XY OU i like genies

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
so lets just get this part over with

Team Building Process

I've never made a team with dual genies before and i've always wanted to try it so i chose both Thundurus and Landorus Incarnate

I thought to myself "hey i have a huge ice weakness" so i thought of something to fix it. Then a thought sprung into my mind. LATIAS :D there is never a big enough ice weakness!

alright, real talk now, the ice weakness is too big. So i brainstormed onto some stuff that resist ice and that are viable right now in the ou metagame. My main weaknesses right now are Dark, Ice and Ghost, so i figured "hey, lets go with ttar" and what goes better with Ttar than Excadrill.

so now that that core is done, with the PBJ known as Exca and TTar, i figured i needed something fast and devoid of a ground, water, and fire (ish) weakness. Sure, you may think 'look at that grass weakness though" but i figured hey, lets throw Scarf Washing Machine in there

So there is the completed squad, i personally dont think it's that bad, so i'll just go over the moves and why i chose them etc.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave Psychic

Rock Polish is a great move to have on Landorus. With a great movepool, there isn't much that resists this stuff. To be exact, there are 11 pokemon that resist it, but thats besides the point. I chose Stealth Rock to ensure that Thundurus can kill the Lati's with Knock Off after Rocks, and to cripple stuff like T-Flame and Zard-X. The 3 moves are basically just for coverage and STAB, Earth Power being the STAB hits stuff hard like Ferrothorn and Doublade, Focus for TTar and Ballooned Heatran and Psychic basically for Mega Venu if Latias can't KO it. Plus Exca takes care of Fairies so it's all good.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

As usual, Thunderbolt is the main move on this set, as it provides a STAB move, power, and coverage in one slot. Knock Off is a reasonably useful option that not only hits Gengar, Latias, Latios, and other Psychic- and Ghost-types very hard, but also deprives other targets of their precious items, meaning bulky Pokemon such as Zapdos and Chansey lose their Leftovers and Eviolite. 76 EV's in Attack to OHKO Latios with Knock Off after Stealth Rocks. Max Speed for opposing Thundurus & Tornadus while still being able to outspeed base 110's.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Okay so some stuff went through my head and thanks to Daigoro's analysis help, i went with Mega TTar over Smooth Rock TTar. This team lacked a mega and Landorus can easily set up SR instead of RP. Ice Punch is for Slow, non-choiced Landorus, if i predict the switch i can DD and more than likely OHKO with Ice Punch. Since this team doesn't really have a problem with Ferro, Ice Punch will come through.

Excadrill @ Choice Band Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Hot damn look at this powerhouse of a pokemon. Excadrill is a force to be reckoned with when it's under the sand. I put the Choice Band on Excadrill to ensure that nothing is safe. This thing will get a kill. I dont care what switches in.

252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 162-190 (47 - 55.2%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 390-458 (114.3 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 178-210 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Sure, Life Orb may be better, but i'm not really a fan of not having recovery. But we'll get to that. I chose this set because, well, nothing is safe.

Changed Band for LO because didn't like being locked in on stuff.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

"Due to having good bulk, a good set of resistances, and above-average offensive presence, Latias is one of the best offensive Defog users in the metagame. While Latios has even more offensive presence than Latias, Latias has higher bulk and thus the ability to come in safely on more threats than Latios, making it a more consistent Defog user. Draco Meteor is Latias's primary STAB attack, and is a great nuke capable of OHKOing many offensive threats, including Landorus, Keldeo, and Thundurus."
Yes i did just rip that from the analysis but im just going to go over why i chose that specific set.
I like Latias more than Latios. Has more bulk, gets Healing Wish, and look at it it's fkn red and we all know that Red>Blue. ANYWAYS Latias is a fun pokemon to use. Im not really afraid of Heatran with this team because i have TTar, Rotom-W and fkn CB Drill, so i found EQ/HP Fighting to be useless. Now this part was the one that stumped me. I opted to choose Roost>Healing Wish because I like to have my pokes around in case i need them. Sure, it opens a spot for LO Drill, but i don't really see the point of that. Draco and Psyshock for STAB and dealing with those pesky Conkeldurr's that walk over my team. HP Fire for Ferrothorn which also likes to wallow in the middle of the field taking up space.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

Trick Scarf Washing Machine is pretty fun. When i see the people lead with Bulky Landorus-T or even Scarf Landorus-T, i don't fear it. I simply just volt switch, knowing that the usual rotom-w set is Physically Bulky. Or they use knock off and i just will-o, all of this being circumstantial. Trick Scarf Rotom is especially fun for Chansey, because they love to come in and Toxic and S toss and do all things that Chansey's love to do. I just trick them my Scarf and say Adios Muchachos (lol). Anyways, Volt Switch and Hydro are standard of the Washing Machine, being a good offensive and defensive core typing is a pretty good thing to have, considering this is a hyper offence team.

Thats all i have kthx bai​

Last edited:
i'd recommend you don't put banded exca. LOL. sounds awful when you're locked into rapid spin.
you should take out t wave on thundurus n replace it for superpower, so you can deal with other stuff, you already have sand rush exca to revenge kill.
you can also put ice beam on tar to deal with slow non choiced lando-t. Rotom-w will be kinda fragile. you have tar for talon and thundurus and exca for pinsir. you should put a bulkier spread on tar too, or you'll lose to char x once it sets on rotom-w when exca loses its sand.
also, nor tar, exca or lati resist ice,,, so idk what were you thinking there. bop.
idk about rp lando with sludge wave. i would run cm but it's your choice.
P.S. you also leave pokemon open to sweep when exca is locked into a move.
i've seen this error a LOT of times: the team seems standard n well built but the moves n how it is constructed on the inside is what destroys the team.
no mega, weird.
5/10 ez.

Rumor

Added SR to Landorus, LO to Drill, Mega TTar, Psychic to Lando.

Last edited:
Tbh, I've found it pretty hard to get an Excadrill sweep with only 5 turns of sand, and since your set's a Dragon Dancer w/ no defense investment it's even harder to get a sweep going.

I'd recommend a Smooth Rock set if you want to base your team around Excadrill, or change it to a Mold Breaker set cuz fuck Rotoms

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Life Orb / Air Balloon / Leftovers idc
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

252 Speed is chosen over 252 HP because your team looks pretty offensive :P

Also, your team is pretty weak to Gren and Mamoswine when Rotom-W dies

Rumor

doesn't really make much sense if i'm basing the team around SandDrill, and then putting Mold Breaker on it.

o if you're basing it on SandDrill then I'd make T-tar Smooth Stone since it's hard to sweep w/ Excadrill w/ less than 4 turns. (~2 since you'll have to bring it in safely etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)