SV OU Hitmonchan Balance Team, with Order Up Dondozo and Tailwind Gliscor

:sv/hitmonchan: | :sv/roaring moon: | :sv/tinkaton: | :sv/dondozo: | :sv/hoopa unbound: | :sv/gliscor:

Introduction

After being annoyed by the fact that hazard removal is limited and the only viable rapid spinners are all ground types, I decided to look at the list of rapid spinners available in SV. I came across two mons that I was interested in, Hitmontop and Hitmonchan (sorry Hitmonlee fans, it didn't look as good as its cousins). After trying out both, I found that Hitmonchan can be great in the right scenarios. Thus, this team was created to enable Hitmonchan's rapid spin while also trying out a few other ideas, which you can find below. It is a more defensive team that can enable heavy hitters such as Roaring Moon and Hoopa-Unbound, while defensively checking a lot of the metagame.

Teambuilding Process

:hitmontop:
First, I decided to try out Hitmontop as a spinner to see how well it would work in SV.
:hitmontop:|:roaring moon:
Then, I decided I needed a fast breaker for the team, one that could deal effectively with ghost and psychic types. Roaring Moon was chosen as an effective mon for the job.
:hitmontop:|:roaring moon:|:tinkaton:
I then realised I needed hazards and a way to deal with opposing moon as they would run over my team without proper preparation. I remembered that tinkaton has a niche of being great against moon, so I decided to slot it in as well with stealth rocks.
:hitmontop:|:roaring moon:|:tinkaton:|:dondozo:
I needed a way to deal with physical threats effectively as mons like tusk would overun the team. Dondozo was the most defensive wall I could think of.
:hitmontop:|:roaring moon:|:tinkaton:|:dondozo:|:hoopa unbound:
I then needed a way to properly beat stall and a mon that was good against special hits. I chose hoopa unbound with assault vest because it could dismantle a lot of cores effectively and was able to be a special wall.
:hitmontop:|:roaring moon:|:tinkaton:|:dondozo:|:hoopa unbound:|:gliscor:
For the final team member, I realised I had not put an electric immunity or ground immunity. Instead of replacing a mon I thought, why not do both at the same time? Gliscor was chosen over Lando-T due to its better defensive presence.
:hitmonchan:|:roaring moon:|:tinkaton:|:dondozo:|:hoopa unbound:|:gliscor:
I found that while Hitmontop worked well, it did lack offensive power. I decided to swap it out for hitmonchan because I would still have a boosted mach punch for gambit while being more offensively threatening.

The Team

Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

The main appeal of this team, Hitmonchan is a rapid spinner that can deal great damage to a variety of mons that could threaten it's rapid spin attempts. Rapid Spin of course removes hazards from the field while giving Htimonchan a speed boost. Mach punch is great priority that can revenge kill weakened opponents or can 2hit ko gambit, which is massive. Ice punch allows for chan to threaten flying types, especially gliscor and lando-T, and with tera ice can even pick up a suprise ko on them. Finally, Knock off can threaten ghost and psychic types that could be problematic for hitmonchan while removing items which means that chan can get some guarenteed progress. Overall, while this mon does have its flaws and can sometimes feel like deadweight in some matches, it can also do amazingly by offering up hazard removal and can threaten lots of the opposing team.

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

The roaring moon on this team is a standard booster acro tera flying set, not much more to say. What can be said? Knock deals with problematic ghost and psychic types that can wall hitmonchan, acrobatics is a strong move that can become even stronger with tera flying, dd can help boost up moon's speed and also make it a powerful wallbreaker, and earthquake can deal with pesky steel types that might wall the other moves such as gambit. There isn't much to explain here, moon is just an amazing mon that can either break open holes on the opposing team, or straight up sweep.

Tinkaton @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Gigaton Hammer

A more niche pick, Tinkaton fills the niche of stealth rocker and dragon check for the team. With mold breaker, it can destroy hatterene as it can set stealth rock in its face and t-wave it, which severly cripples its utility. It can also use gigaton hammer to destroy opposing fairy types that can do great damage to neutral targets. Play rough gives it a good fairy stab to destroy dragons such as wake and kyurem. Air balloon allows it to take one hit from moon and fire back with a play rough without worrying about earthquake. It also allows it to pivot into ground types such as ting-lu and tusk, though tusk is a bit of an issue for it still. Tera flying can even be used to ensure that a ground type is worse against tinkaton. Overall, tinkaton gives nice defensive utility while checking a lot of problematic mons that can threaten this team.

Dondozo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Order Up

The first unusual part of this team (If you don't count Hitmonchan), this dondozo set is unique in its ability to deal with some mons that it usually would struggle with. Order Up is Dondozo's signature move which is a 80 bp dragon move that does not make contact with the opponent. In doubles, if commander from tatsugiri is active, then it raises a stat every time it is used based on the form of tatsugiri. However, in singles it is mostly useless. However, I found that against some mons such as gouging fire and roaring moon. It does 30% to bulky gouging fire and 70% to roaring moon, which is good to include in one move. It means that these mons which could break past dondozo given enough time can not do so. It also means something like raging bolt, walking wake or kyurem will get smacked hard switching in, taking 50-60% from it. The tera type of fire means that will-o-wisp can not stop dondozo and is a good defensive typing. The rest of the set is somewhat standard, curse to boost up, waterfall as a good stab move and rest for dondozo to play the long game. Although it can sometimes be overwhelmed, dondozo can be really amazing on this team.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magician
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Future Sight
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Thunderbolt

Next up we have Hoopa-Unbound, the dedictaed special wall and stall breaker of the team. It has worked very well for me with this set using assault vest. Future sight can set up quite a few nasty spots for teams as mons like blissey do not want to take a physical hit, or something like tusk does not want to take a future sight but has to switch into a knock off. This allows for hoopa to effectively break through cores as it can force a lot of messy scenarios. Knock off is a great offensive move that can also allow for progress against boots teams. Drain punch gives decent recovery while also threatening steel types like gambit that may want to switch into Hoopa, and with tera fighting it can do more damage while resisting u-turns and not getting ohko'd by +2 gambit sucker punch. Finally, thunderbolt allows you to hit various flying types such as skarm or corv while being amazing against mons such as dondozo and primarina. Overall, Hoopa-Unbound is an integral part of this team as it can help break through various opponents while providing some special defensive backbone. The ev's could definetely be optimized to improve damage output, so some help their is appreciated.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Tailwind

This gliscor set is a unique one that I developed after looking through gliscor's movepool. Since I have two knock off users and a stealth rocker, the fourth moveslot was left open to other moves. While I could have chosen something like facade or sd, I decided to try out tailwind and it has been decent. With this move, you can outspeed any unboosted mon at a speed stat of 452. This means that some slower scarfers such as Lando-T are also outsped, which means gliscor can get off a toxic or e-quake easily. It also means you do not have to invest in EV's in speed so they can be dedicated in defenses or attack, in this case I chose to put it in sp.Defense, which has saved me a few times. The rest of the set is standard, protect, toxic and e-quake are good moves on gliscor while tera steel allows for a good defensive type while resisting kyurem's freeze dry. Overall, gliscor is a great defensive mon that can be an emergency check to a lot of mons with a fast move that will catch the opponent off guard.
Conclusion

Overall, this team is one I am proud of. I make many gimmick teams using unconventional moves/mons, but this one has worked out great. It does need tweaking, and I hope that I can improve it further so it can do even better.

Roller K

detached
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Very cool team of Pokemon! The hitmon-trio are hard to work with, but they each fill interesting niches, and I'm glad you explored them with Hitmontop and Hitmonchan. While I love a gimmicky team and have made many throughout my time on Showdown, this is an example of a team that is so heat that I call it "burned." I did this all the time while learning to build where I would take a bunch of sets that were niche or gimmicky and slap them together in one team. It's a part of the learning process, but I'm here to help turn down the heat a little bit and make it a solidly heat team that can perform more consistently. Attached below is a Pokepaste of my suggestions for the team.

My version: :hitmontop: :roaring-moon: :clefable: :dondozo: :hoopa-unbound: :gliscor:

Changes:

1. :hitmontop: > :hitmonchan:: I assume you used Intimidate on :hitmontop: when testing, which is why it felt pretty weak. Iron Fist and higher base Attack stat on :hitmonchan: seems more appealing in comparison if you want a strong physical attacker. However, :hitmontop: gets Technician, making it stronger in practice. Not only does it do more damage due to the 1.5x boost instead of Iron Fist's 1.2x boost, but more of its moves get boosted. Most notably, it gets a very strong 180 BP Triple Axel! It even has a higher Defense stat to help with its bulk. The only notable thing it loses is Knock Off, but your team has two other Knock Off users, so that is hardly an issue. My set has Mach Punch for priority, Rapid Spin for removal, Triple Axel to punish tanky Ground- and Dragon-types, and Earthquake for :gholdengo:. Tera Steel is to tank a Make it Rain from :gholdengo: and random Dragon- and Fairy-type moves. Heavy-Duty Boots is required over Assault Vest since the team lacks a grounded Poison to handle Toxic Spikes.
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Triple Axel (120 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 432-516 (122 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 300-352 (87.9 - 103.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

:hitmonchan:
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 228-272 (64.4 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 256-304 (75 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

2. :clefable: > :tinkaton:: This is the only change I am a bit iffy on. :clefable: is much better at handling Dragon-types, it is bulkier than :tinkaton:, it is an amazing Knock Off and status absorber in junction with :gliscor:, and it is less predictable than :tinkaton:. The biggest concern with this change is being very vulnerable to Fairy-types. If you face :hatterene:/:enamorus:/:iron-valiant:/:primarina:/Calm Mind :clefable:, you will almost always have to Tera Poison with :hoopa-unbound:. Luckily, that is one of the preferred tera captains of the team, and it should take on the Fairies very well. What made me decide :clefable: is better is its ability to Wish pass. Pokemon like :hoopa-unbound: become so difficult to take down with Wish support, and it allows the team to pivot more into various hits and not suffer as much. Using :hitmontop:/:hitmonchan: naturally puts you in a bit of a 5v6 situation, but Wish helps alleviate this issue, which is why I like :clefable: over :tinkaton:. The moveset is Moonblast, Stealth Rock, Wish, and Protect.

3. :roaring-moon:: The team struggles with speed control, and the team is not quite Semi Stall or Stall, so this is a pertinent issue. Balance wants at least one form of speed control, and they usually opt for :meowscarada: or :weavile:. On this team, I think :roaring-moon: is completely fine since :hitmontop: already covers for Triple Axel, and :roaring-moon: gives the team an extra win condition. Booster Speed is preferred since you already have strong breaking capabilities with :hoopa-unbound:, and the speed boost can help a lot against :dragapult:/:iron-valiant:/etc. I put Taunt > Earthquake since you already have two users of Earthquake and :dondozo: handles the Steel-types in the metagame fairly well. Taunt will allow for more chances to set up and just be an annoying anti-lead if needed. You can keep Earthquake if you see it putting in more work.

4. :dondozo:: Order Up is cool and all, but again, this is a case of cooking too hard. Sleep Talk provides the set way more pressure, as the sleeping turns are not dead turns, and :dondozo: is still threatening the opponent. I opted for Tera Fighting over Tera Fire to help against strong Dark-type users, especially Black Glasses Tera Dark :kingambit: who is notorious for shredding through fat teams. The tera can be tweaked as well as you see fit (Tera Dragon for :ogerpon-wellspring:, Tera Steel for :roaring-moon:, etc.), but I do not recommend Tera Fire at all.

5. :hoopa-unbound:: Due to a lack of pivoting moves and strong breakers that can force awkward switches, I decided Future Sight would not prove too useful. I opted for Psychic Noise instead, as it still deals big damage while helping a lot against opposing tanky teams to wear them down over time. Tera Poison is necessary to take on Fairy-types, and it does so pretty well. I considered Gunk Shot > Thunderbolt as Tera Poison boosts the damage and it helps greatly against Calm Mind versions of :clefable:/:primarina:, but Thunderbolt is likely the better option to hit :skarmory:/:corviknight:/:dondozo:, as you had mentioned those and they cause your team lots of trouble.

6. :gliscor:: Tailwind is another case of cooking too hard. Spikes will go way further in 99% of games. Since you have no spin blocker and :clefable: handles weather matchups with Tera Water, I decided Tera Ghost would be best to keep Spikes and Stealth Rock up throughout a game.

7. Notable EV Changes:
a. :roaring-moon:: 220 Attack / 252 Speed and Jolly Nature allows for Booster Energy to boost Speed instead of Attack. The leftover EVs are pumped into Defense.
b. :dondozo:: I've never tried this EV spread before admittedly, but it has a somewhat similar defensive stat distribution to :alomomola:. Max Defense and Impish Nature will allow :dondozo: to be a strong defensive pivot, and max Special Defense will enable :dondozo: to sweep more easily with Curse since special attacks won't be able to revenge as well. :clefable: will also be able to heal :dondozo: more with Wish, so that's neat.
c. :hoopa-unbound:: I stole the EV spread from the Damage Calculator. Here is the analysis if you want a better understanding of what the spread is meant to do.

Hopefully, these changes will help you perform even better with the team. I'm happy it's been working for you so far, and I hope you can get to the HitmonTop of the ladder! :hitmontop: :hitmontop: :hitmontop:

Very cool team of Pokemon! The hitmon-trio are hard to work with, but they each fill interesting niches, and I'm glad you explored them with Hitmontop and Hitmonchan. While I love a gimmicky team and have made many throughout my time on Showdown, this is an example of a team that is so heat that I call it "burned." I did this all the time while learning to build where I would take a bunch of sets that were niche or gimmicky and slap them together in one team. It's a part of the learning process, but I'm here to help turn down the heat a little bit and make it a solidly heat team that can perform more consistently. Attached below is a Pokepaste of my suggestions for the team.

My version: :hitmontop: :roaring-moon: :clefable: :dondozo: :hoopa-unbound: :gliscor:

Changes:

1. :hitmontop: > :hitmonchan:: I assume you used Intimidate on :hitmontop: when testing, which is why it felt pretty weak. Iron Fist and higher base Attack stat on :hitmonchan: seems more appealing in comparison if you want a strong physical attacker. However, :hitmontop: gets Technician, making it stronger in practice. Not only does it do more damage due to the 1.5x boost instead of Iron Fist's 1.2x boost, but more of its moves get boosted. Most notably, it gets a very strong 180 BP Triple Axel! It even has a higher Defense stat to help with its bulk. The only notable thing it loses is Knock Off, but your team has two other Knock Off users, so that is hardly an issue. My set has Mach Punch for priority, Rapid Spin for removal, Triple Axel to punish tanky Ground- and Dragon-types, and Earthquake for :gholdengo:. Tera Steel is to tank a Make it Rain from :gholdengo: and random Dragon- and Fairy-type moves. Heavy-Duty Boots is required over Assault Vest since the team lacks a grounded Poison to handle Toxic Spikes.
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Triple Axel (120 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 432-516 (122 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 300-352 (87.9 - 103.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

:hitmonchan:
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 228-272 (64.4 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kingambit: 256-304 (75 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

2. :clefable: > :tinkaton:: This is the only change I am a bit iffy on. :clefable: is much better at handling Dragon-types, it is bulkier than :tinkaton:, it is an amazing Knock Off and status absorber in junction with :gliscor:, and it is less predictable than :tinkaton:. The biggest concern with this change is being very vulnerable to Fairy-types. If you face :hatterene:/:enamorus:/:iron-valiant:/:primarina:/Calm Mind :clefable:, you will almost always have to Tera Poison with :hoopa-unbound:. Luckily, that is one of the preferred tera captains of the team, and it should take on the Fairies very well. What made me decide :clefable: is better is its ability to Wish pass. Pokemon like :hoopa-unbound: become so difficult to take down with Wish support, and it allows the team to pivot more into various hits and not suffer as much. Using :hitmontop:/:hitmonchan: naturally puts you in a bit of a 5v6 situation, but Wish helps alleviate this issue, which is why I like :clefable: over :tinkaton:. The moveset is Moonblast, Stealth Rock, Wish, and Protect.

3. :roaring-moon:: The team struggles with speed control, and the team is not quite Semi Stall or Stall, so this is a pertinent issue. Balance wants at least one form of speed control, and they usually opt for :meowscarada: or :weavile:. On this team, I think :roaring-moon: is completely fine since :hitmontop: already covers for Triple Axel, and :roaring-moon: gives the team an extra win condition. Booster Speed is preferred since you already have strong breaking capabilities with :hoopa-unbound:, and the speed boost can help a lot against :dragapult:/:iron-valiant:/etc. I put Taunt > Earthquake since you already have two users of Earthquake and :dondozo: handles the Steel-types in the metagame fairly well. Taunt will allow for more chances to set up and just be an annoying anti-lead if needed. You can keep Earthquake if you see it putting in more work.

4. :dondozo:: Order Up is cool and all, but again, this is a case of cooking too hard. Sleep Talk provides the set way more pressure, as the sleeping turns are not dead turns, and :dondozo: is still threatening the opponent. I opted for Tera Fighting over Tera Fire to help against strong Dark-type users, especially Black Glasses Tera Dark :kingambit: who is notorious for shredding through fat teams. The tera can be tweaked as well as you see fit (Tera Dragon for :ogerpon-wellspring:, Tera Steel for :roaring-moon:, etc.), but I do not recommend Tera Fire at all.

5. :hoopa-unbound:: Due to a lack of pivoting moves and strong breakers that can force awkward switches, I decided Future Sight would not prove too useful. I opted for Psychic Noise instead, as it still deals big damage while helping a lot against opposing tanky teams to wear them down over time. Tera Poison is necessary to take on Fairy-types, and it does so pretty well. I considered Gunk Shot > Thunderbolt as Tera Poison boosts the damage and it helps greatly against Calm Mind versions of :clefable:/:primarina:, but Thunderbolt is likely the better option to hit :skarmory:/:corviknight:/:dondozo:, as you had mentioned those and they cause your team lots of trouble.

6. :gliscor:: Tailwind is another case of cooking too hard. Spikes will go way further in 99% of games. Since you have no spin blocker and :clefable: handles weather matchups with Tera Water, I decided Tera Ghost would be best to keep Spikes and Stealth Rock up throughout a game.

7. Notable EV Changes:
a. :roaring-moon:: 220 Attack / 252 Speed and Jolly Nature allows for Booster Energy to boost Speed instead of Attack. The leftover EVs are pumped into Defense.
b. :dondozo:: I've never tried this EV spread before admittedly, but it has a somewhat similar defensive stat distribution to :alomomola:. Max Defense and Impish Nature will allow :dondozo: to be a strong defensive pivot, and max Special Defense will enable :dondozo: to sweep more easily with Curse since special attacks won't be able to revenge as well. :clefable: will also be able to heal :dondozo: more with Wish, so that's neat.
c. :hoopa-unbound:: I stole the EV spread from the Damage Calculator. Here is the analysis if you want a better understanding of what the spread is meant to do.

Hopefully, these changes will help you perform even better with the team. I'm happy it's been working for you so far, and I hope you can get to the HitmonTop of the ladder! :hitmontop: :hitmontop: :hitmontop:
Okay, I like the changes you made. I will admit, maybe I cooked a bit too hard on this one. And yet somehow this is on the lower side of heat for me ... Says a lot about my teambuilding cause I tend to switch up a lot of teams (I've created 40 teams for DLC2 for context lmao). The next team I make is most likely going to be better.
Few things I gotta say.
1. I actually did try technician on hitmontop when I tried it first, but I leaned a bit too far into it with thief. This is definetely a better version of that and is more consistent.
2. While clefable was alright, I did miss tinkaton a lot. Fairy types the team struggles a decent amount, but it can be done with roaring moon to outspeed them/ko them outright.
3. I do think that psychic noise is great on Hoopa-U, but I do miss tera fighting a bit to counter Gambit easier. Still, it most likely is the best option to choose tera poison.
4. Gliscor's tera can be alright in some scenarios, but I found that a generally more defensive tera such as water or steel works better.
I think this team might be my turning point in teambuilding, as I'm going to be sticking to more ordinary teams that pack something unique. Still, fun team to make and I don't regret making it.
Thank you for reviewing and revising the team. :)

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
HI! Your idea seems great to me but few things to be noted
Remember for future RMT posts
  • Please provide a pokepaste for ur team
  • Please give some replays with this team working and mention ur achievements in ladder / tour (peak)
  • Please provide what the team is weak against (potential thread)

-: Team Rating :-
Coming to team rating, I found the team pretty standard at my first glance but a bit of changes can make it work better
Also Roller K already gave his suggestions which would be much better than mine and he pointed out 70% of what i wanted to tell u so i will try to end this shortly

1)Change :leftovers: --> :heavy duty boots: / :assault vest: on :hitmonchan:
The basic reason is that ur using hitmonchan as a hazard removal so u dont need leftovers recovery, u can use heavy duty boots. Heavy duty boots means that u can remove hazards without getting damaged by them so basically u can get rid of hazards in a better way. Also use drain punch for reliable recovery instead of mach punch cuz u wont need priority when u have an unaware pokemon. U can try tera ghost whihc will help u counter corviknight and skarmory with body press and also help u vs Zamazenta. My suggested set would look like this :-
:sv/hitmonchan: :heavy-duty-boots: / :assault vest:
Hitmonchan @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Assault Vest
Tera Type: Ice / Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
You can also try another set that is meant to highly damage ur oppo with bulk up set up. This would work nicely as well
:sv/hitmonchan: :leftovers:
Hitmonchan @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
This set helps u set up sweep on its own as speed + hazard control is done by rapid spin. You can try this as well

2) Change the :dondozo: set
What is the use of order up ? It does nothing to the metagame. Body press / Sleep talk is a much better option than Order up. Body press with unaware walls everything. Also why r u max attack ? Max attack on a defensive mon makes no sense so I would suggest you to go for Sleep talk / Body Press. Sleep talk provides u to attack even when ur dozo is sleeping and body press allows u to attack Ogerpon-wellspring (Water absorb) so both works. My syggested set is :-
:sv/dondozo: :leftovers: / :heavy duty boots:
Dondozo @ Leftovers / Heavy-duty-boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Body Press
- Rest
- Curse

3) Change the :Gliscor: set a bit
Gliscor doesnt need tailwind at all since ur team is not based on damaging ur oppo and basically your team is bulky enough to live hits from ur oppo's side so yea idt u will need tailwind speed boost. Instead use spikes. U can set up stealth rock with tinkaton and then layer up spikes with ur team members. This can be very useful for u. U can also use facade swords dance set but that doesnt pair much well with this team maybe. However, u can try it out. My suggested set is :-
:sv/gliscor: :toxic orb:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Protect
- Toxic
This is stall set + spikes stack up (if u want to make it a hazard stack team)
:sv/gliscor: :toxic orb:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Protect
This is so that u can just make use of it and sweep but believe me, its a good set

4) Change :hoopa-unbound: into :slowking-galar:
Slowking-galar or Glowking (ima say glowking since its short) is a better future sight setter and also is better than hoopa. There are a few reasons behind it why i prefer Glowking more than Hoopa-u
  • Glowking has can make better use of Future sight and has sludge bomb. Also u dont always need AV on this thing to live hits. If u follow Change 1, u will know that i suggested u AV hitmonchan so it pairs well with it and u dont need AV. You can just run HDB
  • Second reason is that it can use Toxic, Thunder wave and has Chilly reception and is slow which means that u can bring ur mons in safely.
  • The last reason is that it doesnt get destroyed by U-turn which is present in every teams basically. Also it has regenerator which gives u recovery when u switch out
My suggested Glowking set looks like :-
:sv/slowking-galar: :heavy duty boots:
Slowking-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
You can use this thing

5) Encore / Ice Hammer --> Play Rough on :tinkaton:
This is the last change that i would suggest u. Main reason behind this is that Ice hammer hits Ground type pokemons like landorus easily so u dont need to worry about any lando switchins. Instead they need to think twice about doing it. Encore is suggested since u can block ur oppo's stat boosts and also helps a lot vs pokemon like Latias set up sweeper that use stored power which cant be walled by unaware too. U can try knock off as well but like u alread have many knock off users so not mandetory. Thus, this is my suggested tinkaton set :-
:sv/tinkaton: :air balloon: / :leftovers:
Tinkaton @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gigaton Hammer
- Knock Off / Ice Hammer
- Stealth Rock
- Encore / Thunder Wave

Alternative Options
:sv/samurott-hisui: :heavy duty boots:
Samurott-Hisui @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Razor Shell
- Encore
- Knock Off
:sv/iron crown: :assault vest:
Iron Crown @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Future Sight
- Tachyon Cutter
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
:sv/landorus-therian: :rocky helmet:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP / 44 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt / Grass Knot
- U-turn
:sv/dragonite: :heavy duty boots:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Roost
:sv/kingambit: :leftovers:
Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
:sv/great tusk: :leftovers: / :heavy duty boots:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers / Heavy-duty-boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin

Conclusion
Overall, the team looks standard and fine but keep this things in mind. Also Roller K is a much more experienced player than me so surely follow his instructions as well. If u didnt understand any part of my explanation or u have any query / doubt then feel free to surely tag me and ask me ur doubts. Good luck laddering and have fun. Thank you!
:sv/hitmonchan: Bye :sv/hitmonchan:

I hope to god you find gold with this team because hitmonchan is one of my faves of all time.

The thing is, if you're looking for longevity I'd go as the previous poster said and go with Drain Punch instead, and then dropping Leftovers for HDB. You could go Life Orb if you still wanna burn the kitchen. Life Orb is worth some consideration since it makes Drain Punch surprisingly difficult to hold at 117BP+STAB, and its recoil is mitigated by its lifesteal, though it'll make it much more aggressive instead of just spinning and gtfo.

I'd say to keep Mach Punch in. It's not only speed control, but also an extra hit to ensure you make switch-ins much shakier. If they barely tank a Drain/Ice Punch, Mach Punch will finish the job - it's similar to Conkeldurr in this aspect. Losing Knock-Off isn't a big deal either since you have multiple users.

I'll also reinforce what they said about spiking, and in the same vein I'd also suggest taking a second look at Hoopa-U. It overlaps with RM, and it seems like your team would make good use of a pivot to reset and reposition, so Glowking would fit the bill very well while still applying Future Sight pressure. Those two changes will give not only an easier response to special threats, but also Spikes pressure + Chilly Reception pivoting will give your opponent way less leeway to make mistakes.

Both players above are much more experienced than myself however, so do follow their instructions more than my own

Gl and please get to 1900s with Hitmonchan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)