I need some good Smogon rates. No catchy titles here, I just need some help.

hi blueharvest !!!

with uxies screens, who is setting up ?? sdef based ddroostmence with a lum berry over your current set will allow you to sweep early and lure out steels that luke/tran will take care of later. another idea is dd sub kingdra with max hp, speed for gengar sub dd waterfall outrage @ lefites/lum which will help you deal with suicune who is another big weak, especially offensive fast cming versions.

the thing is you have 2 4x grass resists and i'd really rather see chestro/lefties on that pert. you have most shaymin covered between heatran and gross. it's useful i guess for lifeorb hp grass roost tbolt heatwave zapdos who kinda messes up on your team but do you really want your ability to counter a pokemon dependant on a berry ?_?

i still like mence for luring out steels for tran though so kingdra could go over pert as a bulky setupper. using kingdra means using a better way of dealing with waters like gyara, who are annoying to this team. zapdos could work over heatran, i fact the very set i mentioned might work, or you could use my set (def based for annoying scizors but with a lifeorb to beat most steels)

cool team !

The ignorant statement of SpecsLuke being inferior in just about every way infuriated me and left me with a poor first impression...

On to the team.

I find Curse / Rest / Sleep Talk / Waterfall a superior set on Swampert. With all the teams running your standard Zapdos / Scizor, Lucario / Gengar, Deoxys-S / Heatran / filler, I find it incredibly easy to set up on a number of these, while all they can do is hope for a critical hit as SD Lucario and SD Scizor won't beat CursePert if you Curse on the switch.

Why do you have Rindo Berry on there?!?! After a Curse, you should just allow Swampert to die to Shaymin-S. The opponent will often overpredict, expect a Heatran switchin, and Earth Power instead. If Stealth Rock is up, they will be taking ~50% net damage from a +1 Waterfall. If they have Life Orb, they will be losing another 10%. Specs sets must switch, allowing Stealth Rock to harm it even more. Sub sets have their Substitutes broken by a Cursed Waterfall, so they now have ~50% health. Heatran can get a free switchin, and provided you can predict well their Heatran won't be an issue. Leftovers or Chesto > Rindo.

Other than that pretty solid team.

Agreeing with gorm on switching your mence to a Special bulky mence. If you decide to keep him, atleast take out earthquake for roost. You already have a heatran counter and brick brake does around 60-70%. Roost will allow you to psuedo counter heracross and other fighters, as well as heal up after switching in to all of those stealth rocks.

Agiligross is cool, no doubt about it. But if you are going through the trouble of setting up screens, dont you want to use something that will wreck more havoc that a rock polish gross? It just seems that without an attack boosting move, any poke can get walled easily.

Im also voting for lefties over the berry on swampert. It cant do anything to skymin or celebi, so whats the use of the berry? It should not stay in in the first place.

If you are making salamence a DDmence, you have no need to switch out swampert for kingdra, since DDmence will set up.

If you are having trouble with suicune, i suggest a trick CBgross. Since you are switching out mixmence for DDmence, you have no poke that can dish out strong attacks immediately. CBgross gives you the option to use strong attacks, and later cripple a poke, and explode on the other. Having Explosion on him also helps you with your suicune weak. He maintains the physical bulk and the typing you wanted to take Outrages as well. The Ev spread is up to you, do you want to take hits or outspeed most suicune to go boom or trick choiceband?

Metagross@Choiceband
252 Hp/244 Atk/14 def adamant OR jolly 4 Hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spd
-MeteorMash/BulletPunch
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Trick

So the idea is...

Roost DD mence > Mixmence

Possibly Leftovers > Rindo on Swampert

Zapdos > Heatran

Kingdra > Pert? Maybe... I'm still paranoid, but I am Suicune weak...
The answer to your "huh?" is that you don't need two dragon dancers. If you are switching your current mixmence set for a bulkyDDmence, then you don't need to switch swampert out for kingdra. Your swampert could be switched to a resttalking one though, but it seems fine.

The one thing I see is that half of your team has Life Orb, and you lack both a Rapid Spinner and a Wish-passer. I understand that this team can seriously rape pokes, but if your opponent is able to get down Stealth Rock and even a few layers of Spikes, that damage plus the LO recoil of half of your team will really start to wear them down.

And do realize if you don't already: those screens won't last forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)