Gen 5 Hudda Hudda Huh! - A Gen 5 Ubers Sun Team with Reshiram in it!

Hello, ladies and mentlegen! My name is Aquasition, AKA Aqua’s Swirlix for those of you that know me only on PS. I’ve been on here for a long time now, so I feel like I should at least create an RMT of something. Now, I primarily play Ubers, but thing is, I’m not too fond of Omega Ruby /Alpha Sapphire, so I decided to do this RMT on a generation of Ubers I DO like, that being Black & White 2 Ubers.

So, I’ve been a fan of Generation 5 AKA BW/BW2 ever since I played it for the first time. The fact that in BW1, you couldn’t get any original pokemon until you beat the game was an interesting step, as well as having a pretty interesting story and villain(s). In particular, I was a fan of the box art legends, Reshiram and Zekrom. I like how they are foils to each other, especially Reshiram, with its unresisted STAB, avian-like look, and calm, majestic air(it’s even majestic in Pokemon Amie) Also, that the PWT was a very good addition, and I’d like to see it implemented. But I digress, this isn’t a Gen 5 review, this is a Gen 5 RMT.

And this, is Hudda Hudda Huh! (I mean this is the name of the team, not the name of the song.)

The Team At A Glance:

Team-Building Process:

So, as I’ve always wanted to make a decent Reshiram team, it’s pretty obvious which Pokemon I wanted to start with. Now, I decided to use the Flame Charge set to start off, using Outrage as my auxiliary option to keep Reshiram’s options open.

With Reshiram in, the nest thing I needed was both Sun support, and Hazard support. Support Groudon and Utility Forretress. Groudon provided both Stealth Rocks and Sun, While Forretress provided Spikes, which is always helpful, Rapid Spin, which is very helpful when using Reshiram, and a steel-type, which could use Toxic and pain split to bring some set up Pokemon down.

The next teammate, Palkia, is there mainly to check Kyogre, and bait Dragon-type Pokemon with weaker attacks, using a Haban Berry to do so. It also has access to Roar, which is used to prevent setting up even further, alongside STABs and Fire Blast. I originally had Thunder over the Water STAB, but that made it more annoying to deal with Arceus in rain, wheres with the Water STAB, I can at least do that.

My next step was to implement a scarfer that I thought synergized well with Reshiram, Kyurem-White, as they hit similar targets, running STABS, Sleep Talk to help check Darkrai, and Fusion Flare as the anti-Steel move. This, however, reduced my options for a spinblocker.

And this is the main point of Arceus-Ghost, in this case. Being a spinblocker, as well as a form of win condition. The Calm Mind set was preferred here, but I had originally ran Flamethrower over the usual Focus Blast. Tyranitar put an end to Flamethrower, so I switched back to Focus Blast.

However, Kyurem-White was giving me a weakness to the likes of other Calm Mind Arceus formes, as Draco Meteor only does 60% damage, which can be healed off, so now I needed my scarfer to be physical. Interestingly enough, Kyurem-Black filled the role, with being a physical scarfer who could hit really hard, even with only a Choice Scarf.

Now, I needed a change to Forretress as my hazard control. See, the team is very offensive, and Forretress does nothing for momentum. Cloyster, on the other hand, helps with momentum a fair bit, can anti-lead Deoxys, and even set up an entry hazard itself. As I’ve lost my Toxic user, Cloyster uses Toxic Spikes instead. I could get away with this, as Kyurem-Black loosened up pressure on dealing with CMceus. (Thanks to Henri/Hyw for the suggestion :])

Sadly, Kyurem-B only has its dragon STABs to use in terms of sheer power, so I needed a similar Pokemon, that has a second STAB to work with, like Zekrom. Zekrom not only has Bolt Strike AND Outrage, but it also packs Volt Switch, which can help me keep my momentum up, AND it’s not weak to Fighting and Rock moves, unlike Kyurem-Black, making Stealth Rock move manageable, and Darkrai can’t just attempt to predict the switch in and Focus Blast anymore. (Thanks to Fural for the suggestion.)

A closer look at the team

Dr Enforcicle (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes

The first member of Hudda Hudda Huh!, and also the lead, with its ability to set up Toxic Spikes, threaten most other leads with a mix of Shell Smash and Icicle Spear, and Rapid Spin to help keep hazards down. Cloyster uses Toxic Spikes over Spikes, as the team lacks any sort of guaranteed status move, like Thunder Wave, so even the damage over time effect of regular poison is a great help. 252 Attack EVs are used to maximize firepower, while 252 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature are used to maximize speed, particularily since Cloyster’s ability to set up hazards and outspeed more before and after a Shell Smash, like other scarfed Pokemon, for example, is more valued to the team than some extra damage.

TomiGRUvich (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

The second member of Hudda Hudda Huh!, and also the scarfer. Zekrom’s main advantage here is that both Bolt Strike and Outrage hit incredibly hard, the former being guaranteed a 2HKO vs Arceus-Ghost, and the latter move being more reliable in late game, as well as having an 87.5% chance to OHKO 164/8 Giratina-Origin. Sleep Talk is necessary to allow Zekrom to function as a Darkrai switch-in, as without Sleep Talk, it would be too easy for Darkrai to outright neutralize one of my Pokemon. Volt Switch is mainly there for momentum reasons, as predicting a non-Ground type, and using Volt Switch then will give me some momentum. The EVs are set up for maximum speed and power, while an Adamant Nature is used to ensure the above calculations.

Targe-n-Loch Demo (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

The third member of Hudda Hudda Huh!, and my Stealth Rock setter and Support. Groudon’s main way of providing support here is through checking Extreme Killer Arceus, as that Pokemon can tear the team apart after it uses Swords Dance once. Groudon, however, can check Extreme Killer Arceus, and stop its sweep attempt a bit short with Dragon Tail. Earthquake and Stone Edge are a given, since they hit just about everything in the tier for neutral damage. Dragon Tail is used because it phazes other Pokemon out, it adds some damage on top of the hazard damage, and so that if anyone taunts Groudon, it only really stops Stealth Rocks if that is not already set up. The EVs and Impish Nature are for maximum physical bulk, which is necessary when checking Extreme Killer Arceus is a must.

DDS Sniper (Palkia) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

The fourth member of Hudda Hudda Huh!, and my Kyogre check and Dragon-type lure. Palkia is surprisingly helpful, given that this team has no steel-types, and only the likes of Arceus-Ghost for any staying power vs special Dragon-Type attacks. The Haban Berry allows Palkia to achieve its role as bait for some Dragon-Type pokemon to come or stay in, and unless you’re using something along the lines of Lati@s or Choice Specs Draco Meteor, a healthy Palkia will be able to survive that, and hopefully KO the offender with a Spacial Rend. Fire Blast is for an anti-Steel type move that gets boosted in Sun, while Hydro Pump is used for the extra power, and to take advantage of rain should I have to deal with rain. Roar prevent Palkia from being set up on, doesn’t miss, and the likelihood of Palkia getting taunted is low, so I don’t have to worry about that. The EVs and Timid Nature are standard for pretty much all Palkia sets, so I shouldn’t have to go into detail with that.

WM1 Phlog Pyro (Reshiram) @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Flame Charge
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage

The fifth member, and the Pokemon I built Hudda Hudda Huh! around. Reshiram’s main role is to sneak in a Flame Charge somewhere, and use the increased speed, combined with the ludicrous amount of firepower Reshiram has with a Life Orb. Like, Blue Flare has a 71.9% chance to 2HKO Latios in the Sun! That’s a resisted hit with Latios’ impressive special bulk. And Draco Meteor rounds out the coverage, putting a huge dent in all that take the attack. Outrage is my ace-in-the-hole, and is there to do a bunch of things, like 2HKO Ho-oh without Stealth Rock up, OHKO both Lati’s, and 2HKO Chansey after Stealth Rock. The EVs are geared for maximum special power, and the Naïve nature is to guarantee that I survive a +2 Extreme Killer Arceus’ ExtremeSpeed, in case they mistake Reshiram for a Choice Scarf set, though do be mindful of Life Orb damage, as it does add up quickly.

Liberty Launcher Solly (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

The sixth and final member of Hudda Hudda Huh!, Arceus-Ghost is my spinblocker, glue, and another set-up sweeper. Calm Mind was chosen over Swords Dance because Calm Mind sets usually invest in a bit of bulk, which helps Arceus-Ghost with its role of being glue. Judgement and Focus Blast provided unresisted coverage, and Recover is there to keep Arceus-Ghost Healthy. The EVs and Timid Nature are to both keep Arceus-Ghost fast and bulky, though I do recognize that Arceus-Ghost is not infallible, and that it shouldn’t deal with too much pressure at a time.

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect
- Swords Dance

This is an alternate composition to the team that both change the Reshiram set to a Choice Scarf, and have Blaziken replace Zekrom. This set-up is an alternative that can work over the regular version. (Thanks to Transcendant God Champion for the suggestion)

WM1 Phlog Pyro (Reshiram) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Flame Charge
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage

TomiGRUvich (Zekrom) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

Targe-n-Loch Demo (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Dr Enforcicle (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes

Liberty Launcher Solly (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Recover

DDS Sniper (Palkia) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect
- Swords Dance

Thanks/Shoutouts:

Sweep – For being helpful in testing this team out first-hand, and for having fought me a lot of times., with most of those battles being fun. :]

ZoroarkForever - I’ve had quite a few fun matches with you involving the team, so thank you for the help. :]

Hack – I haven’t fought you enough, but I do thank you for helping me mentally with my playing. I haven’t thanked you enough, either.

Hyw – For being a friend, and for suggesting Cloyster over Forretress. :]

Furai – for suggesting Zekrom over Kyurem-Black. :]

Transcendant God Champion – For suggesting the alternative sets for Blaziken and Reshiram. Sadly, I’ve never fought you in an actual gen 5 fight. Yes, I do want to play you in Gen 5 some day. :)

Peli, Krauersaut, Lord Outrage, Crestfall, Minority Suspect, Ogasian, Monsters of Men, Shrang, and many, MANY more (no, really, I could be here all day if I had to name everyone) – Ubers room frens :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)