Announcement Hwyl fawr, pawb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Approved by FriendOfMrGolem120

Effective from this post, I'll be stepping down from all my auth positions on Smogon. It's been a long time coming, but with me likely venturing into streaming and the new year arriving, it's best I head off now. There's a lot more to it mentally, but let's keep this positive, alright? For me. Anyway, I'll still be hanging around, just not in an administrative capacity, and it'll probably be more limited in general.

When I decided to quit lurking, I had one agenda in mind: give RBYers a stable area to inhabit for the foreseeable future. I have thoroughly succeeded in that goal, and it was in a way I couldn't have imagined better. I'm incredibly proud of what I've achieved on this site during my tenure, and I'm glad I finally came out of my lurker shell to fix problems the community was experiencing at the time. Naturally, this couldn't have been without the very impressive effort of a close-knit community that loves to hop across various websites. Hehe, you all taught me so much, and I've made some amazing friends along the way!

In 2019, we were on the verge of being cut from SPL, suffering from painfully outdated resources, and areas to gather and talk were minimal. There was very little left and we were entering a dark age...the anger of a certain Korekiyo-pfp-wielding man I admire was the sole thing keeping it together. Entering 2022, the Strategy Dex has been almost completely revamped, the on-site articles are seeing a facelift, lower-tiers are seeing legitimate development, tournament representation is at an all-time high, and god, this is the least of it! Like, look at this! A proper forum! This was the stretch goal on my end! Despite all the people who told me this was a fruitless endeavour and that I should give up, we, together, reunited ourselves and put our extensive knowledge of the game to paper. It has never been an easier time to get into RBY.

You people are some of the most fantastic, intelligent, welcoming people I have ever met. The fact that you accepted me for who I am, not just my work, is something I will eternally thank you for. I think this is the only community I've ever been in that's done that. Like, look at me. Hardly any tournament-level success, only really seen on mid ladder on a fleet of alts, was largely a lurker prior to working on some of Sceptross's old analyses...but here I am. You lot are nuts, accepting someone like me, one who was initially seen as an invader, but you did! Thanks to that, together, we've proven to even some of the most unshakeable naysayers that this generation is far from dead, and is in fact one of the most popular past gens out there. People may deny our existence, but I'm glad I could sit down and utilise my many skills to aid in pushing our interests. Smogon may have turned its back on RBY a few years ago, but I like to think it's turning back around to embrace us harder than it ever previously did. What do you think?

Attached is a text file featuring my entire Showdown builder to this point, featuring numerous teams spanning various phases of metagame development. There's enough here to get any youngin up to speed with the tiers RBY has to offer, as well as a few other gens of interest. It's an incomplete archive, as I did switch computers a while back and lost some newer-gen teams in the process, but it should suffice, no? There's well over 200 teams here, last I checked.

Diolch am eich amser!

Mae fy enaid wedi hollti, ond bydd fy nghalon yn stopio mewn llawenydd~

Attachments

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
You are an inspiration; I’m so happy I was able to watch this forum and the RBY community as a whole reach its peak and so much of that can be attributed to you. You’re such an incredible person and I’m really glad I’ve gotten to know you so well lately, and I’m also so proud of you for realizing your limits and advocating for your mental health despite being so deep into everything. That takes a lot of willpower and I know how much you care about everything else on top of that.

Give yourself a very well-earned, long, and restful break, and then kick some serious ass with your VTubing endeavors and your future goals! Love you girl <3

Katy

Banned deucer.
Thank you for all the things you have done for different parts of the community here, May. Don't feel sad or bad! You are a good person, and don't be afraid to make new steps into the right direction. See where your journey goes and I hope you will have a lot of success and fun in doing the things you love! Keep your head ahigh! :blobwizard:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
You are an inspiration; I’m so happy I was able to watch this forum and the RBY community as a whole reach its peak and so much of that can be attributed to you. You’re such an incredible person and I’m really glad I’ve gotten to know you so well lately, and I’m also so proud of you for realizing your limits and advocating for your mental health despite being so deep into everything. That takes a lot of willpower and I know how much you care about everything else on top of that.

Give yourself a very well-earned, long, and restful break, and then kick some serious ass with your VTubing endeavors and your future goals! Love you girl <3
In my day, you had a lil ladybug badge...how time flies! I can't wait until those overlays are sorted, the streams are gonna be very fun and the tests have been fruitful. Hope to have you on at some point!

I'm not a RBY player myself
Perhaps you should change that, we always enjoy seeing new faces!
CoolZard.png

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
not the best at writing long posts, so i’ll keep this one short

while i’m a pretty recent rbyer, your work in the community and helping this gen grow was admirable. good luck in your streaming endeavours, and i’ll be popping by in the discord to watch them!

mwynhewch eich ymddeoliad!

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
I’m only entering the RBY scene in the recent months(the community only in recent weeks), but I’ve already experienced so much you have done for this site, and tiers. Thank you :]

You’ve also been a positive force in general, mutual friends have a lot of respect for you, and every time I have talked on the server I’m glad I have. (Hopefully RBY CAP gets approved before you become a famous Twitch streamer and forget about all of us)

Thank you for everything you’ve done not just for me but for the entire community. You were so accepting when I first hopped into the scene and had it not been for you I wouldn’t have made it as far as I have. Incredibly grateful for all of it. Best of luck moving forward!

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Fat fingers made me post this early oops

I've already said thanks elsewhere but... thanks for preserving and reviving parts of this site that I consider very important, and thanks for generally being a good presence. I hope we can keep things going on the tracks you put them on. Good luck with everything going forward!

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Just like some of the others I don't think we've ever talked, but your influence on the both the forums and community at large is something that I constantly notice as I look through resources, and this is as someone who rarely plays any of the RBY tiers.

All of the work that you've put in has been (and will continue to be) important to RBY, and whatever road you decide to take next I'm confident you'll make great strides with it.

All the very best!

LTG

It’s always gaming time
is a Pre-Contributor
Sad to see you go May, but regardless thank you for everything you have done for the community! I have you to thank for introducing me to RBY and helping me become so integrated into this amazing community. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)