National Dex Hazard Stack Mega Garchomp

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
So, I play nat dex whenever I am not in the mood to play ss ou mainly because two of my favorite mons from sm are here. I usually don't play it that much because hidden power is a thing and I hate that move but I do play it every now and then. I decided to just build one team because I don't play it very often and I built it around one of the mons that isn't in ss, Mega Garchomp. Even though this team sucks balls, it got me to around 1400 elo, which is where my ss ou rank is so I'm somewhat satisfied at my rank. Anyway, here's the team

:garchompite::sm/garchomp-mega::garchompite:
Sand Force
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Here's the mon I built the team around. If regular Garchomp is a terror with scale shot then its mega is a nightmare incarnate. The added bulk really makes a difference with Mega Chomp and it easily rips apart entire teams once it sds up. Even Gliscor ends up becoming scale shot fodder as long as its not carrying toxic and even if it does, Garchomp will most likely kill two or three more mons before the poison kills it

:toxic orb::sm/gliscor::toxic orb:
Poison Heal
244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Protect
- Earthquake

This mon I just wanted to be annoying. I couldn't really find any good non Corvinight defoggers so I just went with this one. I don't even know if this spread is that good but at least it gets some job done. That protect can really screw up some pokemon and it heals very fast. Toxic is to hit non steel type flyers and annoy them. Defog is to clear hazards while earthquake is well, earthquake

:leftovers::sm/heatran::leftovers:
Flash Fire
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

I've never been a fan of any fancy Heatran sets. I just found this on one of my random experiment battles before I played on smogon rules and this works very well. It doesn't die that easily because of protect and is a reliable stealth rocker. It can even annoy its own checks like Landorus and Garchomp with toxic. More importantly, it keeps rocks up against metal birds that would love to defog it while non metal birds get poisoned. Nothing much to say. I was just looking thru the list of mons I find reliable and this was among them so I picked it

:leftovers::sm/Ferrothorn::leftovers:
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

This pokemon is the incarnation of annoying and I gave it the moveset to be as annoying as possible. I don't exactly know what I hoped to accomplish with that ev spread. I just wanted it to have some slight spd. Thunder wave is to mess up annoying mons while the rest shouldn't really require explanation. It's fucking Ferrothorn. It's supposed to be annoying

:black sludge::sm/toxapex::black sludge:
Regenerator
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Speaking of annoying, I also decided to pick the beloved / hated mon that has ever existed. This mon is more obnoxious than rain dish Tentacruel under permanent rain and I love it. It's a reliable defensive mon and has toxic spikes just to add pressure for the opponent to defog. Haze is to stop any random setup attempts with scald only adding to the infuriation. Like with Ferrothorn, I just put in a random ev spread with dumping most of it in special defense

:choice specs::sm/tapu lele::choice specs:
Psychic Surge
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Well, the team was a bit too passive so I decided to put in the most reliable wall breaker I can think of, Tapu Lele. It's just a standard set with the expected moves, stabs and coverage. I really don't have much to say except this mon puts in a lot of work. Terrain boosted psychic stabs are scary especially when paired with Heatran to ward off any metal bugs

As I said, this is my first and only national dex team. When I made this team, I chose Mega Garchomp because I wanted to use it with its shiny new scale shot and I just picked the most reliable mons I ever used in sm, which are all of the other five and focused them on being annoying

Threatlist

Unless rng is fucking with me or I make any stupid plays, the biggest pain in the ass for me is none other than gamefreak's favorite lizard

:sm/charizard-mega-y:

I legit have no way to deal with this thing. It's fire stab under sun is ridiculous and for some reason gamefreak decided to give it fucking scorching sands so my Heatran is trash against it. If I can setup Garchomp before it comes in then this thing is dead but since I usually go rocks first, this thing is an absolute daytime nightmare

Well, any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Uh your formatting for the sets of ur mons are not not typed properly but that aside I like your team! I'm new to Nat Dex and this format seems really fun, with Z-moves and megas. The following are some minor changes I found in your team I hope you can find them useful.

:ss/tapu-lele: :choice-specs:

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

This is the Smogon Analysis I found for Specs Tapu Lele Nat Dex version and here it is. Instead of using 4 on Def, use it on HP. and instead of Focus Blast, use Hidden Power Fire.

:ss/gliscor: :toxic-orb:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpD / 24 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This is another Smogon Analysis I found for Gliscor. You don't need Toxic because of the Toxic Spikes that Toxapex provides, and just takes up a moveslot. Except for Mega Garchomp and Tapu Lele you don't have any offense, furthermore you have two steel types, which can be easily countered. And since this team is dependent on hazard stacking and wearing down your opponents, using Defog gets rid of them.

Last edited:

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
Even tho mega garchomp prefer HO, and that is usual best checks don't really care about stack hazard ( Corv, gliscor, other) this looks okay. Also, you forgot to share a past, it's harder to help you :(

:toxic orb::sm/gliscor::toxic orb:
Poison Heal
244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Protect
- Earthquake
You want to have more spdef for Heatran, as it's your only really switch-in, I think 76 is enough. Also, you have 0 speed, you kinda want enough for other Heatran or slow Landorus T. Protect isn't really useful, and healing is important for him, use roost.

:leftovers::sm/heatran::leftovers:
Flash Fire
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
You should give him a Z move, you don't have any, a Firium Z would allows you to bait Gliscor and kill it for chomp while still having rocks. It would also really improve your stall matchup.

:sm/charizard-mega-y:

I legit have no way to deal with this thing. It's fire stab under sun is ridiculous and for some reason gamefreak decided to give it fucking scorching sands so my Heatran is trash against it. If I can setup Garchomp before it comes in then this thing is dead but since I usually go rocks first, this thing is an absolute daytime nightmare
Toxapex is the best counter to CharY of the game.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
Having odd hp allows you to come one more time on Stealth Rock. HP fire depends on the needs of the team, both are good here.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Don't tell him to remove defog from his team

Paste : https://pokepast.es/daabcbd614f01b63

Quick Notes : Gave rough skin to chomp before mega, gave a real nature to Ferro
I did shit with quotes, ignore that

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Uh your formatting for the sets of ur mons are not not typed properly but that aside I like your team! I'm new to Nat Dex and this format seems really fun, with Z-moves and megas. The following are some minor changes I found in your team I hope you can find them useful.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

This is the Smogon Analysis I found for Specs Tapu Lele Nat Dex version and here it is. Instead of using 4 on Def, use it on HP. and instead of Focus Blast, use Hidden Power Fire.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost
- Swords Dance

This is another Smogon Analysis I found for Gliscor. You don't need Toxic because of the Toxic Spikes that Toxapex provides, and just takes up a moveslot. Except for Mega Garchomp and Tapu Lele you don't have any offense, furthermore you have two steel types, which can be easily countered. And since this team is dependent on hazard stacking and wearing down your opponents, using Defog gets rid of them.

Thanks. I legitimately forgot that hidden power still existed in this format. Although that would give up the ability to slam Heatran though but I'll see where that gets me

Removing defog isn't exactly an option as I keep running into other hazard stacking teams especially sticky web. I need some way to get rid of them otherwise I would just lose to those webs and for some reason, I keep running into them

Even tho mega garchomp prefer HO, and that is usual best checks don't really care about stack hazard ( Corv, gliscor, other) this looks okay. Also, you forgot to share a past, it's harder to help you :(

You want to have more spdef for Heatran, as it's your only really switch-in, I think 76 is enough. Also, you have 0 speed, you kinda want enough for other Heatran or slow Landorus T. Protect isn't really useful, and healing is important for him, use roost.

You should give him a Z move, you don't have any, a Firium Z would allows you to bait Gliscor and kill it for chomp while still having rocks. It would also really improve your stall matchup.

Toxapex is the best counter to CharY of the game.

Having odd hp allows you to come one more time on Stealth Rock. HP fire depends on the needs of the team, both are good here.

Don't tell him to remove defog from his team

Paste : https://pokepast.es/daabcbd614f01b63

Quick Notes : Gave rough skin to chomp before mega, gave a real nature to Ferro
I did shit with quotes, ignore that
Yeah sorry about that. I usually only make a pokepaste when I'm certain the team is the final one because I bookmark them. Oh and I just love the name of the paste lmao

Was never that big of a fan of z crystals but I guess I could give them a try in nat dex. Pex doesn't exactly counter Zard y these days. It has scorching sands which hurts Pex a lot. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll try them when I get untilted from this game

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
Oh and I just love the name of the paste lmao
uwu

Was never that big of a fan of z crystals but I guess I could give them a try in nat dex. Pex doesn't exactly counter Zard y these days. It has scorching sands which hurts Pex a lot. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll try them when I get untilted from this game
Z move are extremely strong, here it would allow to get a good matchup versus stall, which was hard until now, to get past gliscor really easily and to put pressure much more easily, since lele and chomp don't like to switch often on attack and are slows. Also, maybe you should get something for speed, first thing that come to mind with this types of team is Mega Lopunny, but you made the team with garchomp.
Also, max spdef pex take like 0 for Scorching sand, do a calc, and Y is really bad and checked by megachomp anyway.

Great team, I was testing it out for fun but after a while I found Garchomp slightly lacking as your team has a focus on hazard stacking. So I replaced it with Mega Sableye and I feel it improved dramatically.

Here is a replay (Toxapex outstalls Keldeo + Glowking in the 1st)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1343227530-9jh2tdi9swyn2mwrwtohs94nws18d93pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1343260691-61pk4drsefgg2jkaimokpiaf5nxkxqdpw

let me know if you want more replays, as I enjoy using the team :)

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Hidden Power: Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Nowno hey, sorry for the very late reply. I actually stopped playing pokemon for a few weeks due to tilt and I just came back about a week ago and finding decent battles in nat dex isn't exactly easy since I keep running into troll teams. It was only earlier where I found quite a good number of good teams and your suggested team really performs. I never knew z move Heatran hurts that much and that Gliscor is also very useful. Thanks again for the suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)