SS UU HO feat. Chansey

Hi everyone! This is the team I've been using to push to 1250 on the UU ladder. I've only played for 40-ish games on the ladder but I'm already pretty happy with how it's been preforming.

The team!
:azelf: :krookodile: :conkeldurr: :primarina: :darmanitan: :chansey:

:ss/azelf:
Azelf's speed tier is fantastic, letting it outspeed many non-prankster leads. It's speed lets it almost always get a Taunt off and with sash, it can get up rocks really easily. Knock off does really good damage and also letting it cripple potential sweepers. Explosion hits suprisingly hard potentially doing more than half on an uninvested Scizor.

:ss/krookodile:
With scarf, Krook can outspeed a solid chunk of the non-boosted non-scarfed meta. With moxie, Krook fills the role of a good late game cleaner once most walls have been broken by Primarina/Conk/Darm. Krook can also come in pretty safely and hit things like Mence and Rotom-H with a big stone edge. It's also a pretty good pivot, forcing out threats like Lycanroc and Aegislash.

:ss/conkeldurr:
The ultimate wallbreaker. Conk can come in on pretty much any neutral physical hit and hit back like a mountain with drain punch and knock off. Ice punch can catch enemy Salamence off guard and mach punch also lets it be a pretty potent revenge killer. Drain punch allows for a surprising amount of longevity on top of Conk's good base HP and Def.

:ss/primarina:
Primarina is an incredibly potent wallbreaker with specs to allowing it to OHKO Scizor. It also gets really good coverage which can catch people off guard when switching into Tentacruel and other poison types. Primarina synergizes pretty well with Darmanitan and Chansey, because Chansey can easily pivot into bulky grasses like Tangrowth and Amoonguss.

:ss/darmanitan:
Life orb + sheer force allows Darm to OHKO Tangrowth with rocks and deal huge chunks of damage to lots of the metagame. Nothing really wants to switch in on a full power flare blitz that isn't a dedicated wall. It also makes for an incredibly good revenge killer on slower mons and sometimes I run scarf on it to pick up kills on faster mons.

:ss/chansey:
Chansey is a really helpful pivot on my team. No special mon can really do anything to it and spreading toxic is really nice. With teleport it can allow for safe switches into other mons which is immensely helpful on relatively frail team.

THREATS:

:celesteela: :metagross:
Bulky steels are rough because my only real answer for them is Darm and with life orb and recoil damage stacking up, it doesn't last very long.

:klefki: :grimmsnarl:
I have trouble dealing with screens. Most of the time I try to stall them out with Chansey which doesn't always work.

:rotom-heat: :rotom-wash:
The Rotoms are trouble because I really only have Krook (which honestly doesn't answer it that well) for Heat and not really anything for Wash.

CALCS:
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 464-547 (65.9 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 211-248 (63.7 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Azelf Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 132-156 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 348-409 (123.8 - 145.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 114-135 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Krookodile Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 192-226 (63.3 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Krookodile Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 244-288 (73.7 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

REPLAYS
I don't save replays, but I'll put some here later.

Last edited:
why... would you use chansey on a hyper ofensive team? it just saps momentum and forces a longer game. i legit never played a uu game in my life but ive used Ho and u generally dont want choice locked mons u want many set up sweepers. sorry if im incorrect (idk shit bout uu).

Yeah, honestly I think I might've mislabeled the team a little bit? It's more of a bulky offense with Chansey and Conk. Open to suggestions on who would be a better bulky pivot in place of Chansey though.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey StevenStone_, Chansey offense is a pretty fun team structure, but can still end up a bit awkward despite having Teleport. With the hazards "nerf" this gen since the addition of Heavy Duty Boots it just is not worth it to have a suicide lead that can only set one layer of hazards. Chansey is also easy to Defog on, even if it's using Teleport to get in a breaker. Scarf Krookodile is also more of a BO glue mon and does not fit the HO style Azelf attempts. I think it's best to opt for a Bulky Offense approach given the nature of Krookodile and Conkeldurr especially.

Major Changes
:azelf: :darmanitan: -> :rotom-heat:
Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Defog
- Pain Split

As mentioned earlier, Azelf's suicide role from previous gens is just outdated now and is not worth giving up an entire slot for. While the team does have a fair amount of offensive pressure, it is difficult to stay healthy without hazard removal. Rotom-H is able to check Pokemon like Scizor that Darmanitan would and pivot in the same manner while running Defog. Pain Split also gives it much more longevity than Life Orb Darmanitan. It is slowed a tad to underspeed opposing Rotom-H to gain momentum with Volt Switch.

:primarina: -> :scizor: :amoonguss:
Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 4 Def / 232 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

Primarina is rather similar to Conkeldurr on this sort of team in terms of their role. They're both strong wallbreakers with respectable defenses. Primarina has the better typing defensively, but Conkeldurr is able to shine more with Chansey with its raw power while being able to switch moves. Having priority also makes it more worthwhile to keep. With Primarina and dead slot Azelf removed, there is space for two more Pokemon. Scizor and Amoonguss make great glue. Amoonguss is able to generate free turns for Chansey and Conkeldurr with Spore and replace Primarina as the Fighting-type resist. Scizor also provides a good amount of utility with its typing, priority, and ability to pivot around with Rotom-H and Chansey. It can clean up with Swords Dance as well once Conkeldurr has punched in some holes.

Minor Changes
:Krookodile:
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock Krookodile is an easy way to compress roles and makes Chansey less vulnerable/having to give up either Toxic or Teleport. Krookodile will often be the Knock Off switch in if Amoonguss is weakened, so it's not too damning.

:conkeldurr:
Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Drain Punch Conkeldurr can somewhat offset the Flame Orb recoil and occasional Rocky Helmet damage. Facade already hits absurdly hard so a weaker STAB is not issue. Not being worn down as fast should give you more turns to click with Conkeldurr.

:conkeldurr: :chansey: :rotom-heat: :scizor: :amoonguss: :krookodile:
https://pokepast.es/074418cd70dc7ff9

Rotom-H should help you against the bulky Steel-types you were struggling with originally since it is not worn down as easily as Darmanitan. Light Clay ban has made Dual Screens Offense practically nonexistent, but Defog support helps there too (bonus points for removing terrain). The Rotom formes should not be too much of an issue between Krookodile, Amoonguss, and Chansey. Though, it does require getting predictions correct to prevent your opponent from getting momentum off a Volt Switch. Hope you enjoy the edited team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)