Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

Ancient Power/Ominous Wind/Silver Wind seems super interesting, as it basically becomes untauntable +1 to everything. Charizard gets Ancientpower too, so both Mega Charizards can abuse that move to scary extents.
If the Mega Zards get banned, there's also Tinted Lens Yanmega with AncientPower and Silver Wind :pimp:

Speaking of Silver Wind, it pretty much makes Quiver Dance obsolete. The only disadvantage is that it has 8 PP as opposed to 32 (not that you're ever going to need that much).

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kabutops is a monster at +1 lol (and has Battle Armor)
Honestly, it's the closest thing to being broken IMO, after a few boosts it can outspeed anything, it's hard to kill after a boost and it has Ice Beam, Waterfall and Aqua Jet to hax your team out of the game

Poison is kinda bad in haxmons, considering every pokemon will be trying for quick and hard damage.

Superpower is usually preferred over Close Combat, since CC drops your SpD as well.
I'm pretty sure crits ignore lowered defense. Although if I'm wrong please correct me.
Also I don't have poison fang on my team I just wanted to point it out.

Status moves (or other passive damage) are pretty much required, due to the existence of focus band, correct?

Or is this item also banned?

And Paralysis should just have speed drop instead of having the possibility of full paralysis?

Just read the whole thread.
I did, but I was still a bit confused.

Is the goal to get rid of all possible hax, or just some of it?

And as for the items, I wasn't sure what consituted a secondary effect.

For example, King's Rock is on the banlist, despite that being the item's primary effect.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I did, but I was still a bit confused.

Is the goal to get rid of all possible hax, or just some of it?

And as for the items, I wasn't sure what consituted a secondary effect.

For example, King's Rock is on the banlist, despite that being the item's primary effect.
It adds the secondary effect for flinch to every move.

So how does the ability Shield Dust work in this meta? I'm sure those who use Ancient Power, Power-Up Punch, etc. still activate, but does the guarantee secondary effect on a Pokémon with Shield Dust get stopped or still activate?

If Shield Dust does work, then maybe Venomoth will have some great significance in Haxmons.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So how does the ability Shield Dust work in this meta? I'm sure those who use Ancient Power, Power-Up Punch, etc. still activate, but does the guarantee secondary effect on a Pokémon with Shield Dust get stopped or still activate?

If Shield Dust does work, then maybe Venomoth will have some great significance in Haxmons.
Shield dust: This Pokemon is not affected by the secondary effect of another Pokemon's attack.

so yeah, its not affected by any secondary effect, like stat drop by a move, or get Paralyze by Thunderbolt.

I'm pretty sure crits ignore lowered defense. Although if I'm wrong please correct me.
Also I don't have poison fang on my team I just wanted to point it out.
I believe the exact way that it works is critical hits ignore any stat changes that would lower your damage (so it ignores your atk drops and the opponent's def boosts).

I like how ice types actually have a defensive niche being immune to freeze, finally. And since every freeze move other than the 1/3 chance on Tri Attack/Nature power is ice typed, they are the best switchins. Water types with Scald work too, but the scald is obviously predictable.

Also, this looks fun:
Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly nature
Ability: Quick Feet
- Headbutt/Facade
- Crunch/Ice Punch
- Rest
- Snore/Sleep Talk

Basically, Toxic Orb activates Quick Feet, and then you have 418/458 speed depending on nature, 130 base attack, and stab crit Headbutt or Facade. Facade is twice as strong as Headbutt when poisoned, and Headbutt is for the flinch fun. Crunch hits ghosts super effective, while Ice Punch hits regularly and just freezes them. Rest stops Ursaring from being worn down too much, and you can burn the two sleep turns with Snore, since you're still under Quick Feet and Snore has a flinch chance. Sleep Talk prevents ghosts and scarfers from getting a free turn but you can get haxed by picking Rest.

Zebstrika - Unfortunately, that ursaring will get flinch-haxed by faster pokemon/threats. Also, it seems a bit too frail to take a critical hit...

pikabro said:
Yes, but Venemoth is probably a bit too frail to take a critical hit too...

Btw, i see that Kings rock is in the banlist. Well shouldn't razor claw be added to that too? It does the same thing as king's rock.

Last edited:
Priority and Choice Scarf is going to be more important then it used to.

Naturally speedy Ice Beam users can freeze pretty much anything, and then proceed to hit them with a strong coverage move.

And no more switching in a counter against a mon that has a freeze move, or else it's gonna get destroyed.

At least the Freeze Clause exists now.

I can also see Relic Song Moelotte becoming a thing, just for the damaging 100% sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)