VGC https://pokepast.es/ee1d9b209a4adc7a Help w Zapdos balance?

To put it simply I was thinking randomly about smth when i got fixated on Rocky Helmet Static Zapdos in reg g and just had to make a team so anyway ima just get into it as I am not a cooking article.

HitMe (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
Level: 50
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpA / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Eerie Impulse
- Roost

Like I have said helmtic dos heavily punishes Physical attackers alot (also fake out) so yeah. Tera Poison is used for a good defensive type in general and to be neutral to any annoying ice moves and Roost for actual recovery, twave as to not rely on static actually activating and eerie impulse to also make special attackers think twice about being present. Atlas the special attack investment allows for it to always Ohko any scarf rapidfu not heavily invested in spef (or the smogon spread as pikalytics spreads aren't present rn).

Yue (Lunala) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Shield
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 68 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Wide Guard

Now through alot of thinking I figured that Lunala has everything i wanted

-A middling speed tier (to benefit from paralysis.

-A set up option.

-And yeah that's it.

Calm Mind can catch ppl off guard and is a good set up option (I know it has Meteor beam power Herb but I was interested in a Calm Mind set and it does actually work pretty well. Tera Fairy moonblast not only gives be an actually usable type defensively but also another stab and otherwise it focuses on Moongeist spam. And wide guard is invaluable support in this meta. And last but not least Leftovers is goo's recovery especially with Grassy terrain.

Fear Me UwU (Incineroar) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Now I probably don't need to explain Incinaroar and it's sheer brokenness but 3 lines are required nonetheless so ima make it interesting by attempting to put it in a poem.

Incinaroar
Fake Out flinches even the bravest if warriors.

Incinaroar
Knock off removes even the sturdyist of Items

Incinaroar
Taunt blocks even the most devious of status

Incinaroar stands braver and trickier then us all, truly a warrior greater than the stars, saftey Goggles keeping it safe from the even the worse an Amoonguss has to offer and Tera Ghost prevents even it from being faked out. Oh and Parting Shot is it best pivoting option.

Welp didn't say it was gonna be good.

Next up is our beloved Monkey D Luffy, his gear 5 form could solo gok- ... wait what do you mean wrong luffy? Oh wait you mean rillaboom? With wood hammer and Grassy Glide as it's 2 best stabs Fake Out for Flinch u turn for pivoting asv for bulk alot of speed and power and Tera Fire to not be burned and resist Ice? Ohhhh THAT Monkey. Anyway ... oh I already explained the set (wait a minute I'm not even on gear 2).

Luffy (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 116 HP / 158 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn

Sensei (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Detect

Now yet again another ez mon to explain as fu has middling speed and Adamant is good damage. Sash stops ohkos and I love Tera Ghost on Sash mons in general. The moveset should go without any explanation as everything is pretty standard.

GET PAWNED (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect

And
Last but certainly not least we have the bane of overused King Gambit!

-Kowtow and sp are its best stab options.

-Sd pressure is always nice.

-Tera Fairy is good defensively.

And finally protect is throughout Heaven and Earth alone, the honored one In terms of moves. Oh yeah also the speed investment basically insures I outspeed incin

To put it simply I was thinking randomly about smth when i got fixated on Rocky Helmet Static Zapdos in reg g and just had to make a team so anyway ima just get into it as I am not a cooking article.

HitMe (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 36 SpA / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave Tailwind (Tailwind gives you a lot more powerful speed control and allows static to not be useless against most things that you've paralyzed anyway)
- Eerie Impulse
- Roost

Like I have said helmtic dos heavily punishes Physical attackers alot (also fake out) so yeah. Tera Poison is used for a good defensive type in general and to be neutral to any annoying ice moves and Roost for actual recovery, twave as to not rely on static actually activating and eerie impulse to also make special attackers think twice about being present. Atlas the special attack investment allows for it to always Ohko any scarf rapidfu not heavily invested in spef (or the smogon spread as pikalytics spreads aren't present rn).

Yue (Lunala) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 4 SpA / 68 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Wide Guard

Now through alot of thinking I figured that Lunala has everything i wanted

-A middling speed tier (to benefit from paralysis.

-A set up option.

-And yeah that's it.

Calm Mind can catch ppl off guard and is a good set up option (I know it has Meteor beam power Herb but I was interested in a Calm Mind set and it does actually work pretty well. Tera Fairy moonblast not only gives be an actually usable type defensively but also another stab and otherwise it focuses on Moongeist spam. And wide guard is invaluable support in this meta. And last but not least Leftovers is goo's recovery especially with Grassy terrain.

(Unfortunately meteor beam power herb just works better here, it also frees up a move slot for trick room, allowing you to control the speed however you want with tailwind zapdos and trick room Lunala)

Fear Me UwU (Incineroar) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Now I probably don't need to explain Incinaroar and it's sheer brokenness but 3 lines are required nonetheless so ima make it interesting by attempting to put it in a poem.

Incinaroar
Fake Out flinches even the bravest if warriors.

Incinaroar
Knock off removes even the sturdyist of Items

Incinaroar
Taunt blocks even the most devious of status

Incinaroar stands braver and trickier then us all, truly a warrior greater than the stars, saftey Goggles keeping it safe from the even the worse an Amoonguss has to offer and Tera Ghost prevents even it from being faked out. Oh and Parting Shot is it best pivoting option.

Welp didn't say it was gonna be good.

Next up is our beloved Monkey D Luffy, his gear 5 form could solo gok- ... wait what do you mean wrong luffy? Oh wait you mean rillaboom? With wood hammer and Grassy Glide as it's 2 best stabs Fake Out for Flinch u turn for pivoting asv for bulk alot of speed and power and Tera Fire to not be burned and resist Ice? Ohhhh THAT Monkey. Anyway ... oh I already explained the set (wait a minute I'm not even on gear 2).

Luffy (Rillaboom) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 116 HP / 158 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn

Sensei (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Spinner
- Detect

Now yet again another ez mon to explain as fu has middling speed and Adamant is good damage. Sash stops ohkos and I love Tera Ghost on Sash mons in general. The moveset should go without any explanation as everything is pretty standard.
(Water is better here, you can detect in front of fake out and the extra power is really appreciated by both forms of your speed control)

GET PAWNED (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect

And
Last but certainly not least we have the bane of overused King Gambit!

-Kowtow and sp are its best stab options.

-Sd pressure is always nice.

-Tera Fairy is good defensively.

And finally protect is throughout Heaven and Earth alone, the honored one In terms of moves. Oh yeah also the speed investment basically insures I outspeed incin
[/QUOTE]
Good team in general, it's a nice fwgs core with the bulky lunala and zapdos to provide consistent speed control.

Back