Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost

This Pokemon is just fantastic, what else is there to say?

Mandibuzz is my main physical wall, and does a great job of taking out set up sweeper. Destroying physical ones with foul play, and phazing out special ones. Its also a fantastic Aegislash counter.

I usually lead with Mandibuzz if I see that my opponent has a Smeargle or is using a obvious Baton Passer like Scolipede or Ninjask.

Excadrill (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

My favorite Ground type. Been waiting too damn long to use her in OU.

Main spinner, and straight up physical attacker.

Excadrill is an incredibly useful member of this team, synergizes exceptionally with Mandibuzz, Dragonite, and Volcarona by resisting most of their weaknesses, and getting rocks off the field with ease.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

My special wall. Great for dealing with Pokemon like Greninja, and to an extent Rotom Wash, and can help supply some minor healing to the rest of the team. I went with rocky helmet over leftovers because its pretty effective at finishing off physical attackers, or crippling/destroying Talonflame.

Volcarona (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Quiver Dance

My favorite Bug Pokemon, and one of two set up sweepers. Pretty standard set, it can sweep unprepared teams with ease, and with HP Rock its great for baiting, and dealing with Talonflame, and Mega Pinser.

Has good offensive synergy with Starmie.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Back up spinner, and straight up special attacker.

Is fantastic with Volcarona. Has good offensive synergy, is capable of scaring out some of Volcarona's checks, and can spin without too much difficulty. Which also helps out the last pokemon here.

Dragonite (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

I've heard, and seen Weakness Policy Dragonite in use, and I know how fearsome it can be. Its the only priority user on the team, and extreme speed has saved me in quite a few battles particularly against Talonflame, and a Mega Kangaskhan.

Overall I'm pretty happy with him, but I am concerned about his weakness to rock. I have two spinners, but I wonder if having three Pokemon that are vulnerable to stealth rocks, two of which are VERY vulnerable to stealth rocks(Volcarona losing half her HP, and Dragonite losing Multiscale).

I considered Zygarde for a while, but I have this thing against using Legendary Pokemon. Sorry if thats weird.

So can anyone help me out?

Last edited:
Hello.

Pretty interesting team you have here.But first and foremost having 2 Rapid Spinners is kind of redundant and it also makes you extremely weak to Talonflame so to help remedy that I recommend you try out Rotom-Wash over your Starmie as Rotom-Wash has better synergy with Volcarona than Starmie as Rotom-Wash can cover your team's general Talonflame weakness and can give you some momentum with Volt Switch.

I also see you have a large weakness to Mega Kangaskhan because if it PuP's it's basically good game so to help remedy this I suggest you try out Air Balloon Mixed Aegislash over Mandibuzz or Excadrill as it can deal with Kangaskhan and is quite unpredictable so i think it can fit your team really well.And Mandibuzz can't really switch into a +2 Return from Mega Kangaskhan.

If you don't want to drop Mandibuzz you can try out Defog over Toxic or Whirlwind so in case you drop Excadrill you keep the ability to get hazards off the field,you do lose your own hazards but if your Ferrothorn doesn't get to set them up it's not much of a problem.

If you took my first and second suggestion you can try out Hidden Power Ground over Hidden Power Rock on Volcarona so you can have another reliable check to Heatran as Heatran is normally the number 1 switch into Volcarona but with Hidden Power Ground you can catch them off-guard.

Sets:

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
EV's: 240 HP / 196 Def / 72 Spd
IV's: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
-Will-O-Wisp
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Rest/Pain Split

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
IV's: 0 Spd
Brave Nature
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneal
-Sacred Sword

Hope my suggestions were helpful or at least thought-provoking.

It was an honor rating your team and good luck!
:D

Thank you for your input I'll definitely consider this, and try out your ideas.

Does anyone else have some input?

Edit: I'm thinking of giving Mandibuzz Defog like Xeno Blade suggested, and maybe adding a Prankster Sableye..

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and since you're new, to join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

PS : I'll bump for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)