Hobbies!

I'm curious to know what sort of hobbies (apart from Pokémon obviously) smogon enjoys.
I myself am a fan of military modelling. It's for old guys, yes but it's still really fun. Here's a few pics from my new build, Eduard's 1/48 spitfire mk 9c:
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1371.JPG

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I don't think it counts as much, but I'm getting really into men's fashion. I'm a big fan of pastels and hunting through charity shops etc for nice stuff with a friend has become a little pasttime. Currently learning how to sew so I can go on to garment construction, which should be pretty fun.

That would be Puyo Puyo to me. It is the one game alongside Pokemon that I play competitively - but unlike Pokemon, I do have a somewhat competitive skill level there. As in "I reached 265 world ranking in Puyo Puyo Tetris for Switch until I took a break" (and a connection issue is not letting me play much now). As in "I only know one guy in all of latin america that I can say he/she is better than me at Puyo".

Examples of me playing here: (In both, I'm the one in the left)

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Hobbies are sweet folks, get yourself one. Some people, including myself, skew the thin line between hobby and full blown obsession. When your hobby of choice starts to feel like work-time for a new hobby. I really enjoy reading about history in all forms. I also like to joke a whole lot both irl and online, helps to keep things interesting. Having good times with good peoples is great fun. Music is less of a hobby and more of a full blown obsession and im okay with that.

My big hobby used to be collecting baseball memorabilia. Mainly cards and such, but a few other things too. My collection isn’t near as big as it used to be it was at a point 20,000+ Strong. I’d like to get back into it but I can’t financially do it :/

akaFila

butterscotch love
Fapping is pretty fun, do a lot of that.

Pokemans online is lovely business too.

Is drinking considered a hobby?

Flare

ENDURANCE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if this one counts as a hobby, but I like to watch technology-related videos every now and then.
And whenever I have the chance...I try to draw, tho I'm not really good :s

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I do 3d memes and photography, as well as classic nerd hobbies mtg and D&D. I also keep bees, and would like to get back into sewing.

Fixed it for you <3

You keep mentioning these bees and I have yet to see them. Bring me the Bees!

I swim as a hobby, it's fun. I also developed a minor obsession for formal men's fashion. I've been getting a lot of suits tailored recently, it's nice.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That would be Puyo Puyo to me. It is the one game alongside Pokemon that I play competitively - but unlike Pokemon, I do have a somewhat competitive skill level there. As in "I reached 265 world ranking in Puyo Puyo Tetris for Switch until I took a break" (and a connection issue is not letting me play much now). As in "I only know one guy in all of latin america that I can say he/she is better than me at Puyo".

Examples of me playing here: (In both, I'm the one in the left)
Puyo puyo is really fun but I still suck at it. Did you mostly learn stuff in your own? I know there's puyonexus but it seems that is mostly just showing and not so much how.

Puyo puyo is really fun but I still suck at it. Did you mostly learn stuff in your own? I know there's puyonexus but it seems that is mostly just showing and not so much how.
I had to learn on my own because Puyo Nexus did not even exist when I got to know the series (2001). Since there are no particularly great tutorials it's best to try to watch as many as possible (there are a few on YouTube, as well as the in-game tutorials, and I personally learned how to chain fairly well by looking at Fever's premade chains).

Last edited:
If questioned as to what my favorite hobbies are besides gaming, then my response would be doing outdoor activities such as backpacking and camping or trying to be hilarious (Although my jokes are somewhat unique). If looking for an awesome spot to camp, then I'd suggest camping up in Wenatchee State park. (Beautiful scenery and tons of wild life!)

Raidx

Banned deucer.
I play my keyboard as a hobby, as well as play Melee semi-competitively (don't attend tours just yet but I follow the scene deeply and play netplay).I also like to watch anime and idk if this counts as a hobby, but I love cars :p

I really enjoy hiking and geology. I love the satisfaction of getting to the top of a tall peak. Rocks are also my thing, so finding cool rocks on hikes is another benefit. I'm also a car enthusiast (profile pic give that away?)
Hope you all have a gneiss day!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I enjoy playing and watching hockey in my spare time. Went to my first game when I was 7, have loved it ever since.

I like to doodle and digitally draw on paint tool sai. I also like baking time to time for fun and going to different restaurants around my town lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)