Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe / 24 Def
IVs: 30 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy
- Psyshock

Geomancy is there to boost Speed and Special Attack and Sdef to high levels. Psyshock is there to fry Ho-Oh and Gengar after +2 . Moonblast is very strong after +2 , Fairy Aura and STAB and is strong without the +2 boost anyway. Focus Miss is there to nuke Heatran's face in and also do huge damage to threats such as Steelceus . The Ev's are pretty standard and is the most common for geoxern. HP Fire is an option over Focus Miss to cover threats such as SpDef Scizor-Mega if you choose not to run HP Fire on Gengar . Thunder is an option over Psyshock to kill Specially Defensive Kyogre and the uncommon Physically Defensive Ho~Oh.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play / U - Turn
- Sucker Punch

Foul play though uncommon allows this set to smack more threats then yveltal already does by hurting HO - Oh And Ekiller Arceus since Ekiller Arceus players always try to set up on LO yveltal . U - turn can be used in place of foul play to play mindgames , ease predictions and provides a safe switchin to my trapper Gengar . Dark Pulse hits extremely hard with Dark Aura and STAB boost and is there to break walls like Lugia that would give arceus trouble. Sucker Punch is there to smash frail threats like Mewtwo and also weakens scarf users such as Zekrom. Oblivion Wing allows yveltal to sustain itself and drains huge amounts of HP from it's targets.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 SpD / 180 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 SpA /252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Sludge Wave completely destroys bulky fairies like Sylveon and Fairy types in general. HP Fire allows gengar to destroy Ferrothorn , Skarmory , and Scizor. Taunt is there to shut down walls and prevent defogers from defoging. Destiny Bond is there to almost always guarantee a kill with its pathetic bulk.
76 Special Defense EV's is there to survive a +2 Moonblast. The other set of evs is also viable as every team member does enough damage to standard Geoxern so that Ekiller kills it with Espeed and also this set of evs allows more damage on certain Pokemons such as Ferrothorn in the rain . Focus Blast is an option if you choose to run HP Fire on Xerneas as Focus Blast does a lot of damage to Ekiller as well as Steelceus . Thunder is also an option to do heavy damage to Ho-Oh if you choose to run U - Turn on Yveltal. Icy Wind can also be used to hurt bulky Ground types such as Gliscor .

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Bolt Strike hits very hard and completely breaks walls like Lugia and scarfers like Kyogre . Volt Switch guarantees safe switches for Yveltal and eases predictions. Outrage kills non scarf dragons and hits hard in general. Sleep Talk is there to provide a sleep absorber. It also helps against Darkrai which would otherwise cripple a team member with Dark Void. Zekrom also provides my team with a water resist. Draco Meteor is an option over Sleep Talk to hurt bulky Ground types such as Hippowdon but will make this team a bit Darkrai weak. Adamant nature is there so that none of its defenses are lowered and thus allows it to tank some hits much better . Naive nature is recommended if you choose to run Draco Meteor as it allows Zekrom to tank Espeed from Arceus as well as to strengthen Draco Meteor . 4 Evs should be invested in Special Attack should Draco Meteor be run .

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Swords Dance boosts Arceus's attack to high levels and with its natural bulk it can set up on a variety of threats. Extremespeed hits hard with +2 and can revenge kill frail threats like Darkrai . Earthquake is there to hit dialga and heatran for huge damage and 2HKOS ferro and scizor . Shadow Claw hits ghost types like Gengar , Aegislash and Arceus ghost. Shadow Force can be used in place of Shadow claw as it does massive damage lugia and Giratina after +2 who would otherwise check this set very easily but shadow force is easy to play around . Overheat or Fire Blast can be run on Arceus to hurt stuff like Scizor if you choose not to run HP Fire on Gengar.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Taunt

Taunt is there to shut down walls and leads such as Dialga . SR is mandatory and allows the team to OHKO threats they could not before. Spikes is there since deoxys's main objective is to lay down as many hazards before dying . Knock Off allows Deoxys to cripple other mons by stripping them of their items and also allows Deoxys to do something if it gets Taunted. Deoxys is the most valuable team member and is the reason this team works and is the most important pokemon on any HO team in my opinion . 4 defense evs are there to allow genesect to get a special attack boost instead of a physical attack boost allowing it to be less of a threat . Magic Coat can be used in place of Spikes to bounce back Taunts from Prankster users as well as Sticky Webs from Shuckle . A Dual Screens set with Taunt and Stealth Rock can be run to provide more setup opportunities for Ekiller and Geoxern. Anikraham's set of 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe Evs with Psycho Boost , Toxic , Magic Coat and Stealth Rock can be used to annoy Sticky Web users like Shuckle by using Magic Coat to bounce back Sticky Web , Kick Kangaskhan (which is problematic to this team) to the curb due to a combination of Psycho Boost and Toxic and Also cripple walls with Taunt + Toxic thus, destroying most stall teams .

Have fun using this team and point out it's flaws in the comments sections .
peaked #18 on the ladder.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey there supersaiyan3, not a bad team you've got there!

Since you're running max speed on Deoxys-Speed, and you want to guaranteedly get down as many hazards as possible, I'd recommend using Spikes over Magic Coat. Magic Coat is only really necessary if you're running less speed on a bulkier set.

Also, on Xerneas, an optimized EV spread would be 104 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe. This allows you to:

- Outspeed Mewtwo on an opposing Sticky Webs team
- Guaranteedly give Genesect the +SpA boost
- Maximize bulk and sheer damage output

Since this is a team so focused around the Pre-Gengar ban era, I can't really modify it too much without removing the idea of the team. After the inevitable ban, though, this team will need serious reworking to remain viable. However, I love the VolTurn core with Zekrom and Yveltal, the sheer momentum gained by that sounds awesome.

Good luck with the team!

Hi supersaiyan3, to be honest this team is fairly solid, and is clearly HO. I may have said you have no switch ins to Kyogre, but I guess Zekrom can do this fairly well (just hope your opponent's Ogre isn't Specs and Ice Beams). Still, being HO, having switch ins isn't something you should be too concerned about. I assume Arceus is your Xern check since everything on your team can hit it hard enough for it to be in range of a revenge kill. Ignore what I said in the chat because I wasn't aware of the playstyle of this team at first glance. However, there are a few significant optimizations that could be made.

First off: Zekrom. You have a Naughty nature (+Atk, -Spdef), change this to Hasty (+Speed, -Def). With Naughty, you are reducing Spdef which could be problematic when switching in to Ogre. If for example hazards are up,or you've taken any prior damage, that little loss of Spdef bulk could be the difference between a KO and a non KO. Secondly, without a +Speed nature, a Timid ogre will win the speed battle and proceed to finish you off, so you're Ogre switch in is gone. With +Speed however you can at the very least speed tie, and since the majority of scarf Ogres run Modest, you can win the Speed tie when you switch in, and kill it with Bolt Strike. Sure you lose out on a little attack, but the extra speed and spdef is more important, but I don't think that loss of attack is the difference between any KOs and 2hkos.

As for Ekiller, this is just a tiny optimization. Take out the 4 Evs in SpAtk and put it in Defense. 4 EVs in SpAtk isn't even remotely worth anything. However with it in defense, you can screw over Genesect U-Turn scouters, because they will then get the SpAtk boost instead, so you take less damage from U-Turn.

Overall, good team and good luck!

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
Hi supersaiyan3, to be honest this team is fairly solid, and is clearly HO. I may have said you have no switch ins to Kyogre, but I guess Zekrom can do this fairly well (just hope your opponent's Ogre isn't Specs and Ice Beams). Still, being HO, having switch ins isn't something you should be too concerned about. I assume Arceus is your Xern check since everything on your team can hit it hard enough for it to be in range of a revenge kill. Ignore what I said in the chat because I wasn't aware of the playstyle of this team at first glance. However, there are a few significant optimizations that could be made.

First off: Zekrom. You have a Naughty nature (+Atk, -Spdef), change this to Hasty (+Speed, -Def). With Naughty, you are reducing Spdef which could be problematic when switching in to Ogre. If for example hazards are up,or you've taken any prior damage, that little loss of Spdef bulk could be the difference between a KO and a non KO. Secondly, without a +Speed nature, a Timid ogre will win the speed battle and proceed to finish you off, so you're Ogre switch in is gone. With +Speed however you can at the very least speed tie, and since the majority of scarf Ogres run Modest, you can win the Speed tie when you switch in, and kill it with Bolt Strike. Sure you lose out on a little attack, but the extra speed and spdef is more important, but I don't think that loss of attack is the difference between any KOs and 2hkos.

As for Ekiller, this is just a tiny optimization. Take out the 4 Evs in SpAtk and put it in Defense. 4 EVs in SpAtk isn't even remotely worth anything. However with it in defense, you can screw over Genesect U-Turn scouters, because they will then get the SpAtk boost instead, so you take less damage from U-Turn.

Overall, good team and good luck!
With rayquaza, he already has a solid switch in to Kyogre. ALSO, Zekrom needs a nature that doesn't reduce Defense so that it can tank +2 ESpeed.

With rayquaza, he already has a solid switch in to Kyogre. ALSO, Zekrom needs a nature that doesn't reduce Defense so that it can tank +2 ESpeed.
"With Rayquaza"? o.O. I think you meant Zekrom, lol. Damn I didn't know about that, I guess +Speed -Spdef will do then. He can still switch in I guess so w/e.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
"With Rayquaza"? o.O. I think you meant Zekrom, lol. Damn I didn't know about that, I guess +Speed -Spdef will do then. He can still switch in I guess so w/e.
Nah man, i meant Rayquaza. If he can keep rocks off, Water Spout does a paltry ~47%, allowing it to set up Dragon Dance with ease.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
.....oops wrong team n_n

Well, in that case, there is a problem presented by Scarfogre and or Specsogre, but with all your priority, and the fact that this is an HO team, you should be able to play around it.

Really solid team, supersaiyan3 .

252 SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zekrom in Rain: 204-241 (59.8 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO -- If scarf Kyogre and you'd have to hope you win the speed tie to OHKO with Bolt Strike.

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Zekrom in Rain: 306-360 (89.7 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO -- That's pretty close and Zekrom will just end up going down after Bolt Strike if it lives.

With a HO team, switch-ins shouldn't be one of your main priorities.

If you run naive, you will live +2 E-killer but take more damage from Kyogre and OHKO'd by the specs set.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe / 32 Def
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy
- Psyshock

Geomancy is there to boost Speed and Special Attack and Sdef to high levels. Psyshock is there to fry Ho-Oh and Gengar after +2 . Moonblast is very strong after +2 , Fairy Aura and STAB and is strong without the +2 boost anyway. Focus Miss is there to nuke Heatran's face in and also do huge damage to threats such as Steelceus . The Ev's are pretty standard and is the most common for geoxern. HP Fire is an option over Focus Miss to cover threats such as SpDef Scizor-Mega if you choose not to run HP Fire on Gengar . Thunder is an option over Psyshock to kill Specially Defensive Kyogre and the uncommon Physically Defensive Ho~Oh.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Foul Play / U - Turn
- Sucker Punch

Foul play though uncommon allows this set to smack more threats then yveltal already does by hurting HO - Oh And Ekiller Arceus since Ekiller Arceus players always try to set up on LO yveltal . U - turn can be used in place of foul play to play mindgames , ease predictions and provides a safe switchin to my trapper Gengar . Dark Pulse hits extremely hard with Dark Aura and STAB boost and is there to break walls like Lugia that would give arceus trouble. Sucker Punch is there to smash frail threats like Mewtwo and also weakens scarf users such as Zekrom. Oblivion Wing allows yveltal to sustain itself and drains huge amounts of HP from it's targets.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 SpD / 180 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 SpA /252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Sludge Wave completely destroys bulky fairies like Sylveon and Fairy types in general. HP Fire allows gengar to destroy Ferrothorn , Skarmory , and Scizor. Taunt is there to shut down walls and prevent defogers from defoging. Destiny Bond is there to almost always guarantee a kill with its pathetic bulk.
76 Special Defense EV's is there to survive a +2 Moonblast. The other set of evs is also viable as every team member does enough damage to standard Geoxern so that Ekiller kills it with Espeed and also this set of evs allows more damage on certain Pokemons such as Ferrothorn in the rain . Focus Blast is an option if you choose to run HP Fire on Xerneas as Focus Blast does a lot of damage to Ekiller as well as Steelceus . Thunder is also an option to do heavy damage to Ho-Oh if you choose to run U - Turn on Yveltal. Icy Wind can also be used to hurt bulky Ground types such as Gliscor .

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage

Bolt Strike hits very hard and completely breaks walls like Lugia and scarfers like Kyogre . Volt Switch guarantees safe switches for Yveltal and eases predictions. Outrage kills non scarf dragons and hits hard in general. Sleep Talk is there to provide a sleep absorber. It also helps against Darkrai which would otherwise cripple a team member with Dark Void. Zekrom also provides my team with a water resist. Draco Meteor is an option over Sleep Talk to hurt bulky Ground types such as Hippowdon but will make this team a bit Darkrai weak. Adamant nature is there so that none of its defenses are lowered and thus allows it to tank some hits much better . Naive nature is recommended if you choose to run Draco Meteor as it allows Zekrom to tank Espeed from Arceus as well as to strengthen Draco Meteor . 4 Evs should be invested in Special Attack should Draco Meteor be run .

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Swords Dance boosts Arceus's attack to high levels and with its natural bulk it can set up on a variety of threats. Extremespeed hits hard with +2 and can revenge kill frail threats like Darkrai . Earthquake is there to hit dialga and heatran for huge damage and 2HKOS ferro and scizor . Shadow Claw hits ghost types like Gengar , Aegislash and Arceus ghost. Shadow Force can be used in place of Shadow claw as it does massive damage lugia and Giratina after +2 who would otherwise check this set very easily but shadow force is easy to play around . Overheat or Fire Blast can be run on Arceus to hurt stuff like Scizor if you choose not to run HP Fire on Gengar.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe or 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Taunt

Taunt is there to shut down walls and leads such as Dialga . SR is mandatory and allows the team to OHKO threats they could not before. Spikes is there since deoxys's main objective is to lay down as many hazards before dying . Knock Off allows Deoxys to cripple other mons by stripping them of their items and also allows Deoxys to do something if it gets Taunted. Deoxys is the most valuable team member and is the reason this team works and is the most important pokemon on any HO team in my opinion . 4 defense evs are there to allow genesect to get a special attack boost instead of a physical attack boost allowing it to be less of a threat . Magic Coat can be used in place of Spikes to bounce back Taunts from Prankster users as well as Sticky Webs from Shuckle . A Dual Screens set with Taunt and Stealth Rock can be run to provide more setup opportunities for Ekiller and Geoxern. Anikraham's set of 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe Evs with Psycho Boost , Toxic , Magic Coat and Stealth Rock can be used to annoy Sticky Web users like Shuckle by using Magic Coat to bounce back Sticky Web , Kick Kangaskhan (which is problematic to this team) to the curb due to a combination of Psycho Boost and Toxic and Also cripple walls with Taunt + Toxic thus, destroying most stall teams .

Have fun using this team and point out it's flaws in the comments sections .
peaked #18 on the ladder.
also used to get reqs of the Shadow tag suspect ladder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)