I Dont Even Know (First Attempt At Makeing A Team)

I made this team, within the limitations, of only having Pokemon White.

Galvantula
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Nature:
Moves:
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Switch

Using Thunder with Compoundeyes makes Thunder's accuracy increase significantly. Bug Buzz is another STAB move. Thunder wave is to help make up for the fact I have a slow team. Volt Switch is to scout though I'm not that sure of how to scout.

Ferrothorn
Item: Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 100 HP/204 Def/204 SDef
Nature: Relaxed
Moves:
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rocks
-Protect
-Gyro Ball

The main purpose of Ferrothorn is to set up Stealth Rocks. Gyro Ball is STAB plus it has at least 100 base power if the opponent's pokemon has a speed of over 200. Protect is to scout.

Chandelure
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/ 252 SDef
Nature: Modest
Moves:
-Overheat
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

Overheat can do serious damage combined with Choice Specs and 31 SAtk IVs. Shadow Ball and Energy Ball are just for any Pokemon weak to ghost or grass since I have no other ghost moves and only two more grass move.

Seismitoad
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4Spe
Nature: Modest
Moves:
-Scald
-Rain Dance
-Grass Knot
-Sludge Bomb

Rain Dance is to help with my team's weakness to fire since it is super effective on three members of my team, plus it activates Seismitoad's ability. Scald has the chance of giving burn. Grass Knot is for any other water pokemon (or water/ground types). And Sludge Bomb is for grass pokemon.

Bisharp
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Def
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
-Brick Break
-Sucker Punch
-Psycho Cut
-Substitute

Brick Break is for other dark pokemon. Psycho Cut is super effective against fighting pokemon which Bisharp is 4x weak against. Sucker Punch is +1 priority which makes up for Bisharp's speed and by using Substitute, the opponent has to attack.

Haxorus
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Moves:
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Claw

Aerial Ace is for fighting Pokemon since only Bisharp has another move super effective against fighting. Outrage is STAB. Earthquake is for any steel types that are resistant to Outrage. Dragon Claw is for anytime it might be more beneficial than Outrage.

You need descriptions for your Pokemon or a mod will lock this. There is an RMT making guide somewhere that shows you exactly how to do it.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

I'm sorry to say this but this team needs a lot of work. You seem like a beginner, so may I point the Battling 101 forum out for you? The reason I feel this way is because this seems like more of an in-game team, using pokemon that aren't actually very viable competitively, such as Seismetoed or Galvantula. The Battling 101 forum has a lot of experienced tutors and battlers, and you can sign up for a tutor that will teach you the ropes. Good luck!

Do you think I should start with UU, seeing how I'm a noob?

Doesn't really matter. All tiers have their own trends and such that needs to be learned. No tier is "easier" than any other. Honestly, I would say battle using teams you have seen around and once you have a feel for the metagame, you will be able to make a good team

that being said heres my thoughts on the team

Galvantula=garbage in OU. You are better off with a thunderbolt from Thunderus-T, Starmie or a Nidoking than a Thunder from this thing because they are just all around more powerful and useful

Ferrothorn only really needs protect if it has leech seed. It could be useful situationally, but that's it. Better off replacing it with spikes, or power whip with leech seed.

Chandelure is a decent pokemon, but I don't think it has the bulk to make use of pain split. You are probably better off with sub+3 attacks

Seismitoad is a bad pokemon. While rain is a viable option to cover weaknesses when its permaweather, raindance is not. Starmie or Rotom W are FAR better choices. Also, if you expect a fire move, you should be switching in Chandelure to get a flash fire boost.

Bisharp isn't a great pokemon, atleast not in OU. You have steel coverage defensively already so he really isn't needed and is dead weight

Haxorus, while I get why your using Aerial ace, it's a bad move and one you do not want to be locked in on.

Honestly, there is no quick fix to the team. You're better off rebuilding the team from the ground up

And the thing is, I only have White, so I'm limited to White's tm/hms and Pokemon. For example I just realized, that I cant even get suckerpunch for Bisharp.

Rotom and Starmie are both available in BW, and you can also use the Pokemon Dream World to get any older generation pokemon you may want. If you don't have access to the Dream World, I can trade you some, just not RNG'ed or legendaries because I don't like clonning.

You can also post in this thread to ask for any particular pokemon you want.

Okay so this is attempt two, in which I'm going to try to get a friend, to transfer and trade me.

Name: Ferrothorn
Item: Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 100 HP/204 Def/204 SDef
Moves: Power Whip, Stealth Rock, Leach Seed, and Gyroball

Shedshell to counter Magnezone, Relaxed for defense boost, EVs to take both physical and special attacks, Power Whip for ground + water + rock, Stealth Rock entry hazard, Leach Seed for hp recovery, and Gyroball for ice and rock types.

Name: Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves: Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Rapid Spin

Life Orb for attack boosting, Natural Cure for status removing, Timid for speed, EVs for special attacking and speed, Hydro Pump stab move and for fire + ground + rock, Ice Beam for grass and dragon, Thunderbolt for flying and water, and Rapid Spin to clear hazards for sweepers.

Name: Haxorus
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP, 252 Atk, 220 Spe
Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, Brick Break, Dragon Claw

Choice Band for attack boost, Mold Breaker for Earthquake, Adamant for attack, EVs for physical sweeping, Outrage powerful stab move, Earthquake for coverage, Dragon Claw for extra stab and wont lock me like Outrage, and Brick Break for Ferrothorn

Name: Gengar
Item: Leftovers
Ability:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves: Substitute, Hidden Power Fire, Shadow Ball, and Focus Blast

Leftovers for survivability, Timid for speed, EVs for special sweeping, Substitute to protect from Pursuit users and status inducers, Hidden Power Fire for steel and other coverage, Shadow Ball for stab move, and Focus Blast for bulky walls and dark types.

Name: Rotom-W
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves: Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Hidden Power Ice, and Trick

Choice Scarf for speed, Timid for speed, EVs for special sweeping, Volt Switch for stab and scouting, Hydro same reason for other Hydro users, Hidden Power Ice to smack Hydreigon or Salamence, and Trick for special walls.

Name: Dragonite
Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe
Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Fire Punch, and Roost

Lum for status counter, Multiscale to reduce damage, Adamant for attack, Dragon Dance to boost speed and attack, Dragon Claw for stab, Fire Punch for ice types, and Roost to recover hp after using Dragon Dance.

After some messing around, I really dont like the choice items, I just dont like being locked into moves. Also I'm starting to thin, that Forretress is better tham Ferrothorn, just because he has stealth rocks, spikes, and rapid spin. Other then that, Bulky Dragon Dance Dragonite and Sub + Three Attacks Gengar FTW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)