Help me perfect my first team!

Hello, and welcome to my first RMT ever : D. This team is the first team I have ever built, and it's working quite nicely. I do lose quite a bit, but I think that it's my fault for making bad moves and failing to predict correctly. I'm very new to competitive battling, so please don't be harsh when posting what's wrong with my team. If something on my team is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE, then please let me know. Just please post something to make my team better too :].

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Night Slash

I usually lead with Weavile. Depending on who my opponent leads with, I either attack or switch out. The reason why I chose Weavile is because he's strong and fast, and the moves I gave him provide nice coverage. Weavile is also very good at revenge killing. He is also my Ghost/Psychic trapper. I gave him EV's to be as fast as possible and be strong at the same time.

Victini @Choice Band Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly Adamant
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Victini is amazing! I'm quite surprised that this pokemon isn't OU. I chose Victini because I love that he learns V-create. There isn't much that can survive a V-create from Victini... The other 3 moves are mainly for coverage. Victini is great at revenge killing and wall-breaking. The EV's are to make him as fast as possible and strong. However, sometimes Victini gets outsped :/.
EDIT: I decided to give Victini a Choice Scarf instead to check Raikou, since my team gets wrecked by opposing Raikou.
EDIT 2: I decided to run Adamant for more power.

HUUUUUGE EDIT: I decided on replacing Victini with Azelf. Victini's SR weakness was annoying, and I felt as though I had too many pokes weak to SR. It was annoying having to really on eliminating the opponent's SR user and rapid spinning away with Donphan. Also, I felt as though the only thing Victini was good for was V-create. None of his other moves really did anything for me. So here is.... Azelf!

Azelf@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpAtt/ 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Azelf is much like Weavile, fast and strong. Psyshock, Flamethrower, and Grass Knot for nice coverage. For some reason, I hated using both SR AND Rapid Spin on Donhpan. I feel like it's giving him too many jobs. So I decided I might as well teach it to Azelf.

Donphan@ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Att/ 252 Def 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def
Nature: Impish Adamant
- Stealth Rock Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roar Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin

I chose Donphan because I love him and he can use Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. I gave him Roar to phaze out annoying pokemon *cough ghosts who try to spinblock cough* and pokemon that try to set up. However, I don't know if the moveset I gave Donphan is the best it can be. The EV's I gave him allow him to be as bulky as possible, but a special attacker can probably kill him. I don't know if I should put some more EV's into Attack just to make him stronger...
EDIT: I changed sets to a more Physical offense which I need on my team.
EDIT 2: I changed Head Smash to Stone Edge.
EDIT 3: I just decided to go with Ice Shard instead of Stone Edge/Roar.
EDIT 4: Donphan isn't my SR user anymore, so Stone Edge is back.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpAtt / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Calm mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Aura Sphere

My Special sweeper! I usually switch into Raikou on an opponent that I know will switch out (like a water or flying type for example) and set up a Calm mind or two... and then I proceed to sweep away! He's a Rash nature so that I can legally use Aura Sphere. However, I don't know if I should just run a Timid nature and replaced Aura Sphere with Shadow Ball? I also don't know if it's better to run HP Ice or HP Grass... The EV's are to make Raikou strong and fast. Raikou is working really well for me, I just don't know which nature/set I should run. Also, I don't know if I should run leftovers or Life Orb. I like leftovers because I want Raikou to live for as long as he can.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Toxic
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

My defensive wall/tank/whatever you call it. I really love Slowbro! He's great at taking defensive hits and making certain pokes switch out. He's great with Regenerator, obviously. The EV's are to make him as bulky as possible. Toxic to get residual damage on annoying pokes. I gave him Scald and Ice Beam because I think they give him the best coverage. Slack Off for great HP recovery.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
- Wish Roost
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave

My Special Wall/tank/whatever you call it. I really love Togekiss! She's a great supporter with Heal Bell and Wish. Even though she's not meant to be an attacker, she can sometimes take out quite a few pokes by paraflinching! The EV's are to make her as bulky as she can be.
EDIT: Decided to drop Wish for Roost and changed the EV spread.

HUUUUUGE EDIT: I decided on replacing Togekiss with Tangrowth. I didn't like Togekiss' SR weakness and Tangrowth has much better synergy with Slowbro.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- HP Ice
- Leech Seed

If you've read all of this, I thank you! Now please help me perfect my team by posting your opinions below : D!

First off, the abbreviation for Speed is Spe, not Spd. That may confuse some people, so be careful lol.
This is a good UU team, so good job with it!
Donphan should have this set instead:
Offensive Rapid Spin
Donphan @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Adamant | Rapid Spin / Earthquake / Stealth Rock / Head Smash
252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe

This set allows you the Physical offense you need on this team, while still be an amazing tank and fitting into your team well.

Next, you get wrecked by opposing Raikou, so change your Victini's item to Choice Scarf. You now have a good check, and shouldn't have a problem with Raikou from now on. All of your other sets are fine.

Sorry for the quick rate, but A) my internet is terrible atm and B) this team really is pretty good, so you should do pretty well!
Good luck!

First off, the abbreviation for Speed is Spe, not Spd. That may confuse some people, so be careful lol.
This is a good UU team, so good job with it!
Donphan should have this set instead:
Offensive Rapid Spin
Donphan @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Adamant | Rapid Spin / Earthquake / Stealth Rock / Head Smash
252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe

This set allows you the Physical offense you need on this team, while still be an amazing tank and fitting into your team well.

Next, you get wrecked by opposing Raikou, so change your Victini's item to Choice Scarf. You now have a good check, and shouldn't have a problem with Raikou from now on. All of your other sets are fine.

Sorry for the quick rate, but A) my internet is terrible atm and B) this team really is pretty good, so you should do pretty well!
Good luck!
Thanks for the heads-up about Spe, I changed that xD.

And wow, thanks for the advice man! I made the changes to Donphan and Victini. Thanks for the rate :)

Looking for more opinions~

If you're wanting to keep that Sturdy secured, Head Smash is a suicide-move, but it does have its' uses in taking out Flying types or Fire types, and your opponent will probably never suspect it either. Your team is pretty good, and Slowbro is the man! One of my favorite Pokes, since it can usually be a pain to take down with Regeneration and Slack Off. :3

Another good choise for togekiss is to use air slash and king's rock instead of leftovers; the opponent's pokemon has got 50% of probability to flinched but you lose 6% of your hp.

Bump. Can some more people please rate this?
I was thinking about running LO on Victini and maybe CB on Weavile. What do you guys think? Also, would custap berry work well with Donphan?

Custap Berry is a no for now as those berries are not legal yet until the Dream World releases them; and I think with Choice Band Weavile could be worth a test, it depends how you find yourself using him at the minute as to whether you want to lock him into a single attack.
However I wouldn't run Life Orb on Victini, Raikou AND Weavile as too much recoil and no recovery opens up a weakness to stall teams or even just an unlucky encounter with Toxic (spikes).

Also:

Both your tanks/walls have a weakness to electric attacks, which are admittedly not that common but with Togekiss' low speed you won't be able to win the prediction game with Roost most of the time and this is likely why Raikou is able to come in and munch you badly.

While Togekiss is an awesome poke, you may be better going for a special wall that can handle what Slowbro can't.

My suggestion?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3449088

This guy can handle the grass/electric/bugs that want to eat your slowbro and in turn slowbro can cover him for fire/fighting and with it's good physical defenses tank ground attacks and lol slack off the damage. He also brings some further resistances to your team that you currently lack as well as a poison immunity for absorbing toxics.

If you find yourself up against a rain or sand team, Registeel can reap the benefits of both; reducing incoming fire damage or getting a massive special defense boost in sand.

You can also run a paraflinch set on him just like your current Togekiss, he can set up rocks again if needed or even run a nasty Rest/Curse set boosting his defenses on he other side of the spectrum and allowing you absorb status with impunity.

Your team is mostly solid, I like that you're using Weavile as he's a favorite of mine that doesn't see much action so GL with it.

Custap Berry is a no for now as those berries are not legal yet until the Dream World releases them; and I think with Choice Band Weavile could be worth a test, it depends how you find yourself using him at the minute as to whether you want to lock him into a single attack.
However I wouldn't run Life Orb on Victini, Raikou AND Weavile as too much recoil and no recovery opens up a weakness to stall teams or even just an unlucky encounter with Toxic (spikes).

Also:

Both your tanks/walls have a weakness to electric attacks, which are admittedly not that common but with Togekiss' low speed you won't be able to win the prediction game with Roost most of the time and this is likely why Raikou is able to come in and munch you badly.

While Togekiss is an awesome poke, you may be better going for a special wall that can handle what Slowbro can't.

My suggestion?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3449088

This guy can handle the grass/electric/bugs that want to eat your slowbro and in turn slowbro can cover him for fire/fighting and with it's good physical defenses tank ground attacks and lol slack off the damage. He also brings some further resistances to your team that you currently lack as well as a poison immunity for absorbing toxics.

If you find yourself up against a rain or sand team, Registeel can reap the benefits of both; reducing incoming fire damage or getting a massive special defense boost in sand.

You can also run a paraflinch set on him just like your current Togekiss, he can set up rocks again if needed or even run a nasty Rest/Curse set boosting his defenses on he other side of the spectrum and allowing you absorb status with impunity.

Your team is mostly solid, I like that you're using Weavile as he's a favorite of mine that doesn't see much action so GL with it.
Wow, thanks! I've been thinking of replacing Togekiss for some time but I just couldn't think of what to replace him with... but Registeel is a great suggestion.
My only problem is that without Togekiss I won't have heal bell... hopefully that won't be too bad.

I think I'm going to run this set:
name: Tank
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Thunder Wave / Toxic
move 3: Seismic Toss
move 4: Iron Head
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

If I run SR on him, I can run another attacking move on Donphan ^^/
Thanks for the help

Nice team. I'd give your Donphan its old moveset back, with Ice Shard over Roar and SR over Stone Edge. Then, give Azelf another coverage move. If you're making 'Zelf a LO attacker, then setting up hazards is a waste of a turn when you could be causing serious damage. With Donphan, the damage potential is less, making setting up Rocks more prudent.

I'm not fond of the fact you have two purely physical walls and nothing that can take a special hit. Worse yet, your entire defensive core is beaten by Toxic now that you don't have Togekiss. To remedy these problems, I would think about replacing Slowbro with a ResTalk Milotic. This gives you a much needed status absorber who can take hits from both the special and physical sides of the spectrum (especially with Marvel Scale activated). Here's the set:

Milotic@Leftovers
Calm Nature, 252 HP, 240 Def, 16 SDef
Rest
Sleep Talk
Scald
Dragon Tail

At first glance, this looks like a run-of-the mill sleep talker. However, that isn't the case. Thanks to Marvel Scale, Milotic's Defense is doubled when she's afflicted with status. Combined with Rest and her stellar Special Defense, she can be near impossible to take down, especially when paired with your Tangrowth. Scald is for status and STAB, while Dragon Tail can pseudo-haze, preventing her from becoming setup fodder. As an added bonus, when Dragon Tail is selected by Sleep Talk, it bypasses the negative priority. This allows you to force out slow pokemon before they get to move at all. For your team, I'd consider moving a few Defense EVs into Special defense since Tangrowth is such a capable physical wall.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Nice team. I'd give your Donphan its old moveset back, with Ice Shard over Roar and SR over Stone Edge. Then, give Azelf another coverage move. If you're making 'Zelf a LO attacker, then setting up hazards is a waste of a turn when you could be causing serious damage. With Donphan, the damage potential is less, making setting up Rocks more prudent.

I'm not fond of the fact you have two purely physical walls and nothing that can take a special hit. Worse yet, your entire defensive core is beaten by Toxic now that you don't have Togekiss. To remedy these problems, I would think about replacing Slowbro with a ResTalk Milotic. This gives you a much needed status absorber who can take hits from both the special and physical sides of the spectrum (especially with Marvel Scale activated). Here's the set:

Milotic@Leftovers
Calm Nature, 252 HP, 240 Def, 16 SDef
Rest
Sleep Talk
Scald
Dragon Tail

At first glance, this looks like a run-of-the mill sleep talker. However, that isn't the case. Thanks to Marvel Scale, Milotic's Defense is doubled when she's afflicted with status. Combined with Rest and her stellar Special Defense, she can be near impossible to take down, especially when paired with your Tangrowth. Scald is for status and STAB, while Dragon Tail can pseudo-haze, preventing her from becoming setup fodder. As an added bonus, when Dragon Tail is selected by Sleep Talk, it bypasses the negative priority. This allows you to force out slow pokemon before they get to move at all. For your team, I'd consider moving a few Defense EVs into Special defense since Tangrowth is such a capable physical wall.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
Thank you for the rate!
First I must say that me having 2 physical walls/tanks was an error. I forgot that Tangrowth was physically defensive, isntead of specially defensive. I could just turn Slowbro into Slowking...
However, your reasoning for Milotic over Slowbro (or should I say Slowking) is really... smart! I think I may add Milotic to the time.

And about Azelf/Donphan, I may just teach Azelf Nasty Plot instead of SR and give SR back to Donphan like you suggested...

Thanks so much for your input

Running Slowking over Slowbro is a pretty good idea, that's my defensive core in the team I use. It's really effective if you can manage to tank hits that don't quite kill, it leaves you open to a lot of threats though, Victini is a bitch to it, V-create 2-koes IIRC, been a while since I've fought a Victini, if you feel Victini is a big enough threat, use Sleep Talk Milotic, it seems like it could tank a V-create and threaten with STAB Scald while asleep. Seems pretty good other than that, the format of your post is quite annoying, move all deleted stuff to a new section probably labled changes. Also Skore, Registeel does not get a boost in sand. Rock types are the only Type to get a Spd boost, Steel and Ground are only immune to sand damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)