National Dex Hisuan Zoroark Team

I noticed that Hisuan Zoroark was available to play, so I really wanted to try it out! Here's a fun team that I created for Gen 9 National Dex!
Now allow me to introduce you to the SINISTER SIX!

:sv/cyclizar:
NOT CANCER! (Cyclizar) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Spinner
- Taunt

Starting off with our lead, we have one of my favorite Pokemon in OU Who ironically enough is actually overused, we've got good ol' Cyclizar!

Yeah, I know. I can already hear the crowd booing, but trust me! Cyclizar is very valuable to the team!
  1. First of all, its Tera-Type is Fairy, so it will resist common fighting-type moves, and absolutely BLOCK the Draco Meteors from Dragapult and other Cyclizar that would usually be able to cripple your Cyclizar in one shot.
  2. Dragon Claw can help fend off the Dragapult and other Cyclizar to throw a wrench in your opponent's tail-shedding plans, especially with the Fairy Tera-Type. But Ice Spinner is the REAL offensive move in Cyclizar's set. It's there to take out common offensive threats like Garchomp and Dragonite. I LOATHE Dragonite, so Ice Spinner is a must! (Jokes on you, Dragonite! Even if you Tera-Type to Normal, I'll still wall you with my Ghost-Types! How does it feel, ya Off-Brand Charizard?!)
  3. Taunt is good for those who want to do a little trolling. It eats stall and hazard setters, and before they can Drain Punch you in the face, you can just Shed-Tail away from them, and get a Ghost-Type to hide behind your substitute wall.
  4. Oh, and Shed Tail is the move that needs no introduction! You can cowardly hide a Hisuan Zoroark behind a sub to set up your NASTY PLOTS! What an evil little villain, you are!
Now our next Pokemon on the list is the star of the show!

:sv/zoroark-hisui:
AMAHNG US! (Zoroark-Hisui) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Illusion
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Hello? Is this AMAHNG US? Imposter? Is this the Imposter from AMAHNG US?

1. Cyclizar and Zoroark make a great team! After a Shed Tail, the Zoroark can make a nasty plot. Shadow Ball is its Ghost-Type STAB. Hyper Voice is my chosen Normal-Type STAB because not only is it powerful, but the Throat Spray lets you SING IT LOUD! Your throat can get pretty tired after all that nasty plotting. So boost your special attack further with your throat spray to kick your foes while they're down!
  2. But there's one problem with your nasty plots. How are you gonna hit those Steel-Types or your fellow sus imposters? With a FLAMETHROWER, of course! Call me a Tinkaton, because I LOATHE Corviknight too! So it's a good thing I can burn them to the ground!
  3. Kingambit and Zoroark go together like Samurai Chess Pieces and Sussy Ghost Dogs! The King works as my main disguise, so you can bait them with a Four-Times Weakness to Fighting! Besides, nobody's gonna hit a Kingambit with a Dark Type move, right? Hold on... there's something off about that Kingambit... Why is it using Nasty Plot...? And how is it so fast? Aha! By the time you've figured it out, you're already too late! Time to wipe out your team!
  4. Now, I bet you're wondering... why is it Tera Dark? Well, first of all, Dark-Types aren't nearly as easy to fool. After all, it takes an evildoer to know one. They'll tear you to shreds before you even get the chance to fight back unless you Tera-Type to DARK! HAHA! And guess what? You're also immune to PRANKSTER! So whenever you meet a Whimsicott with Encore, this won't happen to you.

• Don't get caught monologuing. Tera-Type to Dark!
:sv/annihilape:
Bruno (Annihilape) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Our third villain in this Sinister Six is Bruno. We don't talk about Bruno, but being the villain I am, I'm gonna talk about Bruno anyway!
  1. Bruno here serves as a Physical Attacker and a potential Cyclizar shield or Zoroark bait. This team is pretty weak to dark types, so a fighting type is needed to save the day!
  2. Bulk Up is its most valuable move. It powers up your Fighting-Type STAB Drain Punch to gain back some health after you immediately get hit, and you'll be able to take more hits to activate your RAGE FIST! U-Turn won't be used often, but it's good to have another Getaway Driver!
  3. Vital Spirit was tempting, but I decided to use Defiant instead. It's meant to punish Defog Corviknight. Yes, I still loathe that stupid bird. I'm THAT petty. Apart from Corviknight, everyone's gonna wanna lower your stats. Especially the nefarious Sticky Web! Keep getting your stats lowered by Shadow Ball, and LET THE RAGE CONSUME YOU!
  4. All these Shadow Balls may be too much for you to handle. Water is a good defensive type, which is why it's good to have a backup plan, so you don't die to the Shadow Ball and RAGE FIST THE GHOST!
Hmm, strange. Getting hit causes me to get stronger. If you ask me, he's more like Ira Gamagori from Kill la Kill than Bruno. SO WHY DID I TALK ABOUT BRUNO?! Speaking of hazards, my whole team is weak to them! And it's also weak to ground too! I've gotta do something about this!

:sv/rotom-wash:
a washing machine (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Why yes! Of course! A washing machine! Why didn't I think of this before?!
  1. Levitate needs no introduction, and the typing is excellent in and of itself! But if you wanna get even more defensive, Tera-Typing to Steel is the way to go! You'll be immune to poison, it removes your grass weakness, and you'll STILL be immune to Ground!
  2. Defog will remove all these pesky hazards that get in your way!
  3. Oh yeah. I hate Corviknight, and I hate Dragonite even more. So me being the petty villain I am decided to add Volt Switch and Will-O-Wisp to make my opponent regret using Noodle Charizard.
  4. Also, it's a washing machine. Need I say more?
Our penultimate Pokemon is also very important to the team. It's time you meet the Impossible to Burn Alligator, SCP-628!

Oh, I'm sorry. Wrong sprite. I should've known. Scarlet/Violet would never have graphics this good.

:sv/skeledirge:
SCP-628 (Skeledirge) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Torch Song
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Charge
- Slack Off

That's right! Nobody beats The Dirge!
  1. I figured I could use one last setup shield for Cyclizar or bait for Zoroark, just for good measure. You can't expect ALL of your mons to live the whole battle, so you have gotta have a backup. It also works as a special attacker.
  2. It's already got a lot of bulk, but it's pretty slow, so I decided to invest some EVs in Speed. Because SPEED Matters! Just one use of Flame Charge, and then you'll be able to outspeed a lot of threats! Thinking about switching out? Well, THINK AGAIN! I'm already faster than you, so it's time to sing the Torch Song!
  3. Oh yeah, Torch Song! Can't go wrong with Torch Song! Especially if you use Throat Spray! Not even defensive water types are safe from your torch song! Or you could just use Shadow Ball, but I like adding insult to injury.
  4. As I said before, The Dirge has some bulk! But that won't guarantee you'll live from a Dark-Type attack! A slack-off will help you survive another day. You could use rest to deal with hazards and stuff, but I'm not going to wait for three turns just to get KOed!
I know I've got a lot of Ghost Types, so this final Pokemon should help balance it out. You know who's coming.

:sv/kingambit:
The Beyonder (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

If you somehow managed to defeat everyone else, you won't defeat Kingambit. And here's why.
  1. You already know that Kingambit is my main decoy, but he does more than just lie, cheat, and steal. The Supreme Overlord with the Black Glasses will get enough buffs to OHKO just about anyone!
  2. Being Four-Times Weak to Fighting-Types, Tera-Typing to Ghost will block your foe's chance to get an OHKO! And you'll get a free Sword's Dance, you greedy little attack hoarder you.
This is my team! Cyclizar, Zoroark, and Kingambit are gonna be your best friends, but don't feel sad for losing them. Your team just won't be the same without the other three.

ChrisPBacon

idola deus
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
Hey! I see you've got a very promising HO team here, but I think it could be even better with a couple minor changes.

Major Changes:

Change :rotom-wash: -> :dragonite:

:ss/dragonite:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Roost

On a ho team, rotom-w's utility is rather limited, since it isn't forcing any major damage for your setup sweepers, and its pivoting support isn't as required when you'd rather push as much damage as possible. Dragonite keeps the ground and water check rotom-w gave you while doubling as an excellent sweeper, especially when coupled with cyclizar's shed tail support.

Minor Changes:

:cyclizar:
EVs: 252 Atk SpA / HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Dragon Claw Draco Meteor
- Ice Spinner Rapid Spin
- Taunt

Draco Meteor's much higher base power compared to Dragon Claw allows you to get away with not running ice spinner as your way of seriously denting Garchomp and Dragonite.

:zoroark-hisui:
AMAHNG US! (Zoroark-Hisui) @ Throat Spray Normalium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot Happy Hour
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Even with Shed Tail support, Zoroark's pitiful bulk and unimpressive speed tier lead to it getting revenge killed easily, limiting its usefulness. Although not as immediately powerful, Z-Happy Hour grants you an increase in speed that can make Zoroark a much more effective cleaner.

:annihilape:
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Careful Nature
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- U-turn Taunt

Because Rage Fist has the potential to skyrocket to such absurd power, Attack evs and an Attack boosting nature can become rather redundant. Instead, having extra bulk can be the difference in surviving repeated beating from Pokemon like Dragapult, Tornadus-Therian, and Iron Valiant. You said yourself that U-Turn wasn't used often, so it's best to replace it with Taunt, which shuts down passive Pokemon like Toxapex and Skeledirge. The Speed evs mean you outspeed specially defensive Gliscor, Taunting it before it can hit you with a Toxic.

Unforunately pokepaste is down rn so I can't give you a paste with these changes, but if you implement them correctly it should be fine. Feel free to tell me what you think about the new team!

Hey! I see you've got a very promising HO team here, but I think it could be even better with a couple minor changes.

Major Changes:

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Roost

On a ho team, rotom-w's utility is rather limited, since it isn't forcing any major damage for your setup sweepers, and its pivoting support isn't as required when you'd rather push as much damage as possible. Dragonite keeps the ground and water check rotom-w gave you while doubling as an excellent sweeper, especially when coupled with cyclizar's shed tail support.

Minor Changes:

Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Ice Spinner Rapid Spin
- Taunt

Draco Meteor's much higher base power compared to Dragon Claw allows you to get away with not running ice spinner as your way of seriously denting Garchomp and Dragonite.

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot Happy Hour
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Even with Shed Tail support, Zoroark's pitiful bulk and unimpressive speed tier lead to it getting revenge killed easily, limiting its usefulness. Although not as immediately powerful, Z-Happy Hour grants you an increase in speed that can make Zoroark a much more effective cleaner.

Adamant Careful Nature
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- U-turn Taunt

Because Rage Fist has the potential to skyrocket to such absurd power, Attack evs and an Attack boosting nature can become rather redundant. Instead, having extra bulk can be the difference in surviving repeated beating from Pokemon like Dragapult, Tornadus-Therian, and Iron Valiant. You said yourself that U-Turn wasn't used often, so it's best to replace it with Taunt, which shuts down passive Pokemon like Toxapex and Skeledirge. The Speed evs mean you outspeed specially defensive Gliscor, Taunting it before it can hit you with a Toxic.

Unforunately pokepaste is down rn so I can't give you a paste with these changes, but if you implement them correctly it should be fine. Feel free to tell me what you think about the new team!
I love the changes to the team. Thank you for reading so thoroughly into this! Never would I ever have expected Z-Happy Hour to come into play, and the Z-Crystal eliminates the Knock Off weakness!

Still not down to using Dragonite, tho. You made some very valid points about Dragonite, and clearly know more about team-building than I do, but seeing Dragonite in my team would make me cry because I would become what I swore to destroy... the Dragonite... :extremecheems:

Major Changes:

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Roost

Minor Changes:

Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Ice Spinner Rapid Spin
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot Happy Hour
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Adamant Careful Nature
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- U-turn Taunt

Also, Cyclizar gets Rapid Spin? I LOVE HIM EVEN MORE NOW!

I love the changes to the team. Thank you for reading so thoroughly into this! Never would I ever have expected Z-Happy Hour to come into play, and the Z-Crystal eliminates the Knock Off weakness!

Still not down to using Dragonite, tho. You made some very valid points about Dragonite, and clearly know more about team-building than I do, but seeing Dragonite in my team would make me cry because I would become what I swore to destroy... the Dragonite... :extremecheems:

Major Changes:

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Roost

Minor Changes:

Jolly Nature
- Shed Tail
- Ice Spinner Rapid Spin
- Taunt

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot Happy Hour
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Adamant Careful Nature
- Rage Fist
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- U-turn Taunt

Okay, so after testing this team, I have found a fatal flaw with Z-Crystal Zoroark. In theory, you should be able to last longer with Z-Happy Hour. After all, it boosts EVERY stat, not just one. But I see three major problems with this set.

1. Right off the bat, the Z Move gets rid of the illusion. But that doesn't matter, as long as the stats help out, right?
  2. Yeah, this is where Problem 2 comes in. The stats aren't really that great. Sure, it's faster. But the speed doesn't really matter when you get walled by CHANCEY AND BLISSEY! I LOATHE these two with a passion. I hate them more than I hate Dragonite. Special attack is gonna be your most important stat, and you can only boost it once. That's not gonna help out against these fat pink turds, and once they force you to switch out, you can’t boost your stats again.
  3. YOUR DARK TYPE COUNTER IS GONE! Z Crystal's remove the Tera typing. And once you use your Z Crystal, your cover is blown! And if you switch out (or when), you won't be able to defend yourself!
I like the nasty plots WAY better! It eliminates all of these problems. The Cyclizar and Annihilape however are definitely improvements!

Okay, so after testing this team, I have found a fatal flaw with Z-Crystal Zoroark. In theory, you should be able to last longer with Z-Happy Hour. After all, it boosts EVERY stat, not just one. But I see three major problems with this set.

1. Right off the bat, the Z Move gets rid of the illusion. But that doesn't matter, as long as the stats help out, right?
  2. Yeah, this is where Problem 2 comes in. The stats aren't really that great. Sure, it's faster. But the speed doesn't really matter when you get walled by CHANCEY AND BLISSEY! I LOATHE these two with a passion. I hate them more than I hate Dragonite. Special attack is gonna be your most important stat, and you can only boost it once. That's not gonna help out against these fat pink turds, and once they force you to switch out, you can’t boost your stats again.
  3. YOUR DARK TYPE COUNTER IS GONE! Z Crystal's remove the Tera typing. And once you use your Z Crystal, your cover is blown! And if you switch out (or when), you won't be able to defend yourself!
I like the nasty plots WAY better! It eliminates all of these problems. The Cyclizar and Annihilape however are definitely improvements!
I haven't played that much nat dex lately, but I think the fat pink turds can't force out ghost types because if you're behind a sub, then it can't twave or toxic. Usually, the fat pink turds only have seismic toss and sometimes shadow ball. (although I think that calm mind + shadow ball is kinda outdated...)

How are the tera types for the other mons?
Maybe just go Tera Fairy on skeledirge.

Another note is that in Nat Dex I have been using this excellent set for Annhiliape. Maybe it will work for you:
Bruno (Annihilape) @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Earthquake / Protect / U-turn / Taunt
The last move is filler but the max special defense is worth it, as you live more hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)