Gen 6 Here is my ORAS OU team!

I am on my quest to make the ultimate team, and I was wondering how I could make this one better. So, here we go I guess? (Edited to include changes suggested by Vaiorye and itsallyellow)

:sm/scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 12 Def / 16 SpD / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Rock Smash
Scizor sweeps. Swords dance makes its attack nutty, and bullet punch is stab and technician boosted. Not much to say here, except I opted for rock smash instead of superpower because Superpower lowers my Attack and Defense which In my eyes isn't worth the high power. Rock smash is 60 base power after technician and has no drawback.

:sm/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade
Gliscor deals with heatran and takes crippling status moves for its teammates. The speed investment lets it outrun all heatran minus the scarfed bois. Otherwise a pretty normal set, just specialized for taking out a certain Fire/Steel legendary (or mythical? idk) quadruped.

:sm/slowbro:
Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpA / 124 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
Slowbro deals with Keldeo, who isn't that annoying to my team but is bad enough that I got an excuse to put my favorite mon on this team :P. It's got all the coverage, y'know, Ice beam, Flamethrower, blah blah blah. It's Slowbro.

:sm/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Hazard removal, and can nab a quick KO on Heatran if Glisc goes down. Again, nothing all too special here, and can switch in on Thunder waves that would cripple Scizor or toxics that would put other teammates out of the fight.

:sm/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
Clef is the ultimate mon in ORAS. It runs a LOT of sets. This one, is utility. It can set rocks and spread paralysis, and take strong Fighting attacks from the likes of Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham.

:swsh/breloom:
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
Breloom takes down Magnezone, who traps Mega Scizor and KOs it with HP Fire. Also, it has Spore to put some mons to sleep.

Sorry the descriptions were so short, I didn't have much to say about this team. I hope you like it!

Last edited:
Hey thats a nice team you got there but I have a few things i wanted to point out toward this particular team of yours ;

First off I think in my opinion you should make gliscor full Hp defense EVs with Impish considering it doesnt get OHKO by a boosted DD Zard X’s D claw which might end up sweeping your team, you can change the moveset to a more bulkier version that needs Earthquake and Recover importantly
otherwise your only shot to beat it is to get rocks up which may be hard since most zard teams are quite offensive

Second off your team is severely weak to Zard Y so I advise scarfed Excadrill with rockslide and spin, also serves as a late game cleaner

Thats pretty much all, I’d expect a Rotom wash in your team but then again you have nice teammates for scizor already. you’ve got a pretty solid team Imo. Have fun!

Hey thats a nice team you got there but I have a few things i wanted to point out toward this particular team of yours ;

First off I think in my opinion you should make gliscor full Hp defense EVs with Impish considering it doesnt get OHKO by a boosted DD Zard X’s D claw which might end up sweeping your team, you can change the moveset to a more bulkier version that needs Earthquake and Recover importantly
otherwise your only shot to beat it is to get rocks up which may be hard since most zard teams are quite offensive

Second off your team is severely weak to Zard Y so I advise scarfed Excadrill with rockslide and spin, also serves as a late game cleaner

Thats pretty much all, I’d expect a Rotom wash in your team but then again you have nice teammates for scizor already. you’ve got a pretty solid team Imo. Have fun!
Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback and will make those changes to me team!

Bella

Lighterless
is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I really like this team, but i have like 2 pointers i want to make:
1st: Why swords dance on breloom? To be honest its too slow and frail to make use of it correctly. I suggest rock tomb instead, 90bp with technician and the speed lower is good, plus fighting + rock works well with each other. Second: this team is really weak to Kyurem-B. The evs should be changed on drill, the bulk evs makes no sense on a cleaner, and you need the power to beat kyurem. while breloom might seem like a good check in sense, chances are theres a counter to breloom on the team, since the thing is stopped cold by flying types which are common af in gen 6.
also clef should run moonblast over flamethrower. you got fire coverage with bro and the stab is more valuable to beat drags, since bro beats the steels anyways.
oh yeah and replace flamethrower on bro with fire blast. the extra power is needed. other than that, great team!

I really like this team, but i have like 2 pointers i want to make:
1st: Why swords dance on breloom? To be honest its too slow and frail to make use of it correctly. I suggest rock tomb instead, 90bp with technician and the speed lower is good, plus fighting + rock works well with each other. Second: this team is really weak to Kyurem-B. The evs should be changed on drill, the bulk evs makes no sense on a cleaner, and you need the power to beat kyurem. while breloom might seem like a good check in sense, chances are theres a counter to breloom on the team, since the thing is stopped cold by flying types which are common af in gen 6.
also clef should run moonblast over flamethrower. you got fire coverage with bro and the stab is more valuable to beat drags, since bro beats the steels anyways.
oh yeah and replace flamethrower on bro with fire blast. the extra power is needed. other than that, great team!
sorry i got back to this late, lol and thank you i will use these all on my team!

While your goal is to create the "ultimate team," the more you build to counter every pokemon will often lead to a hindrance in team synergy. For example, this team does very well to counter Mega Metagross, since Slowbro and Mega Scizor are able to wall it; However it struggles to deal with Mega Zard-Y. If you swapped Mega Scizor with Mega Latias, you could completely wall Zard-Y, while still being able to manage Metagross, however your team then becomes more vunerable to Mega Gardevoir since nothing effectively switches into it. Oftentimes players will build teams to try to counter to overarching metagame, with a handle of mons still being able to counter to some extent.

With that all being said, if you're wanting to keep a majority of the mons the same, having Excadrill, Clef, and Slowbro effectively handles a majority of the metagame alone (besides Zard-Y, Volcarona, Talonflame, Serp, Manaphy and Trick Rotom), meaning that you could op to run Mega Latias, convert Gliscor into a stall punisher with an SD Taunt variation, and have a 6th slot that covers your Volcarona weakness. The problem however is that if you select a mon like Talonflame, you'll have to give more wise attention to handling stealth rock pressure effectively. You could also remove Gliscor for a wallbreaker as well, or perhaps a wallbreaker as a mega, but everything will have it's pro's and cons once everything is settled. While Mega Latias + Talon over Scizor + Breloom facilitates in the Zard/Volcarona matchup, Mega Diancie along with Mega Zam becomes an increasing threat, meaning that either we make Clef more heavily Spdef to compensate as a Diancie switchin (which also hits on the physical side thanks to diamondstorm), or we modify the team again with another mon. Another note to keep in mind is, Rotom just isn't an easy matchup under this team style since it either burns or paralyzes critical resources, Even with some changes, Rotom can still be a threat, and a popular one at that.

https://pokepast.es/a85aa680f2cfbde1

Even though Clef can switch into Diancie (assuming it's Timid and not Modest) you also forfeit a potential weavile switchin. Thankfully defensive Talon can still switch into Weavile, provided rocks aren't up on the field. Gliscor can be effective for sweeping the lategame, and Clef can still pressure flamethrowers on switchins to Scizor, Metagross, Drill, and Ferro, while also removing leftovers from Tran, Drill, Ferro, Clef, and other mons. I would however suggest looking at this team for a reference ( https://pokepast.es/36737c58412226ff ) since while it does have a similar structure, I think it does the job more efficiently. This team however does struggle against Mega Altaria and Diancie, but it still has effective ways of managing the threats.

Here's also one of my Mega Lati teams as well for an additional refence. It handles the Diancie/Zam matchup effectively, while also handling Manaphy and having protect on gastro for opposing Weavile. Protect Gastro allows for counter options in various matchups and being paired with Sticky Hold denies Trick Rotom, while also keeping leftovers against opposing Torn. The Volcanion Spread spdef is designed to always tank +1 LifeOrb HPGround from Volcarona, with the defense added for Medicham HJK, and tanking other various EQs from mons like Drill, and Lando. https://pokepast.es/4419e7aa51dbba77

While your goal is to create the "ultimate team," the more you build to counter every pokemon will often lead to a hindrance in team synergy. For example, this team does very well to counter Mega Metagross, since Slowbro and Mega Scizor are able to wall it; However it struggles to deal with Mega Zard-Y. If you swapped Mega Scizor with Mega Latias, you could completely wall Zard-Y, while still being able to manage Metagross, however your team then becomes more vunerable to Mega Gardevoir since nothing effectively switches into it. Oftentimes players will build teams to try to counter to overarching metagame, with a handle of mons still being able to counter to some extent.

With that all being said, if you're wanting to keep a majority of the mons the same, having Excadrill, Clef, and Slowbro effectively handles a majority of the metagame alone (besides Zard-Y, Volcarona, Talonflame, Serp, Manaphy and Trick Rotom), meaning that you could op to run Mega Latias, convert Gliscor into a stall punisher with an SD Taunt variation, and have a 6th slot that covers your Volcarona weakness. The problem however is that if you select a mon like Talonflame, you'll have to give more wise attention to handling stealth rock pressure effectively. You could also remove Gliscor for a wallbreaker as well, or perhaps a wallbreaker as a mega, but everything will have it's pro's and cons once everything is settled. While Mega Latias + Talon over Scizor + Breloom facilitates in the Zard/Volcarona matchup, Mega Diancie along with Mega Zam becomes an increasing threat, meaning that either we make Clef more heavily Spdef to compensate as a Diancie switchin (which also hits on the physical side thanks to diamondstorm), or we modify the team again with another mon. Another note to keep in mind is, Rotom just isn't an easy matchup under this team style since it either burns or paralyzes critical resources, Even with some changes, Rotom can still be a threat, and a popular one at that.

https://pokepast.es/a85aa680f2cfbde1

Even though Clef can switch into Diancie (assuming it's Timid and not Modest) you also forfeit a potential weavile switchin. Thankfully defensive Talon can still switch into Weavile, provided rocks aren't up on the field. Gliscor can be effective for sweeping the lategame, and Clef can still pressure flamethrowers on switchins to Scizor, Metagross, Drill, and Ferro, while also removing leftovers from Tran, Drill, Ferro, Clef, and other mons. I would however suggest looking at this team for a reference ( https://pokepast.es/36737c58412226ff ) since while it does have a similar structure, I think it does the job more efficiently. This team however does struggle against Mega Altaria and Diancie, but it still has effective ways of managing the threats.

Here's also one of my Mega Lati teams as well for an additional refence. It handles the Diancie/Zam matchup effectively, while also handling Manaphy and having protect on gastro for opposing Weavile. Protect Gastro allows for counter options in various matchups and being paired with Sticky Hold denies Trick Rotom, while also keeping leftovers against opposing Torn. The Volcanion Spread spdef is designed to always tank +1 LifeOrb HPGround from Volcarona, with the defense added for Medicham HJK, and tanking other various EQs from mons like Drill, and Lando. https://pokepast.es/4419e7aa51dbba77
Hi, I really appreciate your feedback but I am currently happy with how my team is currently and don't want to make any major changes. I will, however, shamelessly copy take inspiration from your Mega Lati team. Thanks!

-Blakeus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)