HERE COMES THE RAIN DOODOO DOO HERE COMES THE RAIN AND ILL SAY ITS ALRIGHT

hello everybody this is my first rmt and here is my pretty kickass rain balance team.

Slippy the Politoed
ability Drizzle
Modest
252 spa 252 spe 4hp
Choice scarf

Hydro pump
Perish song
Hp grass
Ice beam

Someone down there made a great point that I don't have a single pokemon over base 85 speed so I decided to create my own scarf politoed set so I can revenge the likes of garchomp or Salamance and other pokes with a speed higher then 85.

Terminator the magnezone
ability analytic
quiet nature
252 hp 252 sp a 4 spd 0 ivs
choice specs
thunder
volt switch
hp fighting
flash cannon

Magnezone one of the key members of my team. screw your magnet pull variants analytic is the way to go especially on a rain team as hp fire wont be doing much and most of the time people wont try and switch out from a magnezone anyways. anyways. this beast right here lives up to his name as his thunders coming from an analytic boost is the single most powerful attack in the game besides choice band or normal gemlicklicky explosion. and one shots nearly everything in the game including most of those steel types that I bluff the trap. I don't know why volt switch is there can you give me some tips on what to replace it with. Hp fighting to take on ferrothorn as fire won't be doing much and ferro gives this team a lot of trouble. Finally flash cannon is there for a reliable stab that can damage ground types

Walnut the forretress
abiity sturdy
bold nature
252 hp 252 def 4 spd 0 Ivs
custap berry

stealth rock
spikes
Gyro ball
rapid spin

This guy has five jobs. A to sponge physical hits. B to lay down entry hazards. C to spin away hazards. D to gyro ball faster threats trying to set up. E be death foughter or die setting or spinning away entry hazards

Titan the gyrados
Ability moxie
adamant nature
28 hp 148 att 40 def 40 spd 252 spe
Life orb

dragon dance
waterfall
ice fang
earthquake

this guy right here destroys everything late game and at plus 2 he can one shot max special attack venasaur in the sun with waterfall. between him nidoking and magnezone the offense of the team is pretty much covered. dragon dance is to up my speed and the attack boost comes in handy to I usually set up to +1 or 2 and then sweep there entire team. waterfall is the main move of the set with stab it can one shot nearly everything in the game after a boost or two even some that do or are in the sun. the rest are just coverage moves ice fang hits dragons and earthquake hits electrics coming in to ones hot him.

Vaporeon
ability hydration
calm nature
252 hp 252 spd 4 spa
Leftovers

hydro pump
toxic
rest
roar

this thing walls everything it even out stalls blissey. hydro pumps there to deal damage and it can deal a surprising amount with little ev's put into special attack. toxics the reason I don't have scald as the burn would irritate me more then it would other people as I wouldn't be able to get a toxic off which is crucial against all walls not named ferrothorn. rest is there for reliable recovery and is the reason I have hydration as it infuriates people so much when they bring me down to low hp only to have me recover fully and the instantly wake up. last but not least is roar as it drags out people trying to set up on me and racks up the residual damage left out behind forretress.

horny the nidoking
ability sheer force
nature timid
4 hp 252 spa 252 spe
Life orb

earth power
ice beam
Focus blast
thunder

this guy is part of my offensive core as he provides a crucial thunder immunity and has ice beam so it can easily take out the ground and dragon types that threaten magnezone. earth powers there for stab and can one shot most of the electric types that threaten gyrados. focus blast is there solely for ferrothorn as he destroys this team but it can also help destroy tyranitar trying switch in.
thunders there so I can beat most flying types and gengar plus it allows him to take advantage of the rain with more power then thunderbolt it is really powerful and destroys many pokemon. Life orb is there for the extra damage with no recoil thanks to sheer force and I can bluff the choice items. The main reason I chose Nidoking over Landorus-I is that he is bulkier. He also has thunder to take out bulky waters for the rest of my team which landorus does not and he gets sheer force ice beam which Landorus only gets hidden power ice which gets no boost and is less powerful

You put allot of effort into this RMT...
I don't have long so I will pick on one major problem being Magnezone.
Sure Analytic is nice for a slow Poke but Magnet Pull is really what makes this guy OU. The ability to trap Skarm, Ferro and Scizor is not something to be sniffed at.

Hi there. Nice team. I would keep Flash Cannon on Magnezone. It helps with Tyranitar, especially Scarf-Tar. I feel like you'd be better off with a 252/252 spread on Gyarados, to be honest. I just don't see those evs doing much besides putting him at less than maximum attack. And have you tried Gyro Ball over Explosion on Forettress? Forettress is really better off kept alive.

Hello Cschollen1, I would recommend adding pictures because it makes more people want to read your RMT.Also there should be Items on all of your Pokemon.Anyway on Magnezone i would change the Nature to Modest if you want Max Special Attack without Losing Speed, or you could try a Timid Nature ,but then you should put Choice Scarf if you run a Timid Nature.On your Gyarados you EV set looks Pretty Wierd I agree with Deadflame that you should just use with a 252/252 spread.Your Forretress set is pretty weird considering your team.It has Rapid Spin ,but you just wanted Stealth Rock and one Layer of Spikes ,So in the end you wasted your Rapid Spinner.

I recommend this Forretress set.
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
~ Rapid Spin
~ Spikes / Stealth Rocks
~ Volt Switch
~Gyro Ball / Hidden Power Ice

You can still setup Hazards and you can spin them away also.

Well thats all i have Hoped I Helped =)

You put allot of effort into this RMT...
I don't have long so I will pick on one major problem being Magnezone.
Sure Analytic is nice for a slow Poke but Magnet Pull is really what makes this guy OU. The ability to trap Skarm, Ferro and Scizor is not something to be sniffed at.
My main points for not doing this is

A this is a rain team and hp fire is weakened

B most people don't switch out there steel types thinking its magnet pull

C the pure power of choice specs analytic thunder oneshots anything that doesn't ressist it or is a pink blob

But I do have trouble with ferrothorn any help?

Hi there. Nice team. I would keep Flash Cannon on Magnezone. It helps with Tyranitar, especially Scarf-Tar. I feel like you'd be better off with a 252/252 spread on Gyarados, to be honest. I just don't see those evs doing much besides putting him at less than maximum attack. And have you tried Gyro Ball over Explosion on Forettress? Forettress is really better off kept alive.
I will try the forretress but the gyrados ev spread guarantees I can take most unboosted attacks minus electric type attacks and set up a DD

Hello Cschollen1, I would recommend adding pictures because it makes more people want to read your RMT.Also there should be Items on all of your Pokemon.Anyway on Magnezone i would change the Nature to Modest if you want Max Special Attack without Losing Speed, or you could try a Timid Nature ,but then you should put Choice Scarf if you run a Timid Nature.On your Gyarados you EV set looks Pretty Wierd I agree with Deadflame that you should just use with a 252/252 spread.Your Forretress set is pretty weird considering your team.It has Rapid Spin ,but you just wanted Stealth Rock and one Layer of Spikes ,So in the end you wasted your Rapid Spinner.

I recommend this Forretress set.
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
~ Rapid Spin
~ Spikes / Stealth Rocks
~ Volt Switch
~Gyro Ball / Hidden Power Ice

You can still setup Hazards and you can spin them away also.

Well thats all i have Hoped I Helped =)
The reason this magnezone is quiet is because its analytic and needs the lowered speed for the analytic boost

Might want to make your formatting better, this is tough to read.

SpDef Politoed/3Att DDGary/Specs Magnezone/LO Nidoking/SpDef Vaporeon/Custap Forretress

Volt switch is fine on Magnezone, keep it there.

The attacks on Gyarados are a little bit odd, I don't see what additional coverage you're getting from Ice Fang. In my opinion, Waterfall/Bounce is the best set of coverage for Gyarados, because you only miss out on Rotom-W, who you are already failing to beat anyway. Bounce gives you another STAB and lets you hit Ferrothorn harder. You can kill most Dragons with a +1 Bounce. This lets you run Substitute instead of Earthquake, which can come in handy when setting up.

Nidoking is totally outclassed by Landorus-I who is faster and much more powerful, while being immune to spikes and Earthquake to boot. Rock Polish also lets you set up and sweep late game.

You're very weak to Lati@s as well as Garchomp, not to mention DD Salamence, Keldeo, Landorus, Terrakion, etc. This is mostly because nothing on your team has more than 85 base speed. You absolutely need a scarfer. I'd get rid of Magnezone and replace him with a Scarf Jirachi for this reason. You could also replace Forretress, but then you would need a new SR setter.

Good luck with the team!

Might want to make your formatting better, this is tough to read.

SpDef Politoed/3Att DDGary/Specs Magnezone/LO Nidoking/SpDef Vaporeon/Custap Forretress

Volt switch is fine on Magnezone, keep it there.

The attacks on Gyarados are a little bit odd, I don't see what additional coverage you're getting from Ice Fang. In my opinion, Waterfall/Bounce is the best set of coverage for Gyarados, because you only miss out on Rotom-W, who you are already failing to beat anyway. Bounce gives you another STAB and lets you hit Ferrothorn harder. You can kill most Dragons with a +1 Bounce. This lets you run Substitute instead of Earthquake, which can come in handy when setting up.

Nidoking is totally outclassed by Landorus-I who is faster and much more powerful, while being immune to spikes and Earthquake to boot. Rock Polish also lets you set up and sweep late game.

You're very weak to Lati@s as well as Garchomp, not to mention DD Salamence, Keldeo, Landorus, Terrakion, etc. This is mostly because nothing on your team has more than 85 base speed. You absolutely need a scarfer. I'd get rid of Magnezone and replace him with a Scarf Jirachi for this reason. You could also replace Forretress, but then you would need a new SR setter.

Good luck with the team!
Thank you so much for the suggestions I will try landorus-I out and the gyrados set out but I am not changing the magnezone as that and hydration vaporeon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)