SS OU Hope joey make a video of this i made team... Peak +2000 ladder

Hi guys, first of all, my english is bad,so sorry of the misses,i will try my best writing this post
I want share my ladder's team that i make basing on the metagame and i hope someone can share this team to joey and i want see how he will play this team.

the team
807-0.png

Zeraora @ Magnet
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
The first member : zeraora has a lot of coverage,can knock items and make momentum,also can be late game sweeper. You can also carry grass knot agains hipp,but i pref that set
591-0.png

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
The second member: amoongus is amazing,can endure a lot of hits and is my mainly check against rillaboom. Sludge bomb for poison tangrowth,mandibuzz or what u can hit
Foul play is really good against sd excadrill or scizor. What can i say,really good mon

36-0.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

3rd member : unaware against booster,if u can toxic before better, i run heal bell instead of toxic bc i pref heal my team of toxic or burns. This evs make me endure volcarona flamethrower after rocks and walls every physical sweeper

pokemon_urshifu_2x.png

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

The 4th member : this is a beast, an unstoppable beast, my mainly wall breaker. I run posion jab for catch togekiss, but u also could run u turn. Wicked blow does +50% on non-dark resist walls like tang or tox so its great

530-0.png

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 232 HP / 244 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Earthquake

The 5th member: excadrill is too useful and good. Rocker and spinner. Can toxic predicting change to tanky mons.
I use these speed evs for be faster than specs aegislash if has the +spa nature and if u spin one time u are faster than urshifu
226-0.png

Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Haze
- Scald

Last member : mainly check of cinderace, it also walls entire rain team and even +2 volcarona. Haze for bulk up cinde and toxic to catch tanks or sweepers for make clefaeble stall
I didn't see this mon as a tank,but is really really good on this meta

Conclusion
I think this team checks mainly ou mons, some mons like alolan-marowak would make a scary time,but if u think before move and be calm, nothing can stop u to win

Here's the peak :
IMG_20200705_123618.jpg

The team:
https://pokepast.es/3488c1d75621c5e4

If u guys have any suggestions, write it and i will listen to u

Gera Mo Compassa

Banned deucer.
Yo Nice team bro, mantine is such a underrated mon in OU. Its a pretty solid team overall, the only change that i recomend you to do is change the zeraora nature to naughty, because Talonflame isint that common in OU and the most of Dragapult sets now run Modest or Adamant. By doing this you maximize zeraora attack, doing much more damage.

Another change that could be made is changing poison jab for U-turn on Urshifu, this is a personal change just to make a nice volturn core with zera.

Overral its a pretty solid and fun team to play congrats man.

Last edited:
Very nice team, I've been playing it for the past days so I will add a few things to the list of threats to this team (maybe you have an answer to it), and also the good things about it.

Threats

1. Sun teams : the best you can do if you are lucky is 2HKO Torkoal, while Venusaur has no switch in except Mantine but it has only scald to touch Venusaur, and after a growth on the switch in, you're done. Makes it almost impossible to win against sun.

2. Sand teams : Mantine is the only switch in to Excadrill Sand Rush, any mistake with Mantine and you're in for a sweep.

3. Bisharp: No switch in after one SD, you better keep Urshifu alive and well and switch it in as soon as Bisharp arrives.

4. Crawdaunt under rain: After one SD, you're in for a bumpy ride, there is no switch in. Best chance is to switch in Amoonguss hoping it did not used SD.

5. Rillaboom SD Acrobatics: beware of it, I've seen it a few times recently. Amoonguss is the perfect switch in for Rillaboom, but if he SD on the switch and has acrobatics, you're in for a sweep (unless your Urshifu is full life, no SR and he doesn't get the roll on grassy glide and you get the roll on wicked blow)

(if you play teleport instead of heal bell on Clef) 6. Salazzle : This annoying pokemon will switch in on Amoonguss, substitute and toxic all your team.

Overall, not threats you see very often in the current meta, but when they're here, you better think twice before you play.

Good things

Not gonna lie, this team is great.

Mantine and Amoonguss are great pokemons. They wall numerous threats, great defensive core. Mantine is especially good and unexpected. Amoonguss does almost as good as ferrothorn defensively but much better offensively, and takes down Tangrowth.

This defensive Excadrill is also very good. You can fake to outspeed your opponent (or fake iron head on Clefable or Togekiss) and force switch out, put SR and then toxic on defog (very often it is Mandibuzz, sometimes Rotom). After one rapid spin, you outspeed the usual sets of excadrill.

I also like the defensive Clef better than the spe def version, and he is very key to maintaining zeraora and urshifu alive.

Practically useless top OU against this team

If you are annoyed by any of the following poke, play this team, it will bring you satisfaction and inner peace.

Volcarona and Cinderace are completely useless against this team. Mantine annihilates them.

No Magearna set can beat you with the combination of spore and haze if it setup with iron defense, or with Excadrill for every other sets. A great balanced but defensive oriented team.

Hawlucha can be handled easily by Mantine or Clefable.

Rillaboom without acrobatics gets sludge bombed by Amoonguss.

Tangrowth is also walled by Amoonguss and will not appreciate the sludge bomb.

Azumarill can't go past mantine unless it outspeeds it (not often the case).

Marowak-Alola / Distorsion teams. Because Urshifu.

Here it is, thanks for suggesting this very cool team. Fun to play with.

Very nice team, I've been playing it for the past days so I will add a few things to the list of threats to this team (maybe you have an answer to it), and also the good things about it.

Threats

1. Sun teams : the best you can do if you are lucky is 2HKO Torkoal, while Venusaur has no switch in except Mantine but it has only scald to touch Venusaur, and after a growth on the switch in, you're done. Makes it almost impossible to win against sun.

2. Sand teams : Mantine is the only switch in to Excadrill Sand Rush, any mistake with Mantine and you're in for a sweep.

3. Bisharp: No switch in after one SD, you better keep Urshifu alive and well and switch it in as soon as Bisharp arrives.

4. Crawdaunt under rain: After one SD, you're in for a bumpy ride, there is no switch in. Best chance is to switch in Amoonguss hoping it did not used SD.

5. Rillaboom SD Acrobatics: beware of it, I've seen it a few times recently. Amoonguss is the perfect switch in for Rillaboom, but if he SD on the switch and has acrobatics, you're in for a sweep (unless your Urshifu is full life, no SR and he doesn't get the roll on grassy glide and you get the roll on wicked blow)

(if you play teleport instead of heal bell on Clef) 6. Salazzle : This annoying pokemon will switch in on Amoonguss, substitute and toxic all your team.

Overall, not threats you see very often in the current meta, but when they're here, you better think twice before you play.

Good things

Mantine and Amoonguss are great pokemons. They wall numerous threats, great defensive core. Mantine is especially good and unexpected. Amoonguss does almost as good as ferrothorn defensively but much better offensively, and takes down Tangrowth.

This defensive Excadrill is also very good. You can fake to outspeed your opponent (or fake iron head on Clefable or Togekiss) and force switch out, put SR and then toxic on defog (very often it is Mandibuzz, sometimes Rotom). After one rapid spin, you outspeed the usual sets of excadrill.

I also like the defensive Clef better than the spe def version, and he is very key to maintaining zeraora and urshifu alive.

If you are annoyed by any of the following poke, play this team, it will bring you satisfaction and inner peace.

Volcarona and Cinderace are completely useless against this team. Mantine annihilates them.

No Magearna set can beat you with the combination of spore and haze if it setup with iron defense, or with Excadrill for every other sets. A great balanced but defensive oriented team.

Hahaha, thanks man,i made this team bc im tired of ou mons,so this is the meta-counter. Really happy to read ur comments

Yo Nice team bro, mantine is such a underrated mon in OU. Its a pretty solid team overall, the only change that i recomend you to do is change the zeraora nature to naughty, because Talonflame isint that common in OU and the most of Dragapult sets now run Modest or Adamant. By doing this you maximize zeraora attack, doing much more damage.

Another change that could be made is changing poison jab for U-turn on Urshifu, this is a personal change just to make a nice volturn core with zera.

Overral its a pretty solid and fun team to play congrats man.
The idea of volt-turn is good,i tried a few matches and works better than poison jab, i pref this zera set but i'll try ur suggestion of zeraora . Thank man

Threats

Good things

Against the sweeper of sun/sand, just sacrifice one mon and use urshifu to stall the weather,i always try fisrt knock the weather caster,even if zera die.
Against crawdawnt, sac one mon and use clef,if the player is greedy, he will try to kill you,and i think clef can endure a crabhammer + life orb and kill.
Against bishar,change urshifu when he uses sd and u can get a mon xD
Rillaboom isnt big problem, if he is the grassy seed set dont risk anoongus,change clef, an acrobatics just do 36%,and with leftovers and terrain, is too easy wall it

Also quick note to people willing to use it, this team won't take you to 2000+ ladder by itself, afk until tilt is obviously a very good player. But you can have fun with it and try to top his score :mehowth:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)