SM OU Hoopa-Unbound Team

Hi, it's me again back with another team. I need help making this team stand out. I absolutely adore hoopa-unbound in this meta and think it's pretty underated.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt

The star of this show; I picked hoopa as it provides really good offence and is a physical threat to anything slower than it. Hyperspace Fury is a fantastic move that allows you to easily counter stall mons such as Celesteela and Toxapex as it breaks through protect barriers. Gunk Shot is to deal with fairy types and can be a good move if you can predict fairies switching in. Drain Punch is great coverage to deal with (mega) Tyranitar, Greninja (prediction), Chansey and most steel types. Zen Headbutt is a great STAB move that has the chance to flinch and can take down walls like Toxapex with ease.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

Magearna has amazing synergy with Hoopa, providing great coverage for Hoopa's weaknesses. It's typing makes it a threat to most teams and is an amazing switch-in for most Pokémon as it is able to eat up a lot of powerful moves with ease. Volt Switch allows it to switch out and deal some chip damage to flying types. Fleur Cannon is pretty much a staple of Magearna that being because it is an amazing STAB move that one shots a lot of Pokémon whether they are neutral or weak to fairy. The lowered stat can easily be rectified by switching out either manually or with volt switch. Focus blast is pretty unreliable I've realised and I would like to replace it as it misses a lot. It is good for taking down Heatran but it isn't winning any fights. Iron Head is good at walling fairy types and can even stop Pokémon like TTar and had the possibility to flinch.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

This set is a pretty standard hazard entry set with Stealth Rocks over Spikes as it can hit everything rather than just grounded pokemon. Leech Seed is good at taking down bulky Pokémon and other entry setters like Chansey or Toxapex. Gyro Ball and Power Whip are simply STAB moves that are used for chip damage.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Ash Greninja is my Landorus-T wall and Speed Control of the team. Once it becomes ash Greninja it can dominate most teams. Hydro Pump is a great move for Greninja as it hits hard and is STAB stopping Pokémon like Heatran and Landorus-T. Unfortunately, it does have a chance to miss so I was considering running Surf instead. Dark Pulse helps to deal with psychic types and can be effective at dealing chip damage to Pokémon like Ferrothorn etc. Water Shuriken is my priority move of the team and it is boosted also. Ice beam simply for coverage.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Standard special attacking Heatran can prove very effective at dealing with threats on switch-in. A lot of Pokémon can't take a hit from magma storm well and the trapping element of it is pretty good at getting Pokémon like Magnezone trapped. This Pokémon also acts as a stealth rocker just in case Ferrothorn can't reliably enter or it faints.

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

My defogger / z-move user. Z-Hurricane is a monster of a move dealing massive damage to a lot of Pokémon and can one shot most grass types. Knock off is good at preparing for walls to be torn down as it can get rid of leftovers and other really annoying items. U-Turn allows me to get out of there quickly.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and give advice. All advice is welcome and I'd love to make improvements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)