SM OU Help with OU Team

I'd like for y'all to tweak this OU team, thanks in advance!

:sm/venusaur-mega:
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 224 HP / 172 Def / 28 SpA / 68 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
This is a substandard Venusaur set that's been working for me lately. As this team is based around Venusaur, I don't want y'all to remove it when tweaking it. :)
16 Spe lets it outspeed MMawile, while 68 Spd lets it survive 2 Spec's Greninja Dark pulses after SR, and Cholorophyll is there for the rare chance sun is present.
I'm considering replacing Giga Drain with Leech seed, however, then Venusaur is much more prone to greninja and ash -greninja, making it less of a worthwhile switch in. 172 Def is from the standard set, and 224 HP gives it an odd amount of HP. Bold nature allows it to switch in on physical wallbreakers such as MMawile and Banded Bulu and Banded Kartana easier.

:sm/tapu-koko:
Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Reflect
- Roost
- Light Screen
Koko sets up dual screens for Hawlucha to sweep. 248 HP gives an odd amount of HP, and the bulk is decent to the point of being able to survive 2 hits from most neutral attacks, thus allowing it to set up screens. Leftovers gives it passive recovery, and is preferred over Light Clay, because Koko isn't that bulky if screens aren't up, and Volt Switch allows momentum, even if it isn't a slow pivot. Roost provides neccessary recovery. I'm considering replacing Volt Switch with Thunderbolt to chip away on stall threats that normally don't carry Toxic; such as being able to continously deal damage to Pex, but I don't know yet. Still playing around with this set.

:sm/hawlucha:
Hawlucha @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
Electric Seed activates under Electric Terrain, and under dual screens, Hawlucha has impressive bulk, especially on the physical side.
It can take a neutral hit(usually) so SD helps boost its rather mediocre attack stat, and High Jump Kick one-shots non-defensive heatran. Acrobatics power is doubled, and doesn't have Brave Bird's recoil, so you want to sacrifice that tiny amount of power for survivability.
Stone Edge hits flying types such as Tornadus T if you predict a switch in, though Acrobatics has more accuracy, stone edge hits charizard hard,

:sm/skarmory:
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Spikes
- Roost
Leftovers provides mandatory recovery for a defensive 'mon, and it provides hazards in the form of spikes. It also serves as a defogger, and stalls out foes with Toxic.
Roost provides neccesary recovery, and 248 HP lets it switch in on SR 9 times without recovering;not sure why you need to do that but I like hyper-optimizing my sets. The EV's are the ones given to me in showdown; I don't know yet what benchmarks they hit; so could someone tell me? Thanks.

:sm/heatran:
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
Heatran with Air Balloon serves as a ground immunity in a pinch, and 208 Spe lets it outspeed a majority of threats.
Earth Power hits other Heatran, SR lets Heatran serve as a setter, and Magma Storm traps enemies who could otherwise switch out. Flash Cannon is another STAB. 48 HP gives odd number of HP.
I don't have a Z- crystal yet so I'm considering running Steelium Z or Firiuim Z; any tips on if this would be a good idea?

:sm/azumarill:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
Azumarill is my physical wallbreaker. 248 HP gives it an odd amount of HP, and Huge Power, Band, and max attack maximize it's effectiveness.
Knock off is more predicted switchins such as Bulu, Lando-T, and Zapdos that dislike losing it.
As BD Azumarill is more common, many try to taunt it and therefore gets one shotted.
Azumarill has favorable matchups versus Skarmory, Lando-T, Heatran, all common leads.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Right. I'm gonna get right to it lad.
The first change I would definitely make is to use u turn on koko instead of vswitch, as common ground types such as lando and chomp can easily switch in and soak that up, and u turn will hit anything and let you swap.
Secondly, I wouldn't recommend running all status moves on skarm, as it can be taunted and youll be forced to swap. If you are gonna keep all status moves, you could run mental herb.
Lastly, you could use a belly drum azu set to make it a more effective breaker, but if you do, then make sure it has an even number of hp so after belly drum, its sitrus berry will instantly activate.
Decent team.

hi, i noticed that you do not have a z cristal, maybe consider switching out azumarill for gyarados? gyarados is a lot faster than azumarill and can unleash a one time nuke with z-bounce

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

you coud also swap out earthquake for taunt/crunch but thats up to you (if i made any grammatical mistakes im sorry but english is not my main langue)

You could also use Z-Belly Drum Azu if you want a z crystal. It really helps you after gettimg a volt switch from something like AV magearna or something else, so you are still at 50%.

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Knock off ist a must have, so you dont get walled by ferrothorn, but you can switch Plax rough with liquidation.

Hi friend! i would make some changes in your heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
A leftovers with protect will make him more sustainable because eq wont be a problem because u already has two flying types (mainly ur skarmory will make a good pair with heatran)
Another suggestion is put Whirlwind intead defog for Skarmory maybe this will be good because ur team dont suffer too much for the things that is put on the terrain (they will suffer more with a whirlwind and spikes)
Another thing to say is to test if its better put leech seed instead HP fire (I dont know if its better, but could be a option)
Sorry for my bad english <3

Right. I'm gonna get right to it lad.
The first change I would definitely make is to use u turn on koko instead of vswitch, as common ground types such as lando and chomp can easily switch in and soak that up, and u turn will hit anything and let you swap.
Secondly, I wouldn't recommend running all status moves on skarm, as it can be taunted and youll be forced to swap. If you are gonna keep all status moves, you could run mental herb.
Lastly, you could use a belly drum azu set to make it a more effective breaker, but if you do, then make sure it has an even number of hp so after belly drum, its sitrus berry will instantly activate.
Decent team.
I'll take the koko change, but skarm needs lefties to be efficient, and besides most taunt users such as fini and torn-t would force it out, more so in fini's case, in torns case you don't want to risk a knock off.
Belly Drum is not as effective or consistent, because it only gets one chance at sweeping, whereas CB Azu is extremely powerful and consistent, and while it may lack speed, it has enough bulk(100/80/80) to survive hits and really can't afford a moveslot for BD if you're running a wallbreaker.

hi, i noticed that you do not have a z cristal, maybe consider switching out azumarill for gyarados? gyarados is a lot faster than azumarill and can unleash a one time nuke with z-bounce

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

you coud also swap out earthquake for taunt/crunch but thats up to you (if i made any grammatical mistakes im sorry but english is not my main langue)
Your english is fine. ;)
Somethings wrong however. Gyara generally acts as a sweeper and not a wallbreaker, and it lacks the power to combat things like Lucha, due to Bounce requiring 2 turns, and Z-move is a one time thing.
Azu is just more consistent.

Hi friend! i would make some changes in your heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
A leftovers with protect will make him more sustainable because eq wont be a problem because u already has two flying types (mainly ur skarmory will make a good pair with heatran)
Another suggestion is put Whirlwind intead defog for Skarmory maybe this will be good because ur team dont suffer too much for the things that is put on the terrain (they will suffer more with a whirlwind and spikes)
Another thing to say is to test if its better put leech seed instead HP fire (I dont know if its better, but could be a option)
Sorry for my bad english <3
Could you explain the EVs, I'm seeing nothing in them rn.
Also you want 248 HP for odd number HP.
This set gets walled by other Heatran I'd put EP over F*** Cannon and if you're going for SpDef, you want Lava Plume over Magma Storm generally unless you can't handle Pex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)