How you would fix and/or balance the metagame for the next generation, and why?

If I recall correctly, the actual in-game description of the move says something about resting after flying for a while.
The in-game text uses the word lands, which can apply just as much to coming to ground after being in the water as being in the air.

And even if it didn't, that was a really stupid argument for not giving Empoleon Roost, as not only does Dodrio--another flightless bird--already learn Roost with the current in-game text, but it's not like the flavor text couldn't be changed.

Moves with more than one elemental typing would be fascinating to see. The damage multipliers would be additive (2x weak + 4x weak = 6x weak)

For example: A Water/Ice move that would be accessible to certain pokemon of both types (Ice Flow or whatever Nintendo decides to call it). It would hit things like Gliscor 6x, Garchomp 2x, Jumpluff = 2x, etc.

Hey, if pokemon can be two types, why cant moves? It might not be the best idea, but it would sure as heck change things quite a bit. It would also go along with the changing of move properties that happened in D/P.
Silver Wind (Bug/Flying)
Twineedle (Bug/Poison)
Beat Up (Dark/Fighting)
Draco Meteor (Dragon/Rock)
Twister (Dragon/Flying)
Thunderpunch (Electric/Fighting)
(Hi) Jump Kick (Fighting/Flying)
Low Kick (Fighting/Ground)
Blaze Kick (Fire/Fighting)
Fire Punch (Fire/Fighting)
Ominous Wind (Ghost/Flying)
Bullet Seed (Grass/Rock)
Grass Knot (Grass/Ground)
Magical Leaf (Grass/Psychic)
Seed Flare (Grass/Fire)
Wood Hammer (Grass/Rock)
Bone Club/Bone Rush/Bonemerang (Ground/Rock)
Ice Ball (Ice/Rock)
Ice Punch (Ice/Fighting)
Icy Wind (Ice/Flying)
Razor Wind (Normal/Flying)
Mega Kick/Punch (Normal/Fighting)
Bullet Punch (Steel/Fighting)
Meteor Mash (Steel/Rock)
Steel Wing (Steel/Flying)
Muddy Water (Water/Ground)
Octazooka (Water/Poison)

Just throwing some ideas out there as to existing moves that would potentially gain a second type should Nintendo ever implement such a system, which I doubt as it would take a lot of balancing with all the potential 8x weaks being brought into play.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The in-game text uses the word lands, which can apply just as much to coming to ground after being in the water as being in the air.

And even if it didn't, that was a really stupid argument for not giving Empoleon Roost, as not only does Dodrio--another flightless bird--already learn Roost with the current in-game text, but it's not like the flavor text couldn't be changed.
Giving Dodrio Roost makes as little sense as not giving it to Gyarados, frankly, so any argument can safely be thrown out the window before anyone spends any real time on it. You could *start* to argue that they tried to balance the game competitively, only giving Roost to pokemon that obviously actually fly and then looking at the Flying type a a whole to see which pokemon would actually get that much competitively better by having or not having Roost, thereby coming to the conclusion that Gyarados with Roost would be "too strong" but Dodrio wouldn't be, but whatever.

BuilyGyara would love Roost though, Spinner Starmie barely 3HKOs with Thunderbolt (40-47%) and would therefore need to CH or par.

Roost doesn't work for Empoleon because it is not flying type. Roost temporarily neutralizes flying type.

Poison needs to be SE against bug at least, maybe fighting too.
There need to be more new pokemon type combos. One more water/flying or grass poison and I will tear my hair out.

Dragon is fine. It is only SE against one type as well as only being resisted by one type.

Agreed with rapid spin / utitlity all stuff.

More never-miss moves. Maybe even make it so they hit through detect and ghosts. Who uses feint, and shouldn't aura sphere and swift hit ghosties, or shadow punch, normals? Heaven forbid a psychic move that hits darks, a poison move that hits steels, or an elec move grounds, grounds flying! Would also make types more advanced. You SURE that you can switch in on lucario with that spiritomb? Also removes the evasion clause sand veil whining.

Easier gameplay. Shoddy should not be necessary to play a truly strategic game. IV men, easier, faster breeding, an EV counter, and more TMs/Move Tutors, that are renewable! Dont even get me started on HM slaves.

Help the poor old pokemon. I spend 1/5 of class time designing my farfetch'd evo. I can see right now, a spore meganium, an elec/dark luxray with extremespeed, a flare blitz flareon, a useable shuckle with stockpile and slack off.

Also, for weather effects, just change it so when weather is played it just changes it so the weather counter is at five again, and make sandstream/snowwarning just continuously reset the counter. You get five turns after Abomnasnow and T-Tar switch out.

@Darth Meanie:Roost recovers 50% of the health,neutralizing the flying type for 1 turn(the turn it roosts),so Empoleon can use it for the 50%health(and it can't be toxiced)

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Plenty of Bug/Poison types learn Roost, and they don't have a Flying-type. Neither does Dunsparce (lol).

I would rather see Ice Shard on Empoleon than Roost, though. I mean, it's a penguin. Penguins live in the snow.

I have read most of the posts here but skip 2 pages because I'm a bit anxious to post my ideas. To those who think they should make more poison weaknesses, instead of that I think it might be a good idea to increase the chance of poisoning of these moves. i.e. give Sludge Bomb 50% or even 75% chance of poisoning. Some moves will have 100% chance of poisoning the foe, but a bit less accurate of course. And using a poison move on an already poisoned Pokemon will change it to badly poisoned.

Actually, both of those really make sense. I mean, come on, if you hit someone with 200 litres of highly toxic fluids, you should expect at least some bad side-effects. And it would increase Poison usage massively, and make Ursaring and Heracross top dogs.

Me like.

I have read most of the posts here but skip 2 pages because I'm a bit anxious to post my ideas. To those who think they should make more poison weaknesses, instead of that I think it might be a good idea to increase the chance of poisoning of these moves. i.e. give Sludge Bomb 50% or even 75% chance of poisoning. Some moves will have 100% chance of poisoning the foe, but a bit less accurate of course. And using a poison move on an already poisoned Pokemon will change it to badly poisoned.
QFT, the new guy knows what he's talking about :P

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ice could use some buffing. Give it a Swift-type move, and make it resist Water and Grass. Poison could probably do with some changes too. Make Bugs weak to it again, as well as Normal.
Agreed with the Poison-Bug thing, but not with the Ice-Grass one. Do you realyl want eight types resisting Grass? If anything, Ice should resist... DRAGON. Yeah, Ice was meant to be the bane of all dragons, but it still needs to get this resistance.

Introduce a new type. They could probably pull off a Light type.
I've heard before somewhere that Game Freak had already announced they WON't add any new types.

Ice totally HAS to resist dragon, if anything. Wouldn't a dragon not be able to attack Ice types as hard in fear of getting chilled?!?!?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i personally dont think we need new types. the only reason dark/steel were added was because psychic types dominated. period. there werent many good ghost moves in rby and what you had was have a normal come in and block so alakazam could sweep. you dont need light/soul/synthetic/whatever. what you need is a better resistances chart based on logic and a few better abilities.

that being said, i agree with the need for more spinners/priorety moves/never-miss moves. i also think that instead of new broken pokemon that they should evolve old never-used ones. how about a luvdisc evo? or delibird? or ariados? or FARFETCH'D? they need some love, not more competition like hmmmm... *coughGARCHOMPTOGEKISSLUCARIOHEATRANcough*

personally, i would like breeding to be easier, like make iv's less of a range and an instant check in-game. also, you should be able to breed any move from a fully-evolved pokemon onto the baby evo at any time. are you thinking sd flareon? cause i am.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ice totally HAS to resist dragon, if anything. Wouldn't a dragon not be able to attack Ice types as hard in fear of getting chilled?!?!?
you can say that about flying types or grass types or ground types too or any other type that isn't NVE against a type that's SE against it so that's not the best argument

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
it doesnt HAVE to. it might be logical, but then why isnt steel a good attacking type? it has a shitload of resistances but its SE on only rock and ice iirc.

poison should be super effective on dragon and bug
bug is a given
and other than using my own dragon, poison is what i imagine would bring down a dragon (maybe steel too, as in swords)

I would change;

Ice - resist Dragon. Maybe resist to Normal (its in the set of 'hard' materials, ice -> rock -> steel)

Poison moves cause damage to Steel. Steel still cannot be poisoned. Poison needs a few boosts anyway.

I don't think Steel needs any more SE's. Its a defensive type, and its used enough already.

Rock type needs less weaks, or more resistances. Dragon resist, at the least. I think Tyranitar needs a boost.

Also, forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but it seems that physical attackers can be weakened by intimidate/burn while special attackers get off scot-free? Maybe Blissey wouldn't be so necessary if they felt it too...

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I still would not want that, imagine two Pokemon in a team that could sleep one then freeze the other?

lol...

1. Make it so the auto-weather pokemon's weather dies out once they switched out or fainted.

2. Add an acid rain weather effect. Have it damage non poison pokemon every turn like sandstorm does. Also increase the chance of poisoning by like 10%

3. Give Flareon flare blitz

4. Give Blaziken Close Combat

5. Give Snorlax slack off

6. Give Empoleon roost

7. Evolve pinser, rapidash (maybe a pegasus like pokemon?), Banette and Tropius

8. Give Dialga, Palkia and Giratina their own unique abilities (pressure is overused)

9. More rapid spinners

10. Make a never missing ice move with good base power

1. Make it so the auto-weather pokemon's weather dies out once they switched out or fainted.

2. Add an acid rain weather effect. Have it damage non poison pokemon every turn like sandstorm does. Also increase the chance of poisoning by like 10%

6. Give Empoleon roost

8. Give Dialga, Palkia and Giratina their own unique abilities (pressure is overused)

9. More rapid spinners

Wins thread.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Are you trying to kill weather teams off? That's not very good for reasons that are obvious: getting rid of SS, Sunny Day, Hail and Rain Dance teams isn't something I want to see leave, I want more options open! Maybe a total of 6 turns or never (like it is now).

Not too bothered.

Would be a cool BL CBer.

I'm sure he needs it.

Yes, yes and more yes. I want this Pokemon to have this move. Not only will he open a wide viriety of sets, etc. He fits the role of using the damn move, being lazy.

6. Give Empoleon roost

Why? It's random if you ask me.

It would be cool.

Then why not the new ubers to come?

9. More rapid spinners

I agree, this generation (metagame) has hurt the best quite significantly.

Ice Beam is one of the best moves in the game, satisfied?
I thought I'd comment.

I don't understand why there's so many "Flareon needs Flare Blitz".
Arcanine got the move and it's still somewhat forgotten. Not to say Flareon doesn't own Extremespeed, ThunderFang, Crunch, Intimidate, and stuff like that.
Flareon can only shine when it gets a great exclusive move. Like they did with Relicanth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)