ORAS NU I suck at names

Hey guys this is my NU team. I've made it to 1200 so i thought id get some advice

Motor! (Rotom) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

This guy is here to spin block and be awesome. Shadow ball and volt switch make for a deadly combination, and allow me to get out of there safely when necessary. Pain split is a nice way to bring rotom back up, while still allowing it to do damage my foe. WoW is a nice status to spread, as it lowers physical attack, allow everyone to take more physical hits

Team Magma (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mega camel is mega camel. Deadly strong, and can take a fair few hits too! Stealth rocks are nice to have so i have a surefire way to get them up. Earth power and Fire Blast are a deadly stab combo that is made deadlier by mega/ HP grass deals with presky waters if i got nothing else

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

Sneasel is strong, and a new addition! After G8rs ban, i needed a new phyiscal power house, and boy, does sneasel deliver! Knock off cripples and really hurts on damage by getting ride of items. pursuit makes anyone 2nd guess before switching away. Ice punch makes a strong stab thats hard to bet, and ice shard gives me prioty

Spin Me (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Seed Bomb

Ferro is a amazing at taking hits! really defeinse, and leech seeds allows me to recover too! Protect further annoys and scouts what i might be dealing with attack wise. Spikes lets me wear down anyhting that might switch in. Seed bomb is to pevent taunt bait

Chucky (Claydol) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

When i heard that this guy dropped, i was so happy! CLaydol is one of my favs, and rarely under performs. Rapid Spin gets rid of hazards, making him very important to my team. Psyshock is to go psudomixed, and complements earthpower as a stab. Earth power is my main stab and loves to deal damage. Rocks are there to deploy and deal hell to my oppent

Free Spirit (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Gotta go fast! Scarf makes mesprit very fast! Healing wish allows me to sacrifice him to Summon a 5 or 6 star monster heal in a weaker mon to clean up after mesprit is useless. HP for coverage. Psychic is a power stab, always taking a big chunck away. Shadow ball is there to round out overage and is a powerful attack in its own right

You have 2 Stealth Rock Setters. At the moment, I suggest making Ferroseed Specially Defensive because nobody will want to physically attack it because of Iron Barbs. Also you like quite weak to dark so a Fighting type would be a nice addition like Machoke instead of Mespirit or Claydol. And if you decide to keep Claydol, Make it Physically Offensive with Rapid Spin, Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, and Stealth Rocks and replace Stealth Rocks on Mega Camerupt with Ancient Power, Flash Cannon, or Substitute. I personally would give Rotom Colbur Berry to help with the Dark Weakness.

Chucky (Claydol) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant
Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

Team Magma (Camerupt) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Ancient Power / Substitute / Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Motor! (Rotom) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bulky Rotom / Camerupt / LO Sneasel / Ferroseed / Claydol / Scarf Mesprit

The biggest issue I see is strong special attackers--especially Typhlosion--really rip your team apart from Team Preview because almost your entire team gets OHKOed (and all of it is 2HKOed). In a similar vein, Pokemon like Lilligant and Ludicolo are also really dangerous to face because it's really easy to wear down your already limited answers to them and just sweep. What your team needs is a good general special sponge that can eat up hits (and in particular, one that can take Fire moves). I'd suggest running Assault Vest Hariyama over Claydol for that reason, since Claydol seems to be the weakest link on your team due to having redundant typing with Mesprit and Camerupt. More specifically, a variant running Heavy Slam would be really beneficial because it lures Granbull and solidly 3HKOes max Defense Mega Audino, both of which look to be a bit of a pain currently. If you go with Hariyama your Sneasel is also probably better off with a Eviolite Swords Dance set over your current one. It's a much better cleaner as well as switches into Psychic-types with less risk due to the bulk added from Eviolite.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest | Thick Fat
252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def | Adamant
Close Combat | Knock Off | Bullet Punch | Heavy Slam

Sneasel @ Eviolite | Inner Focus
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD | Jolly
Swords Dance | Knock Off | Icicle Crash | Ice Shard

Even with Hariyama, you're still a tad weak to Typhlosion because Yama is prone to getting worn down. I think your Camerupt would be a lot better off running a specially defensive spread of 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 SpD, which provides a solid secondary switch-in to Fire spam and eases pressure on Hariyama throughout the match. I'd also look into replacing Hidden Power with another move, since it really only hits Seismitoad (which is of course very prominent, but it doesn't really like Earth Power anyway). Instead, I'd try Will-O-Wisp--burning Camerupt's switchins is really nice and it helps takes hits better as well.

Lastly, this change probably isn't completely necessary but I'd consider running Scarf Rotom over your current set and switching up Mesprit's set accordingly. Scarf Rotom is a lot faster and checks certain threats that could be annoying without it, like Smash Gorebyss which outspeeds even Scarf Mesprit after a boost. Mesprit can then be switched up to a Life Orb set, which provides some nice wallbreaking utility and retains Healing Wish.

Rotom @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def | Timid
Volt Switch | Shadow Ball | Will-O-Wisp or Thunderbolt | Trick

Mesprit @ Life Orb | Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def | Modest or Timid
Psychic | Signal Beam | Healing Wish | filler (can be anything, Tbolt lures Mantine, CM boosts, HP Fire hits Ferroseed, etc)

The last thing is that I'd use Gyro Ball with Relaxed and 0 Speed IVs on Ferroseed. Gyro Ball is typically more useful because it hits harder and in particular does a lot more to stuff like Archeops.

Bulky Rotom/SR MegaRupt/LO Sneasel/Spikes Ferroseed/SR Claydol/Scarf Mesprit

Dat Blast beat me to it and used like half my suggestions smh.

hey SuperSei cool team here, it looks like it has the foundations to be pretty solid however there are some changes I'd like to recommend. I'd highly recommend that you go with everything Dat Blast posted because it makes the team better. Even with those changes though, seems pressured by Hariyama (which can come in on half your team not including M-Rupt and force them out) and to an extent Toxic Spikes (as they can wear down Hariyama and put Sneasel which is your main wincon on a timer). To help remedy this, I'm going to recommend running Vileplume > Ferroseed as it fixes both of these issues while still filling a similar role to Ferroseed (except for spikes of course). Cool Team!

upload_2015-3-9_18-46-9.png

Vileplume @ Black Sludge | Effect Spore
248 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spd | Bold
Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Synthesis | Hidden Power Fire / Sleep Powder

Bulky Rotom / Camerupt / LO Sneasel / Ferroseed / Claydol / Scarf Mesprit

What your team needs is a good general special sponge that can eat up hits (and in particular, one that can take Fire moves). I'd suggest running Assault Vest Hariyama over Claydol for that reason, since Claydol seems to be the weakest link on your team due to having redundant typing with Mesprit and Camerupt.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest | Thick Fat
252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def | Adamant
Close Combat | Knock Off | Bullet Punch | Heavy Slam
Totally forgot Hariyama was in the tier lol.

If you decide to stick with your current Camerupt spread, just saying you have 4 extra EVs that you should drop into either defensive stat. Also, you aren't running any physical attacks on it, so it should have modest instead of quiet since your physical attack is useless and it will reduce damage from confusion/foul play. Plus then you won't always be outsped by other modest Camerupts that run 0 speed EVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)