Heavy DragMag Offense :]]]

I'll start off with the TeamBuilding process then go into depth about each Pokemon and their roles / sets etc. (I apologize in advance if the explanations are too short as I did this on my phone and it may seem smaller on a computer than on a phone.)

When I first started I wanted to use some type of team that had Magnezone. A couple of ideas I had was semi-stall or rain team with Magnezone. I came across the DragMag play style and I had some suscess with the team I'm about to present. Let's get started shall we!

As said earlier I wanted to use Magnezone and I found Choice Specs Magnezone to be insanely powerful. So to start off this team I added Magnezone (duh!).

First thing that came to mind was it's x4 Ground weakness. I thought of many flying types that had a possibility of going with Magnezone to keep synergy with. I later thought that I could use Dragonite has it can cover one of the two dragons and the flying type. They also resist each other's weaknesses which I thought was great.

At this time I thought I could use some hazards to get some important KOs with Dragonite. I tried Skarmory in the spot at first but I didn't like the idea of stacking steels on my team. I decided to use Deoxys-Defense as it is a very very good lead and can guarantee at least a layer of Spikes and Stealth Rocks.

What I did here, I was kinda iffy about it but it seemed to work for now. I added Bisharp even though I didn't want to stack Steel types. Deo D and Bisharp is the best duo to me when dealing with Hazards and Defiant.

Next, I thought I can add another Dragon. On the ladder I have been seeing Quagsire quite a lot lately so I thought I can add Haxorus for the second and final dragon as Mold Breaker ignores Unaware, otherwise, Quagsire can be quite annoying.

I thought I could use a Mega that resist fighting and can sweep teams with ease. What does this job better than Mega Pinsir?

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

The star of the team. With Choice Specs attached this thing reaches almost 600 SAtk! It can break through most things including Steel types which it traps with Magnet Pull. Does an excellent job against a BB-Locked Talonflame, quad-resisting flying. It also handles it's checks on the switch such as Landorus-T and I with Flash Cannon as their special bulk isn't up to standard.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Having great bulk, and ability, Dragonite poses an amazing sweeper. With its ability Multiscale, out let's it tank a hit and activate Weakness Policy if the hit is SE. Dragon Claw serves as it's main STAB. I have been debating Fire Punch of Earthquake and decided to go with EQ for the reason being Heatran as it will wall Dragonite. ExtremeSpeed handles Talonflame allowing me to go first being +2 priority instead of +1. ExtremeSpeed is also good for revenge killing purposes against weakened sweepers that may threaten me.

Suggestions for Dragonite changes:

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spd
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

As said earlier this thing guarantees me at least Stealth Rocks and a layer of Spikes up. I made up my own unique set of EVs. 116 Speed allows Deoxys-D to Taunt standard Gliscor which runs 72 Speed EVs. Taunting the Gliscor helps as it cannot set up a Substitute and be annoying. Magic Coat is for Taunters and Thunder Waves that out speed such as Thundurus and Spore such as Breloom and Smeargle leads.
The 140 Defense EVs and Calm Nature evens out both defenses at 391 and I maxed out HP to support the defenses for a better chance of getting hazards up.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Bisharp is an excellent partner to Deoxys-Defense as it baits Defoggers to come in. Bisharp destroys most Defoggers thanks to Defiant giving it a free +2 Attack. Dark / Steel is great coverage especially with the Steel type Nerf. Bisharp can also handle one of the main Pokemon that threatens this team is Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar. It can outspeed it (No Boost) and KO with Life Orb STAB Iron Head.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab

The second Dragon to this DragMag offense and the best Dragon Dancer in my opinion. Getting Mold Breaker, coverage moves such as Poison Jab, this thing can break through almost anything. 220 Speed EVs allows me to out speed base 80 in its competitor Dragonite. The HP investment helps me tank a hit and allows me to set up Dragon Dance as Haxorus doesn't have the best bulk. As said earlier, this thing helps me solve my problems with Unaware Pokémon such as Clefable and Quagsire.

Suggestions for Haxorus Changes:

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect / Mirror Coat
- Rapid Spin

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

The best Mega Pokémon at the moment. This thing sweeps with such ease thanks to Aerialate. Standard move set. I used to run Hyper Cutter for Landorus-Therian switch-ins but I also learned that +1 can still OHKO it. Mega Pinsir can clean up the mess that is left and goes great with Magnezone as it deals with Zapdos, Skarmory, and Rotom-W which are all used to counter Mega Pinsir.

Changes either in Bold or Spoiler****

Last edited:
Perhaps replace one of ur dragons with a lati@s to have defog since u really need a fogger/spinner, and lati@s helps with the theme and keeps offensive pressure. It would also mean u have a physical and special dragon, not to mention pinsir hates rocks. Hope I gave something to ponder about :)

Last edited:
Perhaps replace one of ur dragons with a lati@s to have defog since u really need a fogger/spinner, and lati@s helps with the theme and keeps offensive pressure. It would also mean u have a physical and special dragon, not to mention pinsir hates rocks. Hope I gave something to ponder about :)
I have been thinking of swapping Dragonite as it isn't as beneficial as I thought unless I try to make it more Defensive than Offensive (Which probably won't happen). In due time, I probably would try Latias in its place as it still has great bulk, and does still keep offensive pressure.

Really solid. Cant anything wrong with this team really, except, I really would put Adamant on Dragonite. He needs the power. Unless you really want to outspeed Manectric, which I can understand. Fire Punch is cool, but these types of teams have problems with Heatran, so I don't even think 3 Earthquake users is even going overboard.

In my opinion, I'd put something on the team that can easily handle Zard X over Bisharp. After Zard X Dances once, he wrecks this team so bad. Just something to consider.

I hope you know who this is, by the way. Love you, buddy! Much Ludvisc.

I tend to have trouble with a lot of set up sweepers such as Zard X, Mega Gyarados etc. I didn't know what to switch out to prevent those that still goes well with Dragon Offense. I'll probably think of something. Thanks for the rate.

Hey just tried Latias it works good you could also scarf it with defog not the best of ideas but that could prevent zard x after 1 DD but if you were to scarf it i would use Latios

Last edited:
Hey just tried Latias it works good you could also scarf it with defog not the bests of ideas but that could prevent zard x after 1 DD but if you were to scarf it i would use Latios
Maybe a TrickScarf set consisting Defog?

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

I do think your team has one problem. It's called Sableye. With 4 physical attackers and Deoxys-D, the priority Will-O-Wisp and Taunt will hurt a lot, while you can't do a lot against it. I could be wrong, but if I were you, I would try to try to find a pokemon that also uses SpA. Jellicent will also hurt, who does the same as Sableye, but without Prankster, so you can outspeed him

I do think your team has one problem. It's called Sableye. With 4 physical attackers and Deoxys-D, the priority Will-O-Wisp and Taunt will hurt a lot, while you can't do a lot against it. I could be wrong, but if I were you, I would try to try to find a pokemon that also uses SpA. Jellicent will also hurt, who does the same as Sableye, but without Prankster, so you can outspeed him
Deo D cripples Sableye as Magic Coat goes before Taunt and it will just bounce back. Haxorus also has a Lum Berry so it will be fine for 1 Will-O-Wisp and just hit it hard with Outrage. I was thinking of Scarf Latios instead of Dragonite, I probably will make the adjustments soon.

Hey terrak, how's it going? I really like the fact that you are using lower usage Pokemon in OU, specifically Magnezone. One of the biggest problems I am seeing is also what others are seeing and that is lack of Rapid Spin on a team with two Pokemon weak to Stealth Rocks. Using Defog is a bad idea due to the fact that you have a lead Deoxys who wants to set up hazards and die. To discount his existence by simply washing all this hard work away is just rude. With your Haxorus set you are doing everything that Dragonite can do, just worse. The only thing he has over Dragonite is that Poison type coverage. Keldeo, Manaphy, and Azumarill are all troubling your team right now and you have no way of beating them NOR a Rapid Spin user. For all those reasons try running Tentacruel over Haxorus to stop those bulky Water types, Rapid Spin, and Toxic stalling is always nice. Yes I realize that one of your two Dragons are now gone, but the lack of Rapid Spin on a team like this was a bit irritating. Here is the set:
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect / Mirror Coat
- Rapid Spin

The EVs are standard defensive Tentacruel so there is no need to explain unless you need me to. Ability wise, you are outside of rain so Rain Dish is next to useless and you aren't boosting so Clear Body IS useless. Liquid Ooze also trolls Mega Venusaur and Conkeldurr which is always a plus. The move set I feel is pretty standard as well but I'll go into more detail with these. Scald is Tentacruel's main STAB because of the burn chance and perfect accuracy. Toxic is preferred over Toxic Spikes because Defog is way too common as well as Levitate/Flying type Pokemon. Protect is for Toxic stalling and scouting while Mirror Coat allows you to beat Aegislash, Gengar, and Keldeo mainly. Two obviously are spin blocking him while the last is too big a threat to not have an answer for. Rapid Spin is pretty much the entire reason Tentacruel is on the team. He aids Mega Pinsir and Dragonite by keeping rocks off the field enabling them to swap in more and do more damage.

Minor changes include your damn EV spreads >.> You know, should know anyway, that Pokemon that are weak to Stealth Rock or Pokemon that are using a Life Orb like to have an odd number of HP so they take less damage from Life Orb recoil and SR respectively. Remove the HP EVs on Bisharp, Dragonite, and Pinsir so you take 1% less damage in their correct scenario. What you place those 4 EVs in after they've been removed is irrelavant really, but more often than not they are placed into the defensive stat that is lower. Other than that I really didn't see too much wrong nor were there that many things that threatened the team. Good luck with the rest of the team breh and hit me up on PS if you need some more help.

Hey terrak, how's it going? I really like the fact that you are using lower usage Pokemon in OU, specifically Magnezone. One of the biggest problems I am seeing is also what others are seeing and that is lack of Rapid Spin on a team with two Pokemon weak to Stealth Rocks. Using Defog is a bad idea due to the fact that you have a lead Deoxys who wants to set up hazards and die. To discount his existence by simply washing all this hard work away is just rude. With your Haxorus set you are doing everything that Dragonite can do, just worse. The only thing he has over Dragonite is that Poison type coverage. Keldeo, Manaphy, and Azumarill are all troubling your team right now and you have no way of beating them NOR a Rapid Spin user. For all those reasons try running Tentacruel over Haxorus to stop those bulky Water types, Rapid Spin, and Toxic stalling is always nice. Yes I realize that one of your two Dragons are now gone, but the lack of Rapid Spin on a team like this was a bit irritating. Here is the set:
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect / Mirror Coat
- Rapid Spin

The EVs are standard defensive Tentacruel so there is no need to explain unless you need me to. Ability wise, you are outside of rain so Rain Dish is next to useless and you aren't boosting so Clear Body IS useless. Liquid Ooze also trolls Mega Venusaur and Conkeldurr which is always a plus. The move set I feel is pretty standard as well but I'll go into more detail with these. Scald is Tentacruel's main STAB because of the burn chance and perfect accuracy. Toxic is preferred over Toxic Spikes because Defog is way too common as well as Levitate/Flying type Pokemon. Protect is for Toxic stalling and scouting while Mirror Coat allows you to beat Aegislash, Gengar, and Keldeo mainly. Two obviously are spin blocking him while the last is too big a threat to not have an answer for. Rapid Spin is pretty much the entire reason Tentacruel is on the team. He aids Mega Pinsir and Dragonite by keeping rocks off the field enabling them to swap in more and do more damage.

Minor changes include your damn EV spreads >.> You know, should know anyway, that Pokemon that are weak to Stealth Rock or Pokemon that are using a Life Orb like to have an odd number of HP so they take less damage from Life Orb recoil and SR respectively. Remove the HP EVs on Bisharp, Dragonite, and Pinsir so you take 1% less damage in their correct scenario. What you place those 4 EVs in after they've been removed is irrelavant really, but more often than not they are placed into the defensive stat that is lower. Other than that I really didn't see too much wrong nor were there that many things that threatened the team. Good luck with the rest of the team breh and hit me up on PS if you need some more help.
I always seem to mess up when putting EVs on Pokemon. I'll change those right now and try some changes. Also just wondering, wouldn't Tentacruel add a ground weakness with Magnezone? I guess it kinda wouldn't matter since I would D-Nite and Mega Pinsir on deck.

Thanks for the rate mang.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Hey Terrakion, don't know you, but I like the pokemon terrakion so this RMT intrigued me.

So first of all, imo, Red-Card on Deo-D in this metagame without recovery just hurts it. With such high powered moves in this metagame and similar threat cores like Raptor-Mega Pinsir-Talonflame, phazing out isn't such a good thing when you have to deal with a just as powerful attack next turn. For this reason I recommend Knock Off Mental Herb Deoxys-D over Magic Coat Red Card. Knock Off is extremely useful in this metagame to deal with many pokemon who really love their items such as CB talonflame and LO Thundurus. Mental Herb lets you absorb a taunt and set up a free Stealth Rock layer in order to better pressure the foe offensively.

Next up, I recommend Scarf Garchomp over Haxorus ScarfChomp Provides a very good speed tier in this metagame, a great RKer, a strong dragon type and gives you a good Thundurus-I check. Scarf Garchomp's Outrage is also very sueful in this meta for taking out DD Zard-X and other dragon threats. Stone Edge also lets you handle Zard-Y, Pinsir and Talon, etc.

@

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
Earthquake | Outrage | Stone Edge | Fire Fang

@

EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 Spe
Calm Nature
Taunt / Recover | Spikes | Stealth Rock | Knock Off

Last edited:
Hey Terrakion, don't know you, but I like the pokemon terrakion so this RMT intrigued me.

So first of all, imo, Red-Card on Deo-D in this metagame without recovery just hurts it. With such high powered moves in this metagame and similar threat cores like Raptor-Mega Pinsir-Talonflame, phazing out isn't such a good thing when you have to deal with a just as powerful attack next turn. For this reason I recommend Knock Off Mental Herb Deoxys-D over Magic Coat Red Card. Knock Off is extremely useful in this metagame to deal with many pokemon who really love their items such as CB talonflame and LO Thundurus. Mental Herb lets you absorb a taunt and set up a free Stealth Rock layer in order to better pressure the foe offensively.

Next up, I recommend Scarf Garchomp over Haxorus ScarfChomp Provides a very good speed tier in this metagame, a great RKer, a strong dragon type and gives you a good Thundurus-I check. Scarf Garchomp's Outrage is also very sueful in this meta for taking out DD Zard-X and other dragon threats. Stone Edge also lets you handle Zard-Y, Pinsir and Talon, etc.

@

Calm Nature

@

Calm Nature
Your suggested move set and EVs for Chomp is the same as Deoxys xD

Anyways I'll try that. I guess Haxorus isn't what it used to be. I'll try those. Thanks for the suggestions!

Swords dance sub garchomp would be a better choice over haxorus because skarm and togekiss are taken out by magnezone. Chomp once behind a sub can beat sableye which otherwise can cripple your team

Swords dance sub garchomp would be a better choice over haxorus because skarm and togekiss are taken out by magnezone. Chomp once behind a sub can beat sableye which otherwise can cripple your team
Once again, Sableye causes no problems really. I handle it pretty easily once I do the rare thing. Magnezone handles all three of those. I think I'm fine as of now regarding Haxorus replacements. I'm currently using scarf Garchomp and it is doing great. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)