How do i get Tinnitus without hearing loss?

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
I'm really into noise and I think having a high pitched ringing sound in my ear would be awesome. Its like getting a tattoo but with sound. I've thought about this for awhile and am pretty committed to the idea.

Whats the best way to go about this?

Ototoxic meds (which is a bunch of meds, bad for the ears you can google a list) can give a temporary tinnitus, or even permanent if you take them long enough. (my first post here so not sure if we're being serious or not but pls dont tinnitus is horrible and sometimes it comes with hyperacusis which is 10x worse :c)

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Ototoxic meds (which is a bunch of meds, bad for the ears you can google a list) can give a temporary tinnitus, or even permanent if you take them long enough. (my first post here so not sure if we're being serious or not but pls dont tinnitus is horrible and sometimes it comes with hyperacusis which is 10x worse :c)
Wait deadass? Are they prescription meds or over the counter?

Katy

Banned deucer.
I don't know why you want Tinnitus to begin with. Being fascinated about noises, etc and such is cool and all, but don't you think that this goes a little bit too far? A Tinnitus - especially heavy ones - can lead to health issues, especially the mental health gets effected a lot. Some people with Tinnitus shared their experience and it's a heavy influence on their life. They said, they cannot enjoy the silence anymore, they run from doctor to doctor to try and find at least an explanation as to why they got it. And it even caused depressions and other mental issues.

I just think wanting to have Tinnitus without even having an influence of how mild or heavy it'll be is not a great idea at all. I think there are plenty of other ways to get to know more about the fascination about different noises without damaging your ears or getting Tinnitus, as this can lead to a lot of different issues in your life.

I side with Celticpride and Triangles in this case.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I think I know what sneaky BP is doing!

He wants to get tinnitus so he can be prescribed Medical Marijuana! The devil's lettuce. Mary Jane. Reefer. Stink Weed. Jaranko. Black Gold. Flower tops. Tex-Mex. Broccoli. Aunt Mary. Houdini. Jolly Green. Biggory. Christmas tree. Doña Juanita. David Kenneth James Martin. Jazz Cabbage.

Silly BP! you can't sneak one by Smogoff! We know what you're up to.

either that or he figured that because people who go clubbing get tinnitus if he gets tinnitus he'll go clubbing more. makes sense to me

A great way of getting tinnitus is to be born with it! Especially back when CRTs were the common screen technology. Because CRTs buzz and I spent an embarrassing amount of my youth trying to find what TV or monitor had been left on in an otherwise silent environment. Which is endlessly entertaining when it turns out it was your skull buzzing instead the entire time.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Having tinnitus is more related to age. I don't think you're over 60 like my grandmother. He lost his hearing, so he caused tinnitus. In your case, it may be due to too much noise, muscle spam in the inner ear. My opinion is that you had to consult a doctor in order not to wear hearing aids in the future like my grandmother. Even though these hearing aids are comfortable, they are cheap enough for all budgets. At www.shieldhearing.com you can see how far technology has come. Now we can afford to buy at a cheap price.
So, like, this is a spambot, but I love this post and the website doesn't seem to be phishing city, so until a super mod comes in I'm leaving this lad alone.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
personally i believe that you should walk within a closer proximty to those with hearing aids, (or in order to save yourself the trouble of looking at peoples ears, simply transgender grand mothers apparently,) in order to contract tinnitus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)