I Hear Voices In My Head [OU RMT]

The team at a glance:

My most recent team that has actually been successful. There is no real strategy, it just seems to work well.

The team in depth:

Sleep Now In The Fire (Moltres) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 216 HP/136 Def/156 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost
---
Moltres, my favourite legend to come out of Pokemon so far. Not only does it have some awesome resistances, it has good offensive and defensive stats. Will-o-wisp makes physical Pokemon cry and it racks up a nice bit of damage. Flamethrower is there for damage, and hits pretty hard from 125 base S.Atk. Hidden Power [Ground] means Heatran dies. Roost is there for recovery, and removes some key weaknesses.

Telescope Eyes (Registeel) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/136 Atk/120 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
---
Skymin counter, what. Thunder Wave is cool, but I am contemplating Explosion so I do not have a conflict of status. Ice Punch smacks Skymin around, along with other 4x weak Pokemon. Stealth Rock is just that. Explosion lets me take out a major threat like Suicune.

Disturbia (Hitmontop) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP/252 Def/20 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Brick Break
- Rapid Spin
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Tyranitar counter and spinner. Comes in on pretty much anything Tyranitar has and OHKOs with Revenge. Rapid Spin spins away Stealth Rock for Moltres and Salamence. Brick Break not only helps with Reflect and Light Screen, it does not have negative priority and has slightly higher base power. Rest and Sleep Talk provide a status taker and a way to recover.

The Pretender (Salamence) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump
---
From what I have seen, a lot of people expect DDMence. Outspeeds base 90s and gives a little bulk. Other than that, standard so you should know how it works.

Blood Sugar (Mamoswine) @ Choice Band
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/60 Def/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
---
Beastly physical threat. Superpower means it is not walled by Bronzong. Earthquake hits more or less everything hard, with Ice Shard being reassurance for Skymin. Stone Edge mashes Flying types hard, along with Bug and co. Standard.

Hold Your Colour (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk/228 Spd/28 SAtk
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
---
Kingdra got so much better with Outrage. Originally, I had a much bulkier spread. However, I think this may work better. Bulk with Life Orb is dno. I also had Yawn over Ice Beam, which I never used. Dragon Dance up with a nice Attack stat, then Waterfall or Outrage for the win. Ice Beam means I don't have to use Outrage to kill Dragons only to be revenged by a Steel. Contemplating

Threat list:
Mamoswine-oh damn, nothing can switch in safely to this beast. I suppose Registeel, Moltres and Hitmontop could handle it.
Cresselia-I find this really hard to break due to no Bug/Dark/Ghost attacks. Explosion+Draco Meteor will kill it.
Gyarados-No definite way to handle him. Moltres can take a Waterfall and stall Burn, and Mamoswine can Stone Edge. That is about it. Explosion works as a last ditch effort.
Suicune-Oh lord, absolutely nothing on this thing. Explosion take off a nice 50% or so, which means I can revenge with Salamence or Mamoswine.

Those are just a few threats I can see off of the top of my head.

Those pictures made me laugh. :)

My first though was definitely Brick Break > Revenge with Sleep Talk. Explosion on Registeel would help with Suicune; although it only manages 54.21% - 63.86% (252 HP / 252 Def, Bold). Due to Registeel's low Speed, you can then bring in Salamence and KO it. Explosion would probably go > Earthquake though, as you should be going to Moltres against Heatran, and Magnezone will just Magnet Rise..Explosion would mean you at LEAST break Magnezone's Substitute.

For Gyarados, Mamoswine and Cresselia, I was struggling a bit more. Vaporeon would help against the former two (most of the time, CB EQ's handled by Moltres). Use Hidden Power Electric / Wish / Ice Beam / Surf :) Probably over Kingdra, although you do lose offensive power on your team, you still have SpecsMence which manages 51.55% - 60.88% with Draco Meteor to standard Cresselia, and to be honest you should be able to stall it out!

Yeah, I was testing Brick Break just now and it works much better.

Losing Kingdra seems like a bad idea to me. Mamoswine cannot really sweep due to average Speed and predictability. Having Kingdra gives me a reliable late game sweeper as well, which is always useful.

Explosion over Earthquake sounds like a plan.

Thanks for the help.

I was just thinking to myself; is there a better option than Registeel? I was thinking Light Screen Metagross or Jirachi. Jirachi would help the team with Wish, and can probably beat Skymin with Ice Punch/Wish/Protect/Light Screen. Leaves me more Suicune weak so =\

I was also thinking of Hidden Power [Electric] on Kingdra. Gyarados tends to switch in a lot, so Hidden Power [Electric] 2HKOing would be useful.

I now realise how underated Moltres is. It counters so many threats it is hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)