How broken is Garchomp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro
Well my friends think Garchomp should be OU since they think Weavile and Mamoswine counter him, but they don't. So I made a team that uses all the of the things Chomp really has to offer. This team is for the Official server by the way, so don't expect to see it on the Smogon Server xD​

The Team
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Like I said before, this team is meant to show how broken Chomp is. So obviously it's gonna be a Sand Storm team.​

Inside Look

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP/252 Def/20 Sp.Def
Impish nature (+Def, -Sp.Atk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Roar

I choose Hippo instead of Tyranitar for two reasons. I'm pretty Tyranitar weak and this guy has a good recovery move.

Earthquake for a good STAB move that hurts a lot of stuff. I have Roar instead of Ice Fang since Salamence/Dragonite/Flygon doesn't hurt this team much and I don't have a Phazer. Stealth Rock is a given on most Leads nowadays.

I don't max Hit Points because with these EVs I hit a Leftovers number (416, for all those guys who suck at maths, 416 / 16 = 26). I do max Defense though since I don't get any bonuses if I don't and the rest in Special Defense so I can take random Hidden Powers.

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 Sp.Atk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Here's my Vaporeon, Gyarados, Heatran (kinda); Salamence, Flygon, Dragonite and Jolteon counter.

Pretty standard set. I choose to have Thunderbolt + Thunder Wave instead of Discharge + Magic Coat for two reasons. I want to Paralyze them 100% of the time and Thunderbolt does a bit more damage.

One of the things that I love the most about Porygon2 is that he can Revenge kill Dugtrio, and that's always funny.

The Special Attack EVs are there so I can OHKO enemy Garchomp and always OHKO Gyarados after Life Orb damage. I didn't max Hit Points for the same reason as I didn't for Hippo. Taking those EVs and putting them in Defense also lets me take Physical hits better at the cost of making Special Attacks do a little more damage (But not much). I didn't invest much in Special Defense because I'm using this guys mostly as a Physical Wall and the Special Attacks this guy usually comes in to are absorbed thanks to the other Pokémon's ability.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/180 Sp.Def
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I needed a good Scizor counter and a good ResTalker and this guy came to mind. I was going to use Zapdos, but I didn't want that dreaded Stealth Rock weakness so in the end I used this guy.

He has been doing well. The EVs give him equal Defenses in both stats so he can take hits from both sides.

I use Rotom-h since he takes Scizor extremely well and can kill Shaymin-s with it too. He also serves as a good Spin Blocker (Not that I really need one).

Thunderbolt is there at the moment because it's stronger then Shadow Ball, but I'm thinking of changing it to Shadow Ball because Thunderbolt hasn't been doing much so far and Porygon2 already has it, so what are your thoughts on it?

I'm willing to let this guy go if you explain to me why there is another guy that would fit this place better.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 Atk/228 Spe/252 Sp.Atk
Naive nature (+Spe, -Sp.Def)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

He's the standard Choice Scarf Heatran that does a lot of stuff.

I choose Naive so I can boost the power of Explosion. If I should use Hasty then tell me(Tell me why to xD). His EVs let him out-speed standard Adamant Choice Scarf Heracross and standard Agility Metagross. Max Special Attack is a given on all ScarfTran and the rest goes in to Attack to boost Explosion.

Fire Blast for a great STAB move and Earth Power for other Heatran (Who I usually out-speed since they don;t run as much speed). I don't know if I should use Hidden Power [Ice] to kill the Dragons when they're stuck on Outrage, or use Hidden Power [Grass] so I can take out Waters, especially Swampert.

Jirachi @ Light Clay
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/184 Spe/72 Sp.Def
Jolly nature (+Spe, -Sp.Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Wish
- U-turn

I thought to my self "What would make Chomp even more unbeatable?". And then I battled a team with a Duel Screen Bronzong and said "Dual Screen, of course!".

I choose Jirachi over any other Double Screener thanks to its great Stats and Typing, and Wish + U-turn. He heals my team and scouts early on in the game and late game is his time to set up.

I think I made this set up, since I haven't seen a Double Screen, Wish + U-turn Jirachi before. So correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I created this set.

The EVs let me Out-Speed +Speed natured base 90s and 91s. I just maxed Hit Points so I can take hits from both sides reasonably well and the rest goes in Special Defense since I already have two Pokemon that a pretty bulky on the Physical side (Hippowdon and Porygon2).

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 16 HP/252 Atk/240 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -Sp.Atk)
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

The star of the team, he is so broken it's not even funny. 20% Evasion boost, Base 102 Speed and 130 Attack. Great Typing defensively and Offensively. What isn't broken about this guy?

I choose Dragon Claw instead of Outrage since I'll usually get at least one or two Sword Dances in before I need to Attack. Fire Fang is there to take out Skarmory and Bronzong, and Earthquake and Sword Dance always will be on the YacheChomp set.​

Threat List
Abomasnow: Rotom is always the first switch in. If I know it doesn't have Focus Punch and/or Earthquake then I bring in Heatran to take all the hits and kill.
Azelf: SuicideLeads aren't a problem since I can just set up Stealth Rock and go to Rotom to take the Explosion or Psychic. Special Sweepers are either Revenge Killed by Heatran, or Porygon2 comes in and Paralyzes it and Recovers of the damage. Physical Sweeper is walled by Hippowdon.
Blissey: I bring in Jirachi to set up on it and then Garchomp wins the match :)
Breloom: Let Rotom take the Sleep and then bring in Jirachi to set up. I sometimes leave Rotom in if I feel like it though.
Bronzong: Rotom takes the Sleep and then Heatran comes in for the kill. If it doesn't have Hypnosis I bring in Jirachi to set up.
Celebi: Porygon2 takes him pretty well. Most of the time I bring Heatran in though so I can hurt it or the switch in.
Cresselia: I haven't seen one yet, but if I did see one I would go to Jirachi to set up.
Deoxys-e: The Lead is unbeatable so I won't comment on that. If the sweeper comes out I bring in Rotom or I bring in Jirachi to set up.
Dugtrio: Bring in Porygon2 after he Revenge kills something.
Dusknoir: I haven't faced one of these things either. If I did I would probably bring in Heatran to weaken it, or bring in Rotom to beat it down.
Electivire: Hippowdon on all sets since Hidden Power [Ice] fails to 2HKO. Rotom can, but he usually won't come in since he doesn't have Shadow Ball.
Forretress: Rotom and Heatran 'nuff said.
Gallade: Hippowdon beats in if it doesn't have Leaf Blade or Ice Punch (I think Ice Punch 3HKOs?). Rotom always beats it.
Garchomp: Scarfed Versions are shut down by Hippowdon, so are Choice Banded ones. YacheChomp is first weakened by who ever is in and then finished of by Heatran or Porygon2. The good thing is, if I bring Porygon2 in on Garchomp then I get Sand Veil, and that is very nice :)
Gengar: Porygon2 takes Focus Blast like a man and Paralyzes him.
Gliscor: Porygon2, 'nuff said. Jirachi can also come in and set up on him.
Gyarados: Porygon2.
Heatran: Porygon2 will Paralyze then he's pretty useless.
Heracross: Rotom and Hippo can handle him well. Heatran Revenge kills standard ScarfCross'.
Hippowdon: Porygon2.
Infernape: Rotom takes him like a man. If he doesn't have Hidden Power [Ice] then Garchomp takes him well.
Jirachi: CMRachi is set up on and Chomp kills. Any other is taken out by Heatran or Rotom.
Jolteon: Porygon2.
Lucario: If they're running Ice Punch instead of Crunch then Rotom takes him well. Hippowdon beats him no matter what. Special Versions hard to beat, but with good switching, I usually beat it.
Machamp: Rotom takes him if he doesn't have Payback, and if you does Smart switching beat it. Hippowdon can take him, it's just the Confusion hax that makes him not that good.
Magnezone: Rotom takes him well. Porygon2 can come in and Paralyze him and then wear him down since he won't be able to switch. He can't Revenge kill Jirachi thanks to U-turn and Light Screen and he only can Revenge kill Heatran if I'm stuck on Hidden Power [Ice]
Mamoswine: Rotom takes him fairly well. Hippowdon can take a Ice Fang/Shard like a man and Earthquake him to death.
Metagross: Rotom is usually the first switch in. Hippowdon beats it if it doesn't have Grass Knot.
Rotom (All Formes): Heatran takes all of them on pretty well. Even the Washing Machine forme. I don't bring him in on that forme though. Porygon2 takes them pretty well to.
Salamence: Porygon2 takes him on well. Heatran Revenge kills to.
Scizor: Rotom walls him. Hippowdon can take him too, but that's a it risky. Heatran can Revenge kill to.
Shaymin-s: Heatran can revenge kill. Rotom can't switch in to it, but he takes it. SubSeeding Shaymin-s has no counter (In my opinion) so I'm not gonna comment on that.
Skarmory: Heatran, Porygon2 and Rotom beat him.
Snorlax: I kinda have a problem with him if he's their last Pokemon. If he isn't then Hippowdon ca Phaze him and hurt him with Earthquake. I don't have much that can beat him, if he's their last Pokemon. How can I get rid of this weakness?
Spiritomb: Rotom takes the Sleep then Heatran can come in and try to kill, or Jirachi can come in and set up. Porygon2 can PP stall him to thanks to Trace.
Starmie: Porygon2 takes him well. Jirachi can set up on him also.
Suicune: Jirachi can set up on it. Porygon2 beats most sets that don't have Calm Mind.
Swampert: Jirachi can set up on it since after Reflect, Earthquake is like a 5HKO. Porygon2 takes him well to.
Tentacruel: Jirachi can set up on them.
Togekiss: Stopped cold by Rotom.
Tyranitar: Hippowdon beats all accept ones with Ice Beam. Boah is set up on.
Vaporeon: Porygon2 beats all that don't carry Toxic. Jirachi can set up on it.
Weavile: Porygon2 paralyzes it, thus making it useless. Heatran can Revenge kill it. Jirachi can come in and set up.
Wobbuffet: He has no counters.
Yanmega: Rotom always beats him and can even take the Sleep. Heatran can beat it if Rotom has taken the Sleep and he doesn't have Hidden Power [Ground]. I can just set up on it with Jirachi if Rotom has taken the Sleep also.
Zapdos: Porygon2 takes in on well. I can Paralyze it and wear it down with Ice Beam. It also stalls its PP with Pressure thanks to Trace. Heatran can take it well too. Wall versions are set up bait for Jirachi.​

Outro
I will be using this team against my friends and on the Official ladder so I want it to be pretty good. I will also be using this team in my Forum tournaments because on my Forum, Garchomp is OU.

Like all my other RTMs I am inclined to say that if you post anything but help then I will think of it as spam and report you. Sorry, I just don't like people doing that because I put a lot of hard work in to this, and all of those people who just comment for the sake of commenting are wasting my time.

So please Smogon..... Pimp my Team :) Just kidding xD. So thats all, I hope you guys can help me out.

I already told them that. If you didn't read the end then you wouldn't know the other reason why I posted this. My Forum allows Garchomp, Deoxys-e and Wobbuffet.

I know you were trying to help. But if your gonna do that then read the whole thing please.

*EDIT: I sorry about the first post. Something's wrong with my computer and I can't edit it >_>*

That wasn't mine.

I posted it for a friend. I am not checking it or anything. My friend is the only one watching it.

That wasn't mine.

I posted it for a friend. I am not checking it or anything. My friend is the only one watching it.
On your account anyway the size of the font is way annoying, and Garchomp cant be used on Smogon's server although you stated this isnt for Smogon it cant really be rated due to a different metagame.

I'll attempt to rate when you fix your 2 problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)