ORAS OU Hyper Offense featuring Kyurem-B, Mega Altaria, and a 3 Eyed Beast

Hyper Offense featuring Kyurem-B, Mega Altaria, and a 3 Eyed Beast

Introduction

Hi all, my name is Jacob. I can be found on PS as McLemore. I'm usually in Competitive Tutoring or Rate My Team so hit me up sometime. I decided to make this team because I wanted to use Mega Altaria. So, without further ado, here we go.

Teambuilding Process

The teambuilding process for this team was fairly simple. I've been playing / building Hyper Offense for awhile and wanted to use Mega Altaria. I used TNT's Framework for a Hyper Offensive team this time around though and it helped me make some of these decisions.

The Team

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

I decided to use Garchomp on this team because he is the premier suicide lead and stealth rock user for Hyper Offense. He's also fast enough to be used as an offensive threat if he's alive after setting up his rocks. Swords Dance makes him an offensive monster with his dual STAB combo. I use Lum Berry right now, but I'm considering changing it to Focus Sash to guarantee getting Stealth Rock up. I'm also considering Fire Blast over Swords Dance to deal with lead Ferrothorns and such.

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

TNT's framework recommends 2 wallbreakers for a Hyper Offensive team and Victini is my team's first. It is used to break holes in the opponent's team and is especially useful to get through special walls such as Chansey. Choice Banded V-Create will absolutely Nagasaki any pokemon that trys to switch in. Bolt Strike gives Victini a way to easily handle Rotom-W and other bulky Water types that want to switch in to take a V-Create. Zen Headbutt and U-Turn are used for STAB and to gain momentum.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
Kyurem-B is my team's second wallbreaker as recommended in TNT's post. He breaks through any physical walls that my opponent might have on their team. His perfect BoltBeam coverage and Earth Power along with Teravolt (RIP Rotom-W & Dragonite) let him cover so many threats. Roost gives him longevity & a way to recover from Life Orb recoil. The EVs are standard.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is the three eyed beast and the one mon that you probably kinda shook your head at. This spot was originally taken by Cobalion, but Magneton lets me check Azumarill, Talonflame, and Mega-Pinsir much much better than Cobalion did. The Choice Scarf lets him outspeed Talon (Including Jolly natured ones which Magnezone can't do.) and Mega-Pinsir while also giving him the ability to grab momentum with Volt Switch. Magnet Pull lets him trap Ferrothorn / Scizor and take them out with HP[Fire]. Overall, Magneton has provided some much needed utility for this team.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

I chose Altaria for this slot because, well, I wanted to. She is the team's (Drum roll please) sweeper and win condition in most games. The Dragon Dance set makes her so so good. Double-Edge is used over Return for damage output (OHKOing Chansey, uninvested Landorus-T (with Intimidate factored in), and physically defensive Rotom-W after one Dragon Dance boost and Stealth Rock damage) and Earthquake is for coverage. Roost completes the set by giving Altaria a constant source of recovery.

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

I chose Bisharp because of his powerful priority and ability to check the Lati twins and other mons that might want to get rid of my hazards. The Assault Vest gives him more bulk than he normally would have and lets him effectively counter and then Pursuit trap Lati@s. It also helps him deal with Clefable more easily. Knock Off lets me remove items and pairs well with Iron Head for STAB. Sucker Punch is used for some priority and lets me play mind games with my opponent. Pursuit is used to trap various mons.

Threat List

I'll add threats here as I notice them.

Choice Scarf -
Sand Rush -

Choice Specs -
Choice Scarf -

Conclusion

This team has performed pretty well so far. I've gotten up to about 1500 on the ladder and would really like for it to take me further. Thanks for your rate and taking the time to read this, Futatsuiwa of Sado for suggesting Magneton, and to Trinitrotoluene (TNT) for his great work in helping anyone who wants to build an effective Hyper Offense team.​

Last edited:
Nice team! I would change a few small things though. Some too small to notice! But there will be some major changes... Here they are, in an easy to follow list format

1. Why are you running magneton? To fake people out? You aren't evan running eviolite! The idea is metal pull so death is inevitable! Try running magnezone instead.

2. I would recommend swords dance over pursuit and life orb over AV on bisharp, because it allows you to play some massive mind games on opponents. It's really hard to play around!

Here is what the team should look like in the end: http://pastebin.com/veASjYyv

Nice team! I would change a few small things though. Some too small to notice! But there will be some major changes... Here they are, in. an easy to follow list format

1. Why are you running magneton? To fake people out? You aren't evan running eviolite! The idea is metal pull so death is inevitable! Try running magnezone instead.

2. I would recommend swords dance over pursuit and life orb over AV on bisharp, because it allows you to play some massive mind games on opponents. It's really hard to play around!

Here is what the team should look like in the end: http://pastebin.com/veASjYyv
1. Scarf Magneton can outspeed positive natured Talonflame. Magnezone can not.
2 Bisharp's main role on the team is to Pursuit trap mons that I need it to so Pursuit has to stay. I have considered LO over AV however.

1. Scarf Magneton can outspeed positive natured Talonflame. Magnezone can not.
2 Bisharp's main role on the team is to Pursuit trap mons that I need it to so Pursuit has to stay. I have considered LO over AV however.
You don't need to outspeed talonflame, because thats not the idea of the set! Your team is very strait forward in the plays. It's like it doesn't know that switching evan exists! And you need to change that. To help, I would change to SD bisharp.

You don't need to outspeed talonflame, because thats not the idea of the set! Your team is very strait forward in the plays. It's like it doesn't know that switching evan exists! And you need to change that. To help, I would change to SD bisharp.
The entire point of using Magneton is to outspeed Talonflame. Otherwise I would use Magnezone to trap things. If you show me a replay of you using this team and not getting bodied by Talonflame almost immediately I will change it. And SD doesn't help on Bisharp. All that does is let my opponent easily switch out there Lati@s. I've already tried it.

The entire point of using Magneton is to outspeed Talonflame. Otherwise I would use Magnezone to trap things. If you show me a replay of you using this team and not getting bodied by Talonflame almost immediately I will change it. And SD doesn't help on Bisharp. All that does is let my opponent easily switch out there Lati@s. I've already tried it.
But there are SO many other counters to it that work better on your team! Rotom-Wash, Landorus-Therian, ect.

I tried testing magnezone instead of magneton but it did'nt really work out well... The team overall is nice. The only change i would make is switch the lum berry on chomp to a sash. :)and you should consider a mega lopunny counter. with ice punch it's a major threat

Last edited:
Magneton is great as it let him revenge-kill Azumarill and Talonflame, and it is also very good vs threats like Diancie if Garchomp is down for some reason.
Overall a great team but you get simply destroyed by Mega-Medicham, it might be a good idea to switch Victini's choice band for a choice scarf in that regard but that leaves you pretty weak to Rotom-W unless you can somehow DD Altaria twice then OHKO it with return. Another idea is to use Scarf + Final gambit Victini with one-shot Rotom-W and some other annoying pokemons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)