Battle Spot help meeee pls

MRGG-WWWW-WWXW-2828
What did i do wrong and what mons should have i picked?Starmie recked my milotic w thunder and my mence w ice beam
Also i used the same mons against a team with a porygon 2 and it used trick room and i got destroyed,
it had ice beam to take out my Mence and it took out my snorlax.
Battlespots doubles suck cuz u can only pick 4 mons and i couldve picked kartana to counter pory2
my Team i used in video https://pokepast.es/25a3080885b0e780 (I Think i had Weavile)
and snorlax i used for video Snorlax (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def
Brave Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Belly Drum
- Recycle

im thinking about using this trick room counter mon set:
Oranguru (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 20 SpA / 92 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Instruct
- Protect

just a Explanation of my team i linked @https://pokepast.es/25a3080885b0e780

mence is for taking out fire types like Incineroar,Dragon types,etc

tapu koko is for outspeeding water types/tapufini/greninjas/Metagross

Milotic is for Landorus Ts,Zapdos,Flying types and dragons

Nagan is for fairies,dragons.

Kartana is for annoying trick room setters like pory2,normal types,Water types,any mons w steel weaknesses

weavile is for dragons and fake out Flinch threats to my other mons.

Hi there, and welcome.
I don't want to sound rude, but you should really read this: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-guidelines-must-read-before-posting-an-rmt.3584611/
This because your post is kind of hard to rate as it is right now

Also, you should post your replay and ask here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-spot-twitch-streams-replay-codes-thread.3587792/ , because this isn't the right subforum to do so

Anyway...
At first glance i can definitely say that your team lacks ways to control the speed. You have a frail and offensive squad, and taking hit before attacking can potentially lead to lose. This against both, Tailwind and Trick Room strategies.

In doubles, MMence and Kartana can both run Tailwind. Id honestly give it a try on one of them. Probably on Kartana, over Sacred Sword.
Milotic is kinda odd here, id rather use Tapu Fini.

@ Aguav Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Protect

This protects MMence versus Ice- and Dragon-type attacks, and Kartana from Fire- and Fighting-type attacks, while giving you a handy bulky water presence.

Then i'd switch Weavile for Incineroar, to complete the grass/fire/water core and add a really potent doubles pokemon to the team.
@ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn

and Naganadel for Amoongus, so that you can switch your two grass types: Using using Tailwind Kartana if you're facing fast teams, or Amoongus vs Trick Room teams.
@ Black Sludge / Sitrus Berry / 50% Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Clear Smog / Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Giga Drain / Protect

A minor change id do is to put Protect over Roost on Salamence. Battle Spot Doubles is a pretty fast and offensive metagame and using Protect to avoid and counterplay is usually better than trying to recover with Roost.

Hope this helps. Please read the first link upwards :)

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Then i'd switch Weavile for Incineroar, to complete the grass/fire/water core and add a really potent doubles pokemon to the team.
@ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
Apologies in advance for sounding rude (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), but is there some tech w/ Assault Vest + Protect that I'm missing, or is that a mistype?

Apologies in advance for sounding rude (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), but is there some tech w/ Assault Vest + Protect that I'm missing, or is that a mistype?
No lol, my bad. It was a Z set before, then i edited and added AV without changing Protect

The AV set has U-Turn or Knock Off over Protect.
Knock Off can be used also over Darkest Lariat if you're not using the Z set

Hi there, and welcome.
I don't want to sound rude, but you should really read this: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-guidelines-must-read-before-posting-an-rmt.3584611/
This because your post is kind of hard to rate as it is right now

Also, you should post your replay and ask here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-spot-twitch-streams-replay-codes-thread.3587792/ , because this isn't the right subforum to do so

Anyway...
At first glance i can definitely say that your team lacks ways to control the speed. You have a frail and offensive squad, and taking hit before attacking can potentially lead to lose. This against both, Tailwind and Trick Room strategies.

In doubles, MMence and Kartana can both run Tailwind. Id honestly give it a try on one of them. Probably on Kartana, over Sacred Sword.
Milotic is kinda odd here, id rather use Tapu Fini.

@ Aguav Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Protect

This protects MMence versus Ice- and Dragon-type attacks, and Kartana from Fire- and Fighting-type attacks, while giving you a handy bulky water presence.

@ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn

and Naganadel for Amoongus, so that you can switch your two grass types: Using using Tailwind Kartana if you're facing fast teams, or Amoongus vs Trick Room teams.
@ Black Sludge / Sitrus Berry / 50% Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Clear Smog / Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Giga Drain / Protect

A minor change id do is to put Protect over Roost on Salamence. Battle Spot Doubles is a pretty fast and offensive metagame and using Protect to avoid and counterplay is usually better than trying to recover with Roost.

Hope this helps. Please read the first link upwards :)
sorry for my late reply and my post, im new to smogon rules and i was descriptive as possible,i explained what happened that made me lose and i shared the sets and said what each mon is for, only thing i didnt do is sign up for the Apprentice Program.Also i wanted to know instead of incin if i could use this infernape set
Infernape (M)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Iron Fist
Timid Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
it has fake out and its faster than incin.

sorry for my late reply and my post, im new to smogon rules and i was descriptive as possible,i explained what happened that made me lose and i shared the sets and said what each mon is for, only thing i didnt do is sign up for the Apprentice Program.Also i wanted to know instead of incin if i could use this infernape set
Infernape (M)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Iron Fist
Timid Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
it has fake out and its faster than incin.
If you're running Timid, than it should be running a special set. You want a -SpA set (Jolly). Not seeing why grass knot is in here, as well as fake out, could use Flare Blitz over Grass Knot and U-turn over Fake out. If you're gonna keep Incineroar, change your investment from SpA to Atk. Nonetheless, I highly recommend using Incineroar over Infernape.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)