hazards or the time to set them up and the lowered accuracy of most moves it hates, it gets a huge boost. Additionally it has the ability to 100% counter a lot of Pokemon, which include some flinching moves (most importantly Extrasensory), which is unique and very viable. Be sure to be prepared for Sheddy as you'll usually need to damage it twice, without getting killed by a boosted priority move or getting walled!

This does not say these are all the viable options, the tier is ever changing and a lot is viable, so go do research and surprise with new Pokemon!

Note: This is mainly on experience in Gen 5 Haxmons, it might be slightly outdated for gen 6.

Later I'll make a longer threatlist, with also abilities and items included.

Last edited:
Cool concept!

Do multi-strike moves always hit the max number of times as well? It would seem fitting to me.
Focus Band is broken as hell and should be banned.
Quick Claw looks very powerful.
Razor Fang works the same way as King's Rock, so it should be banned.

this may seem dumb, but how do you stop a sashed deo speed from freezing or killing 2 mons at the beginning of the battle with ice punch. do you have to get lucky with thawing quickly or do you have to use priority? it seems that it will always get at least one freeze every game with a sash

Snaquaza

KACAW
Cool concept!

Do multi-strike moves always hit the max number of times as well? It would seem fitting to me.
Focus Band is broken as hell and should be banned.
Quick Claw looks very powerful.
Razor Fang works the same way as King's Rock, so it should be banned.
Currently Multistrike moves, Focus Band and Quick Claw don't always have their special effect/always hit, but they might be added later.
Razor Fang is already banned but I forgot it's name when I posted this thread.

Edit: Jvasss, you can use Priority yes, but also Ice types, Sun (prevents freezes) or Shedinja, otherwise you could switch out to take advantage of the Freeze Clause, which limits one Pokemon to be frozen at a time (like Sleep Clause)

Scolipede
Ability: Speed Boost
- Steamroller (Rock Slide would've been better for coverage but it always misses in this meta)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Lolwut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)