SM OU Herd u liek MEGA STEELIX

Hi how are ya? This is my Dream Team and I have been playing this for about three months now. It would be great if you all could give me some smashing advice on how I could make it better.
images
260.png

465.png
salamence.png

227.png
105-a.png

Stainless (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
Mega Steelix is my most reliable rocks setter, due to its massive bulk. Invested in 200 SpD to avoid getting OHKO'd by Hydro Pumps and take weaker special hits a lot more easily. Roar is for disrupt to stop those who try to set up, and it's good for racking up stealth rock damage. Heavy Slam is STAB and takes care of fairy types and ice types, which Salamence dislikes. Earthquake is also STAB and takes care of steel types, which also helps Salamence.

IHerd U Liek (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Ice Punch
Generic tanky Swampert. Great physical bulk and surprisingly good special bulk as well. Toxic puts a timer on sweepers and helps when it is used on an opponent's switch-in to Tapu Bulu. Earthquake is STAB and says goodbye to Heatrans, which Swampert counters. Scald is STAB and can dish out a burn. Ice Punch takes care of Landorus-T, Garchomp, and Dragonite after stealth rocks. Ice Beam is also an option I am considering, but I went with Ice Punch just because Swampert hits harder with it.

Ramen (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Regenerating wall. Resists Earthquakes, Thunderbolts, and Hydro Pumps. Giga Drain is good grass STAB and sustain. Knock Off is good at inconveniencing opposing pokemon that would switch in to Tangrowth. Earthquake helps handle fire types and Nihilego. HP Fire is chosen over HP Ice to get rid of Kartana, Ferrothorn, and Scizor. HP fire is also good at taking out Weavile and Mamoswine, which Salamence very much dislikes.

Drizzy Drake (Salamence) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Outrage
- Earthquake
This is the win condition. Pretty self-explanatory, just D-Dance into a Supersonic Skystrike to get the first Moxie boost. After that, if all of the counters are dealt with, Salamence should get an easy sweep.

Luftwaffe (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
Along with Mega Steelix, this Pokemon is good at setting up stealth rocks and being disruptive with Whirlwind. Skarmory is immune to Earthquake and resists fairy, steel, and grass types. Shed shell is used over Leftovers so I don't have to stress out about Magnezones. Roost is there for sustain and, if used strategically, can let Skarmory take a Thunderbolt. Iron head is good against the Tapus and other fairy types.

David (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Will-O-Wisp
Everything about this set screams wallbreaker. Rock Head used over Lightningrod because I already have two pokemon immune to electric and one that resists it. Rock Head is also useful so that I can freely just fire off flare blitzes without any consequences. Invested max speed to outspeed Celesteela. Shadow Bone also hits hard and is there for STAB when the opposing pokemon resists fire. Bonemerang is used over Earthquake to get past Heatran's substitutes. Will-O-Wisp can come in handy when you just want to get a burn on someone.

So there we have it! Thanks for taking your time to read through my team. If you have any suggestions or tips, they would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Back