I can't get into my Pokémon Showdown account!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came onto Pokémon Showdown, and I wasn't logged in, no big deal, probably just logged out or something.

So I clicked 'Choose Name', I typed in my username, then 'Choose Name' again, then it said that the name was already registered, and a 'Log in' box came up. I type my password, and then it logs me on, but I don't have any teams...????
I check my avatar, it is the Black and White girl avatar, which isn't my usual avatar, my usual one is Steven. It had just made another account.

Can anybody help get back into my original???

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi, just to check, were you using a different computer/device from your usual one? If so, that's to be expected since all that data is stored locally as a cookie on your computer.
Alternatively, were you using private browsing /incognito mode? If so the computer won't be able to read your cookies.

If neither of these apply, have you recently done any of the following:
  • Cleared your cookies (deliberately or accidentally through doing something like deleting browsing history and not unticking the box)
  • Changed web browser
  • Reinstalled your web browser
In any case, if it wasn't a different computer / browser / incognito mode, it's likely you did somehow clear your cookies, which wipes your teams. You may wish to back them up in a pastebin to prevent this being a problem in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)